The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Testing the Demand for a Supplement

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Hi everyone,

I don't have a business and am completely new to everything.

I want to combine 5-HTP with Vitamin B6 (supplement) to help people with depression, anxiety, sleep, mood problems. With the supplement, however, I'd provide a lot of information on top of it to make the offer a lot better than most places where you just buy a supplement and figure it out yourself and have to wade through all the random information on the internet and what not.

I wrote out a basic sales letter (first one I have ever written in my life) to try and clarify what exactly I am offering.
I put it up on my existing webpage and now I am not sure what exactly I do. I did this because I realize you need to verify/test the idea before you ever produce anything.

Do I buy a domain name and a little advertising and throw up a buy now button to see how many people click it? Or how do I verify this is what people want or start collecting emails, etc?

As you can tell, I'm a little lost :).

This is the link to the sales page if you are interested.

http://taylorjamestj.com/2012/sales-page-5htp/

Also, I have sources to a few of the claims I made from research studies done. I'm still trying to figure out how to make footnotes in wordpress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
5-HTP + Vitamin B6???

Natural Health Consultants -- 5-HTP

5-HTP should not be taken with other antidepressants, MAO inhibitors, weight loss products, St.John's wort*, or by pregnant women, unless recommended by a health practitioner. Vitamin B6 should not be taken at the same time, although it is helpful if taken about 6 hours earlier than the 5-HTP.

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
5-HTP + Vitamin B6???

Natural Health Consultants -- 5-HTP

5-HTP should not be taken with other antidepressants, MAO inhibitors, weight loss products, St.John's wort*, or by pregnant women, unless recommended by a health practitioner. Vitamin B6 should not be taken at the same time, although it is helpful if taken about 6 hours earlier than the 5-HTP.

I didn't realize there was so much conflicting opinion on the matter. I had always taken B Complex vitamins with 5-HTP and noticed that Vitamin B-6 helped convert the 5-HTP into 5-HT.

Doesn't seem to be any actual research that I can find on the matter, however, even the opinions might hurt the sales a bit.

Hmmmm...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.