The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Tell me about your ride...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2010
California

This was my first car when I got my license at 16.

Upgraded to a van a few years later after I developed a decent sized e-mail list. Needed a bigger vehicle to store the candy that I was funneling the existing customers towards.

Jill

Silver Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Thx, @Lathan. And no worries. It's a Maserati GranTurismo. I'm not a gear head either. I just thot it was beautiful.

And yes, @IAmTheJeff, that is a factory paint job. It's actually a dark metallic wine color called Bordeaux Pontevecchio. It is pretty rare . . . which is why I waited to find it!

Last edited:

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
You guys are going to laugh, but this is my ride. I can afford to buy a car, but wouldn't be able to afford insurance.

This bike tops out at 60kph, and gets like 100 miles to the gallon. It's a 23 year old steel norco frame with a $200 engine kit from china attached to it. It vibrates a lot and it's a stinky 2 stroke. Riding it is kinda like playing with your life if you pin the throttle because bicycles are really only designed to go like 20kph tops.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Below is an ironic video: This is not me driving, but this is my friend's NSX when we were at Road America. 2 years later, the new owner of my ex-NSX crashed in the same way on the same turn. Ironically, this happened about 1 month after I asked him if he wanted to sell it back to me. They really do ride like they are on rails, but you'd never believe it cause we always total ours. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axp_g049Cxw"]YouTube - NSX crash at Road America[/ame]

:smxD:

Here are some pics of my old NSX when I had it. The first one is from Chicago Motor Speedway. The next 2 are from the Chicago skyline.

sprite

Contributor
Jan 7, 2009

Ok that's my rides.

2007 Ferrari F430 Spider: Smoked Lights, Tinted Windows, V1 Radar
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo SL: V1 Radar, Laser Pro Park Diffusers, Quicksilver Exhaust, Tinted Windows, Smoked Tails, BMC Air Filters. LP560 Bumper coming soon.
2006 Ford GT: Pulley/Tune, Full Length Header, Accufab X-Pipe, Accufab Throttle Body, Transaxle Cooler, Lowered.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania

It's a 98.5 Audi A4, 5 speed of course. Ironically when I made this account in 2012 the Porsche Boxster S was my favorite car in production. Then in 2013 the Jaguar F-Type came out... next car might end up being a Jaaaaaaaaaag instead, if not another Audi after how great this one has been.

And Jill... the GranTurismo might be the prettiest car ever made.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Rides, past and present

MrDoctor

New Contributor
Aug 13, 2007
Mine:

1997 Porsche 911 (993) Carrera 4S (all wheel drive). Somewhat modified for track use/street (I am a Porsche Club of America high performance driving instructor).
Dude, that is awesome :notworthy:! I have been looking for a 993. The prices have taken off!

As for me. I drive a 1995 Lexus SC300 coupe. Fun, sporty, dependable, and fully depreciated. Well, maybe not FULLY depreciated, lol. I know I won't lose much though. I actually bought the car for 9k from a desperate seller, when bluebook value is 10.5k, and that is not considering the rareness of the car (it is a 5 speed manual.)

I love my car!

aptohosting

Contributor
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
2004 Imola Red BMW M3- 6 Speed

Timberland

New Contributor
Sep 22, 2008
'91 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Built motor, TD06 Turbo, AEM standalone, 880cc injectors, KU manifold, Carbonetic LSD, volk wheels, defi gauges etc

I also have an 03 Grand Cherokee with a 2.5" lift and 31" tires. Works great as a canadian daily driver

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Bringing this back from the dead...who wants to throw up some rides to motivate the group? Doubt my eclipse will get anyone excited. LOL
Not sure if my GMC 2500 hd will inspire you. Although it's a 4 door so my dog has room to roam. I did beat my friend in a drag race the other day. He in an Audi TT, me pulling a bobcat on a trailer.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2014
I drive a 2003 Nissan Sentra - totally custom paint job because it goes so fast that the paint peeled off of the hood and quarter panel. Actually I dont drive fast at all. Paint still peeled off.

Of course, it's gold

The gauges don't work - well they do if I hit the dash in just the right spot. The gas gauge however is a smart gauge - as in it is smart enough to think for itself and do as it pleases. Luckily, it never tells me it has MORE gas than it actually does.

CD player doesn't work either. I like radio better anyway.

I would have posted a pic, but I sent them all in to Lowrider - sorry

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@Jill, looking forward to taking a ride in that someday. :wideyed:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Okay nothing in comparison compared to some of the guys have on here but here has been some of my cars through the years..

First Car :
Volkswagen Golf (was great for a starter car the colour I thought was nice at the time lol.)

Second Car :
BMW 530d Shared with my Mum lol.

Third Car :
Audi A3 loved this car

Fourth Car :
VW R32

Fifth Car :
BMW X5

Sixth Car :
Subaru 2.5 wrx

Seventh Car : BMW X5

Eighth Car : BMW X5

Yes I sold a black x5 and bought another one within weeks :facepalm:

Currently driving a Mini just now as I got it on a good deal to sell on not sure what to purchase next certainly wont be anything over £10k
My favorite out of them all was either the BMW 530d or the VW R32 both where fun to drive and have fond memories.

edit : I love that Maserati and the colour its stunning

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 18, 2014
Cars! My favorite thing! Mine is my avatar, 07 Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6spd. Cheap to run, $85/mo full coverage, and actually quite fun.
One of my favorite Euros. Super fun, super discreet, sounds great with the right aftermarket pipes, pretty cheap. Kudos for your taste in cars.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
@Jill I am not a car person... not impressed with them in the least. that said that is one beautiful car!!! I have never seen one of those before. maybe I am a car girl after all :p

I am currently without a car... the nicest car I ever owned got totaled in November (not my fault!) I haven't replaced it yet. (driving hurts since the accident :( ) the nicest car I have ever owned was yes a 1998 Honda accord :p it was mint still got 45mpg verified on the trip to its death :(

my husband wanted me to pick a car... so I have :p this is what I want. someday (hopefully sooner then later) he insists I have to have a new car. when I have the money to pay for this sucker in cash then its on...

I want that in metallic blue p85 supercharged plz :)
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/design
What really sucks about your total is that it's totally repairable, and you could be driving that thing still. Insurance just doesn't see it as a worthwhile repair. Sorry for your loss :(

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
No it was totalled. It had over 5k dmg. He hit the center rail between the doors. The drivers door was out of square too. The wheel well was on the tire the cops had to pry it off to move the car. Plus it happened in pa the day before I was supposed to come back to ga. They would have had to ship it to me. Paid 2200 for the car got 4800 for it. (Over blue book I fought for higher value and won) I could have made them fix it. It was not worth it. That car was done...
Eta. The drivers door wouldn't open. I almost drove it back to ga. Hubs flipped n said hell no... once I had to leave pa without it I was done with it lol
Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bimmer

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2014
@Jill - I love the car, and that colour is classy!

It's also one of my goals to own that car , hence my avatar.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2007
All this talk about cars. We went to replace my honda with a newer used one and they talked us into new (well the numbers did) we bought our very first brand new car!

wish we could have really bought it cash but we aren't there quite yet so technically the bank owns it lol. Its a 2014 honda civic ;)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2007
that is awesome! my husband works about 1.5 miles from where we live. I just showed him that and he thinks that's awesome too. did you buy that like that or did you make it? he wants to make one :)

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
that is awesome! my husband works about 1.5 miles from where we live. I just showed him that and he thinks that's awesome too. did you buy that like that or did you make it? he wants to make one :)
Thanks! I built it! It's relatively easy to put together, all you need is a socket wrench set, zip-ties, a hammer, and something to punch a rivet out of the chain with the hammer to get it to the correct length.

You can grab these kits on ebay for as low as 150 bucks but there are a lot of low quality ones. I got mine from a Canadian site, but here's an American one for guys which I've bought parts off of before: http://www.bikeberry.com/

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Don't forget to put he seat back on

You guys are going to laugh, but this is my ride. I can afford to buy a car, but wouldn't be able to afford insurance.

This bike tops out at 60kph, and gets like 100 miles to the gallon. It's a 23 year old steel norco frame with a $200 engine kit from china attached to it. It vibrates a lot and it's a stinky 2 stroke. Riding it is kinda like playing with your life if you pin the throttle because bicycles are really only designed to go like 20kph tops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock