• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

tax question for diane k.

Discussion in 'Asset Protection/Taxes/Legal' started by dino23, Nov 28, 2007.

1. dino23

dino23 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $44
    diane,

lets say i gained a large lump some of money (lets say 20 million) from a vehicle (stocks, sale of a business, however...). i paid the taxes on that money. then i choose to put a large portion of it in to a trust for a friend. how would the friend (trustee) be taxed on the money placed into his trust? im sure it's not the same taxiation as if i gave it to him out right, or is it? would he get the tax breaks on the money that a trust is eligible for? thanks for your time!

:thankyousign:

2. Diane Kennedy

Diane Kennedy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $134
    Generally, I avoid "what if" questions like the plague because you can drive yourself crazy figuring out what if scenarios. But, I have an easy answer to this one, so I'll give it "It depends."

Here are some of the issues: - Friend is the trustee, you are the trustor, but who is the beneficiary? What type of trust: complex, simple, revocable, irrevocable?

A better way to approach this is figure out what you want to achieve...and without getting to personal, is this just a hypothetical exercise or does someone you know have a bunch of money and facing a real situation? If it's the later, then they need to talk to an estate attorney/CPA to get detailed information for their goals.

3. dino23

dino23 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $44
    thanks for your response diane! will do!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.