The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 67 of them.)

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Sounds to me like you learned a lot.

Thanks, I kind of didn't see it. Next I need to learn what value can I add to people's lives in a 100% remote way? How can I reach these people?

This is where you can find the real steps, perfectly lined up and spelled out just for you! You will be getting the results you want, if you apply what's written on there. I promise, no kidding.

Your steps to success

Then why haven't I had my success already? I have been applying that process for years and I have not got results of one single penny to show for it (Can I cash in that garauntee? J/K) Seriously, though their must be something else going on. Is it a belief? Well, which one? Is it because I haven't found the right product(well I will keep looking,but I've not found much even on this forum) Is it because of my marketing skills? Is it because I'm not on social media enough ( how do I get an audience without getting drawn into the time wasting activities?)

I've given up TV( got rid of it) video games, fakebook, I don't go out in the evenings and weekends (what else can I give up?)

My daily one thing is find a way to value add, I never do. What's the point of building and creating things nobody wants? If I can't make a profit on one individual item,I can't make it up in volume.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Thanks, I kind of didn't see it. Next I need to learn what value can I add to people's lives in a 100% remote way? How can I reach these people?

Then why haven't I had my success already? I have been applying that process for years and I have not got results of one single penny to show for it (Can I cash in that garauntee? J/K) Seriously, though their must be something else going on. Is it a belief? Well, which one? Is it because I haven't found the right product(well I will keep looking,but I've not found much even on this forum) Is it because of my marketing skills? Is it because I'm not on social media enough ( how do I get an audience without getting drawn into the time wasting activities?)

I've given up TV( got rid of it) video games, fakebook, I don't go out in the evenings and weekends (what else can I give up?)

My daily one thing is find a way to value add, I never do. What's the point of building and creating things nobody wants? If I can't make a profit on one individual item,I can't make it up in volume.

What do you do right now, what is the goal of it? Could it be you are too vague in your ambitions? All I hear are meta-informations. You want to make money online. How? What is the first little step you took towards that today? If you want to get rich with a blog, the first step would be to set up a site and write a post, so you would see if people even needed that information. Or even simpler, write your ideas in a related forum to see if people wanted more of it. A few hours for priceless feedback!
Or if you want to develop the new instagram, learn to program "hello world" first.
Of course, the money comes later. Give first. But if you keep at it and listen to the market, it will come. Maybe you also lack consistency. If you failed your driver's license once, why didn't you try again? One failure is nothing. Success comes after around 67, as MJ posted.
Greetings

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
@LittleWolfie do you have a progress thread? not a rant thread. not a goal thread.
something where you have done the following:
- read the books
- studied the forum deeply (not just made a bunch of 'why that won't work for me' posts)
- run CENTS on several ideas
- done some initial mkt research / sales work to get the 'echo'
- have a pretty decent idea and the first few steps started

If you don't have all this together, quit posting about what doesn't work. Read, study, and actually run the analysis on ideas until one seems to have some traction. This may take 1000s of ideas to find one that gets an echo. Keep going. Don't immediately jump back to the forum and your failure loop discussion. Don't make excuses. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET. If something doesn't work, good. You are now closer to something that does. Study 'why' it didn't work. Rinse. Repeat.

Once you have done this homework, start a progress thread. Tag me (and others) in it and we will do everything we can to help you get rolling.

Yes, I have a progress thread, Happy to tag you in it. I have to admit I have not posted about the books I have read. Yes, I have done an analysis and most of them fit CENTS but are not viable for me right now.

I have got traction on some ideas, if you define success;

as a stranger clicked like on facebook, or answered my survey or had a whatsapp chat with me or I read a book, then yes 100% success. I could perhaps edit it to try and make it clearer, that the market is saying they don't want the work not me. It probably helps to read my intro thread first, then the progress thread. Perhaps I didn't title it well. However if it takes 1000s ideas to succeed, isn't the first ten failures progress?

I don't get sales or an 'echo', I can and I have done market research, but I had to slow that down. You could say I'm not failing fast enough.

In my study of 'why' what keeps coming up is the audience is too small. I've been looking into buying audiences online as a possible avenue.

What do you do right now, what is the goal of it? Could it be you are too vague in your ambitions? All I hear are meta-informations.

Possibly my being too vague in my goals , is a problem. Maybe I'm doing too much of try it out,throw it against the wall and see what sticks, rather than constant progress. I have got a little traction on Reddit, posting things(I think blogging is probably part of my solution set, but not the whole thing) my blogs I tried, never got much interest. (Maybe if I had stuck with them(I found it hard to generate the content though) I can see how it could be part of some freelance type gigs (do the work then blog about it/industry and drive traffic/monetise.

What is the first little step you took towards that today?

I've been looking at how to find an audience. I've applied for a remote freelance gig with appen. I've requested the ID verification from nextdoor, so I can post my Resume/CV and say I'm looking for work., maybe they will be more effective for me than craigslist/gumtree/linkedin/upwork/fiverr/reddit/discord

I've been scanning those job boards as well. I've been reading some more on copy-writing too.

@LittleWolfie your failure loop discussion. . If something doesn't work, good. You are now closer to something that does. Study 'why' it didn't work. Rinse. Repeat.
If I don't discuss my failures, how on Earth, am I suppose to improve? It's not about poor me, it's here is what I tried, it didn't work. Your thoughts?

Of course, the money comes later. Give first. But if you keep at it and listen to the market, it will come. .
Greetings

Maybe, I'm not listening to the market. I feel like I have given a lot and success has not come. Maybe I haven't given a lot, maybe I gave to the wrong people or in the wrong way, maybe I never keep at anything long enough because I never see the money coming.Why not give to broke people, if the money will come anyways?

If you failed your driver's license once, why didn't you try again?Greetings

It would be cheaper for me to relocate somewhere, where I don't need the license in the first place. (The instructor quoted the price of make up lessons, I was terrible) that's much more practical and fairly commonplace. Germany has excellent trams in most small towns. (That's just one of the reasons I'm learning Geman (Germans were the best respondents to some of my survey's so learning German in order to sell to Germans seems a reasonable strategy.)

Yes, I have a progress thread, Happy to tag you in it. I have to admit I have not posted about the books I have read. Yes, I have done an analysis and most of them fit CENTS but are not viable for me right now.

I have got traction on some ideas, if you define success;

as a stranger clicked like on facebook, or answered my survey or had a whatsapp chat with me or I read a book, then yes 100% success. I could perhaps edit it to try and make it clearer, that the market is saying they don't want the work not me. It probably helps to read my intro thread first, then the progress thread. Perhaps I didn't title it well. However if it takes 1000s ideas to succeed, isn't the first ten failures progress?

I don't get sales or an 'echo', I can and I have done market research, but I had to slow that down. You could say I'm not failing fast enough.

In my study of 'why' what keeps coming up is the audience is too small. I've been looking into buying audiences online as a possible avenue.

What do you do right now, what is the goal of it? Could it be you are too vague in your ambitions? All I hear are meta-informations.

Possibly my being too vague in my goals , is a problem. Maybe I'm doing too much of try it out,throw it against the wall and see what sticks, rather than constant progress. I have got a little traction on Reddit, posting things(I think blogging is probably part of my solution set, but not the whole thing) my blogs I tried, never got much interest. (Maybe if I had stuck with them(I found it hard to generate the content though) I can see how it could be part of some freelance type gigs (do the work then blog about it/industry and drive traffic/monetise.

What is the first little step you took towards that today?

I've been looking at how to find an audience. I've applied for a remote freelance gig with appen. I've requested the ID verification from nextdoor, so I can post my Resume/CV and say I'm looking for work., maybe they will be more effective for me than craigslist/gumtree/linkedin/upwork/fiverr/reddit/discord

I've been scanning those job boards as well. I've been reading some more on copy-writing too.

@LittleWolfie your failure loop discussion. . If something doesn't work, good. You are now closer to something that does. Study 'why' it didn't work. Rinse. Repeat.
If I don't discuss my failures, how on Earth, am I suppose to improve? It's not about poor me, it's here is what I tried, it didn't work. Your thoughts?

Of course, the money comes later. Give first. But if you keep at it and listen to the market, it will come. .
Greetings

Maybe, I'm not listening to the market. I feel like I have given a lot and success has not come. Maybe I haven't given a lot, maybe I gave to the wrong people or in the wrong way, maybe I never keep at anything long enough because I never see the money coming.Why not give to broke people, if the money will come anyways?

If you failed your driver's license once, why didn't you try again?Greetings

It would be cheaper for me to relocate somewhere, where I don't need the license in the first place. (The instructor quoted the price of make up lessons, I was terrible) that's much more practical and fairly commonplace. Germany has excellent trams in most small towns. (That's just one of the reasons I'm learning Geman (Germans were the best respondents to some of my survey's so learning German in order to sell to Germans seems a reasonable strategy.)

. Success comes after around 67, as MJ posted.

Sure, if I can't get past 3, I'm not going to reach 67 though. I know I need to learn why it didn't work and not make excuses. Now if you tell me your opinion on the 'why' that's much more likely not to be an excuse, and to suggest to me what I could do about it.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
@LittleWolfie

Once you have done this homework, start a progress thread. Tag me (and others) in it and we will do everything we can to help you get rolling.

Done. Anyone else interested let me know if you want and I will tag you in.

@LittleWolfie

If you don't have all this together, quit posting about what doesn't work.

Of course what does not work for me, may work well for you, and conversely what doesn't work for you, may work well for me. It's whatdoesn;t work for me, believe me as soon as I find what does work for me, I will be posting about it(short of a big fat NDA payment)

Dramolion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 13, 2018
Why would it need to be a 100% remote way ? You re limiting your own possibilities with this kind of mind-set.
You can be a dropshipper but you 'll only start competiting with all the other dropshippers, which is pretty much everyone and their mom.(yes everyone wants to make money with easy online solutions like shopify or cryptocurrency)
Go find something in your local area that's amiss, or find something that's produced in your local area that you can export.
Most of all, look for OPPORTUNITIES, and not for obstacles, other then how to pass around them.

Owlman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 17, 2018
We see it here all the time here at Fastlane. Someone posts a success story or a personal break through, and like clockwork, someone always asks "what exactly did you do? I mean like, tell me the EXACT steps!"

How do I succeed? How do I make millions?! How do I X, Y, and Z?

Well by popular demand, I give you the exact steps!

Here we go:

The Exact Steps For Entrepreneurial Success!
  1. Read the book, get excited and post forum declaration about making $10M in the next 10 months!
  2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!
And the beauty of these EXACT STEPS? They also will tell you EXACTLY where you will fail! Take a look at STEP 3.

That is the place where most people make failure permanent.

STEP 3 is also the final destination for people who say "I gonna give this FASTLANE thing a try!"

Oh really? Going to the gym ONCE ain't gonna make you a fitness model!

<OFF RANT!>
Yaa skipped the most important step, the 66th step when u look more like an idiot than anything else. At this point you might consider suicide, just for kicks

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Are you in the red or black. Mathew mconohaugh would ask that. Red means your in the negative, and black means the opposite! So act, fail, learn, and adjust on all your priorities-then ask if your in the red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Step 4 is where I'm getting stuck. Can I fail? Sure. Do I learn from those failures? Nothing that helps me.

I bet if you list them down, and then write a paragraph below each one on why it happened and how you can avoid it again, it will help.

Start now, list your most recent/painful failure right here and together let's turn it into a lesson.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
We see it here all the time here at Fastlane. Someone posts a success story or a personal break through, and like clockwork, someone always asks "what exactly did you do? I mean like, tell me the EXACT steps!"

Here we go:

1. Read the book, get excited and post forum declaration about making $10M in the next 10 months!
  2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!
And the beauty of these EXACT STEPS? They also will tell you EXACTLY where you will fail! Take a look at STEP 3.

STEP 3 is also the final destination for people who say "I gonna give this FASTLANE thing a try!"

<OFF RANT!>

Shoot, 3 years and I'm only on step 15, I'd better get a move on, time's a tickin.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
OK, perfect let's tackle things one at a time.

Let's do another one, that was fun :)

Perhaps we should move this, elsewhere so as not to hijack the thread? Then again, lots of great content in there for anyone else in a similar position.

Next (Kind of related)
Need Help finding bad tone/whiny/negative/excuse-making complaining type content. My task is to take ten of these and rewrite them using positive-tone
synonyms, then ask other people which sounds better

This helps me with empathy, detecting tones and writing with different tones which are all prerequisites of learning to sell.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Yeah, So.... At what point can we sit down for coffee? Can you also mentor me? How about being a partner in my company? We are going to make a billion dollars.

Forget it's better.
You do not need a mentor but a caregiver to help you do your homework.
What did you understand?
I said the lessons they give to kindergarten children at home.

Dana Taylor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 2, 2018
Malta
I AM GOING TO MAKE 20 MILLION IN 12 MONTHS! LET'S DO THIS!

Here we go:

2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!

<OFF RANT!>

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
And here's another important point...

Even after reaching #35 (SUCCESS!) the process starts ALL over again.

Except next time, it might not be 35 steps long, but only 12 steps long. The fact is, no one has a 100% success rate. Even the VC billionaires don't succeed 100% of the time (if they did, ALL of their investments would make fortunes and go public) -- they endure the same process, albeit their learning curve is much shorter.
Ok who is better the VC or Angel?

dafangcoach

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 23, 2022
Taiwan

Here we go:

2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!

<OFF RANT!>
This is f**king hilarious.
You got me at step 3.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I think, I capitulated at step 11 or some later for a while.

What abor succeed: is secceed the success of the retire fastlane endgame or of a business, which is running with positiv ROI?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.