The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Teacher, Real Estate, Or Youtuber?

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Hello everyone (and Mr. Demarco)

I just started reading the Millionaire Fastlane (which made me find this forum). It seems as if everyone here is extremely smart and all looking for the same thing! I figured what a great place to ask for advice!

Long story short, I'm 28 years old (about to be 29 in 2 weeks). I work as a school teacher in the Bronx NY (it's a tough job). I want to make a lot of money, and be young enough to enjoy it-. I have read countless books, (and as many books about money as possible): Think and Grow Rich, the Law of Success, The Science of Getting Rich, How to Get Rich to name a few.. Anyway, since I know I won't get rich on a teacher's salary I made a plan. I started a Youtube channel called "2M Lifestyle" --> John Buffet

It's a channel about living life to the max; a self help channel about improving yourself from your confidence, to your fitness, to your hair, etc, etc.

I started it a few months ago and it's been difficult getting followers and views. I only have 81 subscribers, and the only time my video's get a good amount of views is if I pay for advertisements..

Anyway, because of this I said I don't want to spend all my time doing a youtube channel that won't be profitable.. So, I decided to start studying to be a real estate agent.. figuring I could work as a teacher and do real estate part time, thinking real estate would hopefully take off and I could potentially get rich from making deals and quit my job...

I'm sorry for the long post, and I know I sound all over the place, but what do you guys think I should do? Should I continue the youtube and hope it takes off despite a very, very slow start? Should I ditch the youtube and focus my attention on studying and become a real estate agent? Or should I forget about both of them and just save up money to invest in a multi family house? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.. Its hard to balance teaching, with making the youtube videos, and studying/preparing to be a real estate agent.. But I know I want to become rich..

Thank you guys in advance..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
It seems like you get some views on your videos, they are very random though haha. So maybe try to figure out what niche works the best and focus on that. You can always put YouTube in your schedule somehow, but I wouldn't do it to make a living out of it.

Don't do too much things at the same time, although I'm not following my own advice on that either :rofl:

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
It seems like you get some views on your videos, they are very random though haha. So maybe try to figure out what niche works the best and focus on that. You can always put YouTube in your schedule somehow, but I wouldn't do it to make a living out of it.

Don't do too much things at the same time, although I'm not following my own advice on that either :rofl:

Thanks for the response. The random views are because of the advertising; like the confidence video I did has like 6k views because I paid for advertisement for it..

You said dont rely on it to make money? Then my efforts/time should be put towards something else then? I mean the youtube does take time.. writing scripts.. recording.. editing.. promoting.. and then I would have to put time into a social media presence including instagram, snap chat, etc..

So dont do the youtube and just focus on real estate?

DCDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Dec 3, 2016
Washington DC
@JohnBuffet

I cannot speak on how to monetize your youtube channel but what I can speak on is being in Real Estate, there have been a ton of people who think that getting into Real Estate part time is a good idea and on the outside, it sounds like a great idea! You'll say to yourself "I'll work real estate part time, i'll work evening and/or weekends" the reality of it is clients need to talk to you all the time, morning, noon and night. Additionally, you are in New York which is one of the hardest markets to get into as a brand new agent let alone a part time agent.

I'm not going to scare you with horror stories because the truth is I actually really like working in Rela Estate because of the clients, the money is great but it is only a byproduct of a job well done. Real Estate is a relationship based business so you may succeed working with family or friends who need to buy or sell so that may net you some additional income but it won't replace your teaching salary entirely until you go full time.

FYI - My first year in real estate I made a total of 4000.00 before taxes. I couldn't advertise and it was mostly from rentals, I lived on a budget of 500.00 for food and gas monthly....it was hell but I knew it was the only way I could get out of the rat race quickly. My 2nd year I made just under 30k which may sound great but I was still living on a budget and again the 30k was before taxes, it wasn't as bad as my first year but it was still very hard and I realized this was not sustainable. My 3rd year was better but only because I joined a new firm, I caught a break because I was a full time agent and the firm reached out to me because of that fact and a few others.

If I had any advice for you, it would be to start and Ecom business, that is what I am doing while still working in Real Estate, Real Estate is still full time but so is Ecom! That is the beauty of an Ecom business, you're able to make money while you sleep! I'm finding that it is a tremendous amount of work but check out:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...orting-wholesaling-for-resale-on-ebay.51843/” <--- This page is an AMA (ask me anything) that @Ecom man did on reselling items from China on Ebay, lots of good nuggets in the thread but the thread is 84 pages long so it may take a while.

AndyTalks with Forum Members (Master Thread) <---- This thread is one started by the legendary @Andy Black about getting started in business and lead generation.

Check out the threads labeled as "Gold", those threads are full of little nuggets.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and welcome to the forums. If you do decide to get into Real Estate feel free to reach out, my firm is not a traditional real estate firm that tells people to "Buy Now while the market is hot!" or crap like that, we actually advise clients.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Thanks for the response. The random views are because of the advertising; like the confidence video I did has like 6k views because I paid for advertisement for it..

You said dont rely on it to make money? Then my efforts/time should be put towards something else then? I mean the youtube does take time.. writing scripts.. recording.. editing.. promoting.. and then I would have to put time into a social media presence including instagram, snap chat, etc..

So dont do the youtube and just focus on real estate?

If you want money do real estate. If you like youtube do youtube. But sometimes doing what you like eventually makes you money.

So realistically focus on real estate for now. But then again being realistic lol I'll stop

Jonathan Polley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 26, 2016
Valencia, Spain
Youtube is a wonderful resource that can drive customers to your other pages. But to actually earn money directly off Youtube is incredibly hard. (Of course you should still monetize)

You need roughly 1000 views to earn 1 dollar. So a million views for $1000 dollars, it's great if you can get it going, but the competition is fierce on Youtube. And how many millions of views do you think you can secure a month?
The barrier to entry is practically non-existent.

I would also query advertising in order to get views. After all, are you selling a product directly related to the advert? Or are you just paying for exposure with no way to convert that exposure into money (other than Youtube monitisation)?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum. Backing up what @DCDeuce said, start with the Gold Threads.

As for YouTube, what's the end goal. I hope it's just "get lots of followers count my money". YouTube has made A LOT of changes to its partners program. A lot of "YouTube stars" have either been cut off or aren't making as much. Also, being a YouTube celebrity is a huge violation of time for money. Sure, if you are very popular, you can make 6 figures... if you're constantly filming, editing and promoting. The minute you stop producing new content, your cash flow stops. There's so "set it and forget it"

Now this isn't all to say YouTube cannot be a good revenue stream, but it's got to be part of a bigger plan. Take your type of show, "living life to its fullest". If you used the show to get people to your site, to join a community and then sold them "life coaching" or tips on low cost vacations or used it to drive affiliate traffic, then you're getting somewhere. However, no one needs another life coach or affiliate.

If you want to use YouTube, use it as a traffic source not a traffic destination.

Once you finish the book and really understand the commandments and the money tree seeds, you'll see why this won't work.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Okay THANK you all SO MUCH.

For my response: The YouTube .. the end goal was to make money. How? I figured by making money off of views, and then putting out a book, a clothing line, consultation services, etc. But, I see what some of you mean. Those are good points that it should be used to promote a certain product, or drive traffic somewhere else, not just be a destination.. And yes, your right, no one needs another life coach.

So, if the youtube isn't a great idea, and doing real estate part time won't work.. both of my ideas are scratched.. And I'm not mad, believe me, I am happy to learn rather than in years from now.. So, would you guys advise against both real estate part time and advise against the youtube, knowing what I just said?

And if yes, then what should I do now?? Save up money and invest in properties??

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
So, would you guys advise against both real estate part time and advise against the youtube, knowing what I just said?

And if yes, then what should I do now?? Save up money and invest in properties??

For every idea you have, there are going to be people on this forum who advise you against it.

People make money doing/selling just about anything. Including youtube and real estate.

What are you interested in? Where are your strengths? How hard are you willing to work?

We can help you with the "how", but we can't tell you the "what" or the "why".

If you need other people to tell you what to do, then you aren't ready to take this seriously yet.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
For every idea you have, there are going to be people on this forum who advise you against it.

People make money doing/selling just about anything. Including youtube and real estate.

What are you interested in? Where are your strengths? How hard are you willing to work?

If you need other people to tell you what to do, then you aren't ready to take this seriously yet.

I am ready to take this seriously. I read a ton, and I am always thinking of what to do. I would not be on the forum asking for advise if I didn't take thing extremely seriously. I would not have put countless hours into my youtube if I didn't take this seriously. I would not have paid for a real estate course and studied for hours every night if I didn't take this seriously. THis is my life, I just don't know the best way to go about getting to the end goal of making a lot of money.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes, like I said, I'm not trying to be a teacher the rest of my life. I'm good with people, I'm a good listener, I'm a hard worker.. I enjoy sales.. I enjoy helping people..

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I am ready to take this seriously. I read a ton, and I am always thinking of what to do. I would not be on the forum asking for advise if I didn't take thing extremely seriously. I would not have put countless hours into my youtube if I didn't take this seriously. I would not have paid for a real estate course and studied for hours every night if I didn't take this seriously.

You wouldn't be ready to quit after 4 strangers gave you critical feedback on your idea (and none of them told you to quit...), if you were taking this seriously.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes, like I said, I'm not trying to be a teacher the rest of my life. I'm good with people, I'm a good listener, I'm a hard worker.. I enjoy sales.. I enjoy helping people..

You'll get there. Keep that fire in your gut.

I used to be a teacher... and I completely understand how *those* kids are a daily reminder of how you need to do something else.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
You wouldn't be ready to quit after 4 strangers gave you critical feedback on your idea (and none of them told you to quit...), if you were taking this seriously.

You'll get there. Keep that fire in your gut.

I used to be a teacher... and I completely understand how *those* kids are a daily reminder of how you need to do something else.

LOL! AMP your right.. It is a difficult job, and even more difficult when some of the kids don't care, or are extremely disrespectful.

What do you do now?

So, I guess, from my understanding, youtube and real estate are both difficult.. but keep taking a shot at doing both? As hungry as I am for success I am also very confused and need to a definitive plan.. which is why I am posting the "what do I do !"?

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
So, if you guys were me, what would you do?? I am still confused as heck!
Write it down, maybe run a algorithm on it to find the most logical decision lol.

But if I'd were you I would have 1 safe thing and one risky one. So keep teaching, and do real estate on the side. Now when real estate is safe you can do youtube on the side. Or vice-versa.

But the time of creating youtube videos could be optimized. I mean Tai Lopez just posts his Snapchat content on youtube lmao

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
What do you do now?

I sell products. Ecommerce, wholesale to retail, Amazon.

So, I guess, from my understanding, youtube and real estate are both difficult

John, the point is, EVERYTHING is difficult. And there are people making money at every one of those difficult things. Easy money never lasts. Up above I underlined this quote: How hard are you willing to work? If the answer is what it should be, then difficulty isn't an issue.

.. but keep taking a shot at doing both? As hungry as I am for success I am also very confused and need to a definitive plan.. which is why I am posting the "what do I do !"?

Again, we can't give you a plan, or tell you what to do. That ball is in your court, my friend.

However, let me see if I can point you in the general direction.

In the book, MJ Lists these criteria for a fastlane business

N - Need
E - Entry (More difficult is BETTER)
C - Control
S - Scale
T - Time

Evaluate all of your ideas against that critera, and then give that idea a thumbs up or a thumbs down based on what your gut tells you.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
LOL! AMP your right.. It is a difficult job, and even more difficult when some of the kids don't care, or are extremely disrespectful.

What do you do now?

So, I guess, from my understanding, youtube and real estate are both difficult.. but keep taking a shot at doing both? As hungry as I am for success I am also very confused and need to a definitive plan.. which is why I am posting the "what do I do !"?

"What do I do" is what every single person struggles with. I struggled with that for 6 months after I quit my job before I figured out what I wanted to do.

My advice, your not going to find that big thing on your first attempt. Take action on whatever thing that you are capable of doing now rather than spinning in your chair trying to figure out the thing that you'll make it big on. Walking through a door will open up other doors and opportunities that might be what you're looking for.

I think YouTube is a terrible idea to make money in coaching though. 90%+ of the lifestyle coaches use YouTube as a platform to get people to buy their coaching programs. If you want to be a lifestyle coach, I hope your living the life your trying to coach ppl on and there is a demand for these kind of coaches. If you said yes to those two, why not make a program(video series/Web book) to sell to people and use YouTube and other forms of social media to get your sales. Could start with a short $10 Web book and build up.

The issue with being a real estate agent is if your not out selling houses, your not getting paid. There are a lot of ways to make money in real estate though for sure. If real estate interests you, you can start out by being an agent and dive into another area that's more fastlane as you learn the business working under someone

Best of luck on your ventures and welcome.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Hello everyone (and Mr. Demarco)

I just started reading the Millionaire Fastlane (which made me find this forum). It seems as if everyone here is extremely smart and all looking for the same thing! I figured what a great place to ask for advice!

Long story short, I'm 28 years old (about to be 29 in 2 weeks). I work as a school teacher in the Bronx NY (it's a tough job). I want to make a lot of money, and be young enough to enjoy it-. I have read countless books, (and as many books about money as possible): Think and Grow Rich, the Law of Success, The Science of Getting Rich, How to Get Rich to name a few.. Anyway, since I know I won't get rich on a teacher's salary I made a plan. I started a Youtube channel called "2M Lifestyle" --> John Buffet

It's a channel about living life to the max; a self help channel about improving yourself from your confidence, to your fitness, to your hair, etc, etc.

I started it a few months ago and it's been difficult getting followers and views. I only have 81 subscribers, and the only time my video's get a good amount of views is if I pay for advertisements..

Anyway, because of this I said I don't want to spend all my time doing a youtube channel that won't be profitable.. So, I decided to start studying to be a real estate agent.. figuring I could work as a teacher and do real estate part time, thinking real estate would hopefully take off and I could potentially get rich from making deals and quit my job...

I'm sorry for the long post, and I know I sound all over the place, but what do you guys think I should do? Should I continue the youtube and hope it takes off despite a very, very slow start? Should I ditch the youtube and focus my attention on studying and become a real estate agent? Or should I forget about both of them and just save up money to invest in a multi family house? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.. Its hard to balance teaching, with making the youtube videos, and studying/preparing to be a real estate agent.. But I know I want to become rich..

Thank you guys in advance..
Hi, I worked in a difficult school where there was no discipline. I've since spoken to many teachers in the uk and they say that classes are out of control. I don't know about the states but here this is a serious 'need' teachers need a program to help them cope. To give them either materials or procedures to deal with it. Schools would buy this I'm pretty sure. Ive recommended this to teacher friends but...
Just thought this was an angle for you to think about.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Stop chasing money. Chase needs. My only opinion.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Guys, thank you..

I keep seeing that YouTube is difficult to make money.. and from what I'm reading I should have a product ready to sell, which would be a book. But then again I think, how much money can a book really make? And if getting money off of views and promoting affiliate products isn't very lucrative then this may not be the best thing to do. And this doesn't have anything to do with quitting when something is tough. I understand everything is tough, I really do, but I also want to know when to cut my losses and not invest my time and energy into something when there is something better around the corner..

And I also understand that the real estate is difficult part time, but then again there is more of a need for it then people who are seeking life coaches.. and again I don't want to sound like i'm just listening to a few critique's and giving up, but correct me if i'm wrong, it seems like both of my options aren't great, so if you guys were me would you look into something else altogether, ? and if so, like what? please be specific

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
If I were you I would do this:

Make a subscription based service selling a product relating to your niche.

For example, dating. Create a website with INSIDERS tricks to pick up girls. Get people to pay for the tricks/secrets.

This is just an idea. Solve a need within the dating realm.

Last edited:

Jonathan Polley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 26, 2016
Valencia, Spain
Hi, I worked in a difficult school where there was no discipline. I've since spoken to many teachers in the uk and they say that classes are out of control. I don't know about the states but here this is a serious 'need' teachers need a program to help them cope. To give them either materials or procedures to deal with it. Schools would buy this I'm pretty sure. Ive recommended this to teacher friends but...
Just thought this was an angle for you to think about.

There certainly is a lot of money in selling CPD. I am not sure how it would work outside of the UK, but in the UK, thanks to pretty much every school now having full control over its own budget and buying in of services no longer being done through local authorities I would suggest that it is easier to have such services paid for.

There are a lot of good providers out there already and the one thing that ensures they keep making money is their reputation. These providers also publish books which again is a good revenue stream.

Starting off with online CPD then developing into books and finally in person could be a great way to go for someone with the right skills. (I have been teaching for over a decade and my classes are generally rated as outstanding and I wouldn't want to touch this with a barge pole.. but for the right person, it could be a goldmine)

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
There certainly is a lot of money in selling CPD. I am not sure how it would work outside of the UK, but in the UK, thanks to pretty much every school now having full control over its own budget and buying in of services no longer being done through local authorities I would suggest that it is easier to have such services paid for.

There are a lot of good providers out there already and the one thing that ensures they keep making money is their reputation. These providers also publish books which again is a good revenue stream.

Starting off with online CPD then developing into books and finally in person could be a great way to go for someone with the right skills. (I have been teaching for over a decade and my classes are generally rated as outstanding and I wouldn't want to touch this with a barge pole.. but for the right person, it could be a goldmine)

What is CPD? And the problem with selling materials to schools is just dependent on the schools.. so if the schools don't buy, i'm screw.. I feel thats too narrow..

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
If I were you I would do this:

Make a subscription based service selling a product relating to your niche.

For example, dating. Create a website with INSIDERS tricks to pick up girls. Get people to pay for the tricks/secrets.

This is just an idea. Solve a need within the dating realm.

This is interesting, so don't just do a youtube to do it.. make a service like a website where people say say 30/month and I provide dating tips?

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
If you are going to do YT, focus on one thing. Gym, dressing etc. Just one thing. I see that you are all around the place with the videos.

Also, the thumbnails are ugly, colors don't really fit into the picture and I didn't have any need to click it, furthermore it had the opposite effect. Find some big youtuber that you want to "be like" and see how they are doing their thumbnails. They should be something people want to click on. I like the "cover" that is on your profile. It looks nice. Make the thumbnails similar to that.

If you are experienced enough start offering coaching and meal plans. But focus on helping people. Not charging them 200$ for a meal plan. Bring value first. People will come.

I don't know if you saw Christian Guzman, but dude is killing it on youtube. See what was doing in the beginning.

My 2cents, good luck.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
This is interesting, so don't just do a youtube to do it.. make a service like a website where people say say 30/month and I provide dating tips?

Do youtube, provide value on dating on youtube and then "if you want more", go to my website.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Yes. Make a website where you provide secrets and tips for people to pick up girls. They pay you a fee to join your INSIDERS site.

Also, use YouTube to advertise yourself for traffic. For example, make an ad on how to pick up girls. People see it, get interested and click your link to your site. They take out their card and pay you.

At first it'll be slow but you have to build a reputation.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Guys, thank you..

I keep seeing that YouTube is difficult to make money.. and from what I'm reading I should have a product ready to sell, which would be a book. But then again I think, how much money can a book really make? And if getting money off of views and promoting affiliate products isn't very lucrative then this may not be the best thing to do. And this doesn't have anything to do with quitting when something is tough. I understand everything is tough, I really do, but I also want to know when to cut my losses and not invest my time and energy into something when there is something better around the corner..

And I also understand that the real estate is difficult part time, but then again there is more of a need for it then people who are seeking life coaches.. and again I don't want to sound like i'm just listening to a few critique's and giving up, but correct me if i'm wrong, it seems like both of my options aren't great, so if you guys were me would you look into something else altogether, ? and if so, like what? please be specific

There are tons of lifestyle coaches that have made millions off a single book. It all depends on how well you can sell the book. You are right though, most lifestyle coaches have to keep making new products to maintain their current level of sells.

We don't know your situation financially to give you a good answer. If you need your teaching job to pay your bills, it's really going to limit you in what you can accomplish, so you can't quit that job until your side biz is able to support you.

If you can only work on your side hustle after 5 pm mon-friday and on the weekends when you don't have papers to grade, that pretty much limits you to only being able to start a side business online selling something.

So if I was you, that's exactly what I would be doing. But that 'something' is what YOU have to figure out. Shit there's one successful eCommerce guy on the forum that was offering to teach you how to do this last year, I don't know if or when he is going to offer that again, but that's definitely the route I'd go so I don't have to spend years making mistakes and figuring everything out. You pay him and he will literally hold your hand and walk you through the journey. You just gotta want it bad enough to throw down the money and start the learning process.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
If you are going to do YT, focus on one thing. Gym, dressing etc. Just one thing. I see that you are all around the place with the videos.

Also, the thumbnails are ugly, colors don't really fit into the picture and I didn't have any need to click it, furthermore it had the opposite effect. Find some big youtuber that you want to "be like" and see how they are doing their thumbnails. They should be something people want to click on. I like the "cover" that is on your profile. It looks nice. Make the thumbnails similar to that.

If you are experienced enough start offering coaching and meal plans. But focus on helping people. Not charging them 200$ for a meal plan. Bring value first. People will come.

I don't know if you saw Christian Guzman, but dude is killing it on youtube. See what was doing in the beginning.

My 2cents, good luck.
Good advice, thanks..

Yes I have seen Christian Guzman, and guys like Chris Jones who are making a ton off of youtube. I started off as just a gym/fitness channel, but I stopped because there was too much competition.. And thats why I branched off and made it more of a general self help channel.. similiar to what Alpha M is doing..

If I just stayed with the fitness/gym I feel the need is already taken by so many other people , like EVERYONE has a fitness channel.. but not everyone has the whole self help, cologone, hair, dating advice, etc..

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
There are tons of lifestyle coaches that have made millions off a single book. It all depends on how well you can sell the book. You are right though, most lifestyle coaches have to keep making new products to maintain their current level of sells.

We don't know your situation financially to give you a good answer. If you need your teaching job to pay your bills, it's really going to limit you in what you can accomplish, so you can't quit that job until your side biz is able to support you.

If you can only work on your side hustle after 5 pm mon-friday and on the weekends when you don't have papers to grade, that pretty much limits you to only being able to start a side business online selling something.

So if I was you, that's exactly what I would be doing. But that 'something' is what YOU have to figure out. Shit there's one successful eCommerce guy on the forum that was offering to teach you how to do this last year, I don't know if or when he is going to offer that again, but that's definitely the route I'd go so I don't have to spend years making mistakes and figuring everything out. You pay him and he will literally hold your hand and walk you through the journey. You just gotta want it bad enough to throw down the money and start the learning process.

So write the book, put it out, keep doing what I can to promote the channel and the book, and really try to sell the hell out of it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.