The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

tenant problems

M&T

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I"m going through my first eviction.I gave 30 days notice. They did not leave. I got a court date at th district justice. I won that! She got a free attorney and they appealed! Now it goes to the local courthouse. I rejected the appeal at the prothonitary office. I have been waiting now for the next step. It's been about 2months since i've heard anything. What is the bestcourse of action?
Mike...:smash:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

reipro

Contributor
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Mike,

Why did you give a 30 day notice? Most states only require a 3 day notice then you set a court date? Did she show up at the orginal trial? If not most default judgements can not be apealed ( not sure on SP there)

OP
OP
M&T

M&T

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I gave a 30 day notice for her to leave. Reason was her 1 year contract was up. It went to a month to month lease. She brouht pets in and was no allowed to.She also did not get along wih anyone else in the building so far. Me included!She did not leave and then we got the court dat. Sh was there and i won. They appealed and now i am waiting. She has no case but her free attoney thinks he i jonny Cockrin.

JesseO

Contributor
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, you still have a breach of the lease contract. I don't think you needed to give her 30 days with an infraction like that. I was also unaware that the court's decision could be appealed especially since the lease should state very simply that no pets are allowed. Kick this scumbag out and don't hold any punches. Tenants like this are generally the type of people who will sue you for serving hot coffee at a restaurant.

ProInvestor

New Contributor
Aug 15, 2007
Australia
Just be careful, I would run the scenario through your friendly solicitor, minly bcause you don't want to p*%^ off the judge....

Rgds.
ProInvestor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom