The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Target beginners or more advanced learners?

Sepp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 27, 2020
Germany
Perhaps rather than worrying about the level of the students, you could try to find something that people have frustration with that not many courses are offered for. As an example, I'm currently having a headache with app authentication and securing a PHP API. Perhaps there is some specific mission critical thing like that you can target in a JavaScript course?
Hi and thanks for the feedback.

It's funny that you mention securing APIs. I thought about exactly this problem. There are no good resources where this is well described, at least I couldn't find them.
This has potential but on the other side, I think its too niche for a full-blown course. Maybe better suited for a youtube series.

I also like your approach to making a course specific to a problem and not like an "Intro to language-X" or similar.

Best regards

Sepp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 27, 2020
Germany
Hi everyone,

while learning something new, I always noticed that there is much more information for beginners compared to already advanced learners.

I took a look at the javascript courses on udemy. The distribution by the time of writing this post is:

Number of courses:

Beginner: 408
Advanced: 146
Expert: 15

In Addition: In the beginner-courses are many more students enrolled.

It makes sense because there are more beginners and most of them won't become experts.
Also: Experts can often figure stuff out by themselves and don't need courses.

Does it make sense to create a course for experts?

The number of possible students is much lower and I think it is much more work.
On the flip side: You don't have so much competition:

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted8v369

Perhaps rather than worrying about the level of the students, you could try to find something that people have frustration with that not many courses are offered for. As an example, I'm currently having a headache with app authentication and securing a PHP API. Perhaps there is some specific mission critical thing like that you can target in a JavaScript course?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.