The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Targeting Facebook Groups

Marketing, social media, advertising

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Is there a way to target facebook groups with ads on Facebook?
Yes there is. I've run successful campaigns before doing it. What you need to do is that it has to be a group that you can join with your business page. After you join, you will share a video that is of high-interest to that group that is a value add for them, without ANY sales pitch at all. Not even an inkling.

You will post the video as a DARK POST, so that it doesn't actually appear on your page. Then you share it from FB's backend. When people watch even 3s of it, you can retarget them with ads. That's how the pros do it and rake in the big cash from the unsuspecting public ;)

The second question is what are some things I should be looking for when hiring a marketing firm to run online ads. Id be running ads for my tiny home business and curious of the things I should look out for.
The answer is no. Do NOT hire an agency. The "agency" you can afford at your level will not do anything for you except waste your money. When you have $12K that you can spend on a product launch, THEN go and hire an agency that specializes in direct response marketing.

In the meantime, you're better off learning how to do it yourself. You can learn for free how to set up FB campaigns and start testing. But I suggest before you do that, you learn the entire process of driving traffic and selling online. You can learn from books like Russell Brunson's Dotcom Secrets, or if you prefer a more comprehensive material, you can have a look at my own course linked to in my signature.

Consider this though:
Depends what your goals are though... if your goal is to scale a business to 100M, good luck taking that approach. If on the other hand you want a lifestyle, niche business, then that would be good. It all goes back to figuring out what is it that you want. Because this determines what you should do.

If the OP is unsure about what he wants, then he should revisit his goals, and think about how he'd like his life to be. Does he want to be super rich ($10M+) and rake in the big money at all costs? If so, then there is no escaping either outbound HARD-HITTING sales outreach or direct response paid advertising + YEARS of hard hard work, even during weekends.

Does he want to have a lifestyle business that makes him sufficient income for his needs almost on auto-pilot, giving him ample time for family, hobbies, and other activities? Then he's better off building something that is more durable initially, like you suggest.

Regardless, OP needs to decide exactly what he wants first.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
This is a 2 part question.

Is there a way to target facebook groups with ads on Facebook? Did a google search and saw there was companies that do this, but was curious if anyone had a personal recommendation.

The second question is what are some things I should be looking for when hiring a marketing firm to run online ads. Id be running ads for my tiny home business and curious of the things I should look out for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is a 2 part question.

Is there a way to target facebook groups with ads on Facebook? Did a google search and saw there was companies that do this, but was curious if anyone had a personal recommendation.

I don’t think you can run ads in groups.

Consider this though:
View: https://youtu.be/YtSFaMdKz0Q

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!