The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Tell me about your ride...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

mach9

PARKED
Aug 30, 2007
In the daytime, I drive a worn out '01 Ford Ranger. On the weekends though, this is my baby. I'm proud of my little steed 'cause I did it all myself. The chassis, engine, trans, and rearend. Even painted it myself. Has run a best of 6.489 @ 104 mph in the eighth mile. On PUMP gas. :) Before I parked it over a month ago, it made 19 consecutive runs between 6.71 and 6.74. And just when I felt like it was really right, I had to park it. And that is why I am here. Racing wasn't any fun when I was constantly having to worry about where next weeks entry fee was coming from. Knowing that if I didn't win money this week, I probably wasn't racing next week. I have vowed that I won't sit down in it again until I can do it without ANY concern as to how much it costs me or whether or not I win any money with it.
Although I'm no smarter than the next guy, that car reminds me that when I really put my mind to something, I can do it. Now, my challenge is to become wealthy. It has now become more important to me to know that I can AFFORD to race, than it is to actually race. If that makes any sense. The most important thing to me now is to get away from this job that I absolutely hate......and not have to find another job that I'll end hating just as much in a year or two. I want to be financially free. That is my new challenge. Thanks for listening. MJ

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
Aug 13, 2007
Nope, not Google (have a lot of friends there, but I wouldn't even consider it).

Actually went to a startup that six months later got acquired by Microsoft. So, now I'm back at Microsoft where I started 10 years ago...

Of course, I'm not sure if you consider that better than Google (a lot of people here in the Valley aren't big Microsoft fans)... :)

Good job. I dislike Google and hail Microsoft :eusa_clap:.

Everyone I know of is getting job offers from Google. It is a great company no doubt, but the employees are questionable. I'll tell ya, some valley people are of a different breed of human :).

ToddW

New Contributor
Sep 4, 2007
California
Sold in 2005

Replaced With:

Sold in 2006

replaced with:

(That's not me, that's previous owner, it's currently getting everything new from the firewall forward, 100% tube now, it was OEM frame before.)

:smx19:

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
We have a decade old Volvo Turbo Sedan,
a repaired crash car.

...for a different view on things...

: )
lol. I had a 10 year old Nissan Maxima that I drove for a couple of years with dings and most operational buttons were malfunctioning... friends/relatives would ask me if everything was financially OK with me.

To everyones delight, I got a real car after a fender bender was going to cost $3000 which was more than the value of the car.

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
We have a decade old Volvo Turbo Sedan,
a repaired crash car.

...for a different view on things...

: )
lol. I drive a '02 Toyota Camry SE, and for where I live that is fancy. I've been thinking about taking it down a notch to a 4 wheel drive truck. I haul stuff (currently have to pay- and then wait for other people to haul stuff:mad:) for the cabins. I don't think I would ever spend more than $12k on a car. Just not a priority for me. Don't get me wrong, I would rent some sort of super fast car for a weekend in a second! ...I currently spend all my money on sushi and cabins.:)

Just out of curiousity, all those that drive fast cars, are you brand name conscious when it comes to other things like clothes, shoes, purses? ...Again, not that there is anything wrong with spending money on name brand stuff. Just curious.

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
Yes, thank God they have sushi here! ...I have to drive an hour each way to get some- but hey, it's there- and it's worth the :driving:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
they have sushi in New Mexico????
Haha. :rofl:

When I get my license in March, I'm probably getting my dad's '99 Acura TL and he'll get a new car. I'm hoping I'll only have that car for a year or so once I can afford something for myself.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
This video is amazing.

The performance of a Ferrari Enzo . . . for the price of a Ford.

Not my ride . . . yet. But at the top of my list. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA"]YouTube - Top Gear: Atom[/ame]

1320Trader

New Contributor
Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
I was building a Lexus SC.....but I decided to part it out in order to use my money in the market

Kontis

PARKED
Sep 15, 2007
NYC
Shouldn't be your license be revoked?
I had a good lawyer that was recommended to me. He was like the Johnnie Cochran of moving violations. I just know that he got me off the hook. Now I pay the DMV a yearly fee for 3 years, and I can't get pulled over again for 18 months. :banana:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Meet my little black cadillac

I was going to put her on MJ's Lambo thread - but... well.... I decided I better not piss off all the real Lambo owners ;)

djs13

Contributor
Oct 3, 2007
NY
There are other racers here too!?

I race go-karts:

But as a street car - I'm going for my license at the end of this month. I'm thinking a 944, but the camaros make it a tough choice!!

MrDoctor

New Contributor
Aug 13, 2007
I was building a Lexus SC.....but I decided to part it out in order to use my money in the market
:eusa_clap:

I'm keeping mine stock. Although, currently, I am trying to sell it. A replacement will be coming in soon :).

OP
OP
Bilgefisher

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Bump. I enjoy the community posts if you can't tell.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
I'm more excited about the land in the background... beautiful!

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
Sep 1, 2007
03' Lexus IS300, 5-speed.
- 18" PIAA rims w/ Pirelli tires (for sale), 28% tint, Seibon CF Hood w/ Aerocatch pins, Full Greddy exhaust.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
my car is a falling apart 92 mercury grand marquis, that we got for free when my dh grandfather died...

3 out of 4 windows dont work. my dh ripped the roof thing off(it had a canvas top that was flapping in the breeze) and the inside of the car is totally trashed! ohh and the windshield wipers dont work lol...

the last time i drove it was a few months back i was running out to get food. the window went down and then refused to go back up then it started pouring rain. thats when the wipers went out. so there i am trying to drive while having to work the windshield wiper button by hand while getting rained on! it was quite the adventure!

then as soon as i got home the window went back up!

(we HAD another car we were driving from my dh old boss that was supposedly a bonus! who fired him last week SOOOOO now we have to give it back, just got my merc back on the road today)

calgon take me away!!!!

that damn car needs more money then its worth but it still drives so i got to drive it... needs 3 windows fixed(motors i think) brakes and rotors and tires all around. a new turn signal switch(to fix the wipers) and numerous other little things...if the engine and tranny werent ok id get a new(used crap) one. i just cant see getting rid of a perfectly fine running car even if i cant see when it rains!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
well the mercury is dead.

tranny is toast. between that and everything else thats wrong with it we are giving up lol.

new car comming soon.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2008
I have a '93 SAAB 900 S into which I have plowed WAY too much customization capital.
See pics and specs here!
:coolgleamA:

Jill

Silver Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Nothing exciting. But it's "me". Nice and comfortable, well-broken-in, sophisticated (debatable!!), yet sporty and fun.

Jaguar S-type, 4.0, 280 horsies.

aptohosting

Contributor
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
My new baby, just got the 15% tint :)

M&T

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I have a "98" STS Cadillac Seville 300hp and you can fit 2 bodies and your golf clubs in the trunk!
I got my wife the Cadillac SRX SUV "04" - for babies and the pooches...
Both are great and USA made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock