The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking Responsibility - Restarted MMA/BJJ/Muay Thai

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I used to practice BJJ and Muay Thai years ago and restarted about a month ago.

I wonder how many people on the forum are into BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA in general?

I am taking a much more careful approach since I am no spring chicken at 30...sometimes I feel like it is a waste of time and taking away from my entrepreneurial activities, but I generally feel much better and think more clearly.

There is also a spiritual and philosophical side to the martial arts journey...I want to be a better man overall.

tumblr_mzwm7z4lX21t50k27o1_1280.jpg

MG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
I used to do both Kickbox and Kendo (Japanese fencing). I miss it a lot actually, I really loved the combination of going all the way + traditional customs in Kendo. I wouldn't consider MA's a waste of time.. They are a great hobby to shape yourself as a person... not only physical, but mainly discipline-wise as well.

It's sad that my clubs got rotten and/or closed down... I've found my hail now in something else (dog training), it gives me the same state-of-mind. The need for exercise I compensate with running... But I will pick up my 'sword' again in the future! :)

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Hah, dog training is what I want to do after I make some passive income. I want a nice lake by the house with lots of happy dogs! :)

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
I used to practice BJJ and Muay Thai years ago and restarted about a month ago.

I wonder how many people on the forum are into BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA in general?

MG

I actually train Muay Thai under Saekson Janjira. :fistbump:

Haha and man you're 30 and I'll be 30 this year too! Men are in their physical prime from ages 26-35ish the body will adapt to the punishments you put yourself through. Just create a daily stretching routine, you'll be more limber, healthy and in shape in your 50's-60's than someone who passed it up.

Good Luck man! Let me know what you decide to do.

Last edited:

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
I actually train Muay Thai under Saekson Janjira. :fistbump:

Haha and man you're 30 that is the human males body's prime. Your body will adapt to the punishments you put yourself through. Just create a daily stretching routine, you'll be more limber, healthy and in shape in your 50's-60's than someone who passed it up.

Good Luck man! Let me know what you decide to do.
I'm an amateur MMA fighter and boxer. I started fighting when I was 14 and haven't quit since. I've tried opening up my own gym, too!

What gym do you train at down in Austin?

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
What gym do you train at down in Austin?
I trained at a couple, but mostly Pinnacle Training Center formerly known as XFC Training Center back in '08.

Also, a bunch of boxing and BJJ gyms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.