The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

tenant problems

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

M&T

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I"m going through my first eviction.I gave 30 days notice. They did not leave. I got a court date at th district justice. I won that! She got a free attorney and they appealed! Now it goes to the local courthouse. I rejected the appeal at the prothonitary office. I have been waiting now for the next step. It's been about 2months since i've heard anything. What is the bestcourse of action?
Mike...:smash:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

reipro

Contributor
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Mike,

Why did you give a 30 day notice? Most states only require a 3 day notice then you set a court date? Did she show up at the orginal trial? If not most default judgements can not be apealed ( not sure on SP there)

M&T

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I gave a 30 day notice for her to leave. Reason was her 1 year contract was up. It went to a month to month lease. She brouht pets in and was no allowed to.She also did not get along wih anyone else in the building so far. Me included!She did not leave and then we got the court dat. Sh was there and i won. They appealed and now i am waiting. She has no case but her free attoney thinks he i jonny Cockrin.

JesseO

Contributor
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, you still have a breach of the lease contract. I don't think you needed to give her 30 days with an infraction like that. I was also unaware that the court's decision could be appealed especially since the lease should state very simply that no pets are allowed. Kick this scumbag out and don't hold any punches. Tenants like this are generally the type of people who will sue you for serving hot coffee at a restaurant.

ProInvestor

New Contributor
Aug 15, 2007
Australia
Just be careful, I would run the scenario through your friendly solicitor, minly bcause you don't want to p*%^ off the judge....

Rgds.
ProInvestor

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
@Fox Hi, I learned to code over the last few months, I am not the best but I am getting there, I...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom