The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Techniques for uncovering unconcious money beliefs (and changing them!)?

Anything related to matters of the mind

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I am absolutely certain there are already threads about this on here, but I haven't managed to find them.

A friend and I were discussing our early messages about money, how those influence our unconcious beliefs now, and how to shift them.

Does anyone please have any suggestions for threads on this forum, books, articles, authors/bloggers, and particularly workbooks, checklists or online courses?

At a first glance, it's more about getting money IN, we are neither of us prone to debt or spending too much - though I'm very aware that the mindset that avoids debt and profligacy could well be "stopping the flow" in both directions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Step #1: Quit thinking money is a mystical force in the universe.
Step #2: Start a business or start buying lotto tickets.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Self examination using ruthless honesty is a very worthwhile activity.

But it is like dessert, don't let it take the place of the main meal - doing the work to move forward towards your goals every day.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
The Energy of Money
Get Rich Lucky Bitch
The Millions Within
The Science of Being Great
The Science of Being Rich

Those titles are pretty damn good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
dknise and Jonleehacker - LOL, you are so right ;-)

Lauryn - I'll have a look at those titles.

Thanks!

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
It took me a couple years to work on, and unfortunately I think that is par for the course.
Initially you start off slowlane or sidewalk, and your friends parents and whatever really don't expect certain things from you, so one of the best things I would imagine is to find people that are free of those restrictions and to just be patient with them, and genuine in getting to know them. You'll get frustrated at times cuz they won't want to talk about your issues, so you'll spend time chasing down leads on these emotions, only to sort of curse at your own version of a white whale.

You do your best to get away from it, but eventually you realise things like what mj said in the 11 mistakes that make you poor blog post.
The other part is your view of money, and I would suggest reading rich kids guide to hustling, as it has some ok tastes of how to value a product and how to then buy low and sell a cleaned up version higher.

Then there are issues with launching your biz, so, that means becoming someone that walks the talk. And I think THAT is the most transformative step, where everything you do starts to tell you a bit about how money works.

Don't expect to learn a lot from old habits, and learning hustling and valuation can only get you so far, its the real task that starts to turn the wheels.

Now, how do you become an action taker? Belief that your product and biz isn't poor and having the ability to execute on a long process that will see your plans unfold.

Hope that helps you get a realistic grasp of what to expect

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.