The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

taking financial risks to grow your business...any wisdom here?

businprogress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 21, 2016
Hi y'all, I recently posted a thread about needing some resources on how to MARKET and PRE-SELL an online course (I already built a course and know the ins and outs of making that work...but it flopped on sales).

Then, Fox recommended a course which is $1000 bucks. If I spent that money right now, I'd be in a lot of pain financially and it might set me back from a whole lot of things in my life. So that's where I'm stuck: when does it make sense to risk your financial safety net to grow your business? How do you take calculated risks?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi y'all, I recently posted a thread about needing some resources on how to MARKET and PRE-SELL an online course (I already built a course and know the ins and outs of making that work...but it flopped on sales).

Then, Fox recommended a course which is $1000 bucks. If I spent that money right now, I'd be in a lot of pain financially and it might set me back from a whole lot of things in my life. So that's where I'm stuck: when does it make sense to risk your financial safety net to grow your business? How do you take calculated risks?
Could you explain more?

You have made a course you want to sell. And you need to pay 1000 dollar for a course made by someone else to learn how to sell the course made by you?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If I spent that money right now, I'd be in a lot of pain financially and it might set me back from a whole lot of things in my life.

If $1000 is the difference between paying the rent and not paying the rent, then that $1000 belongs to the rent. Make an extra $1000. Sell something, I don't know.

However, you will have to take risks in business and in life, so don't be afraid of them. The key is to properly assess the risk, and to have the courage to take a risk that you assessed was wise. Most people screw up on both counts.

businprogress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 21, 2016
Could you explain more?

You have made a course you want to sell. And you need to pay 1000 dollar for a course made by someone else to learn how to sell the course made by you?

Yes...I have a course up and running, no one bought it. I already have a successful successful coaching business, so I know I have something the "market mind" wants/needs, but not sure how to get the market minds attention, how to show that it needs this course, and prove that the market mind will buy such course. So that's where I'm looking for resources

SeanODG

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 6, 2019
Chicago
There's an urban dictionary definition for entrepreneur that I love:

Entrepreneur: Those willling to risk their own money for freedom, rather than exchanging their freedom

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Yes...I have a course up and running, no one bought it. I already have a successful successful coaching business, so I know I have something the "market mind" wants/needs, but not sure how to get the market minds attention, how to show that it needs this course, and prove that the market mind will buy such course. So that's where I'm looking for resources
If spending one thousand hurts now I guess it is not the time to throw money in to just buy “inspirational ideas” on how to sell an unsold course.

Have you tried giving part of your content free to your existing coaching users to test the response?

There could be many ways for you to test for feedbacks without throwing money in.

Most business tests will fail. It is important to keep the trying cost small to last until major improvement/victory.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Franco sent me a great article at the summit after talking to him, not sure of forum name. https://wildaudience.com/audience-first-startup-second/
Can you create an audience based from social media? Think YouTube videos and Instagram post/igtv that give some minor stuff for free to build a following and lead them to your website for the course. An example: Joe Duncan (@iamjoeduncan) • Instagram photos and videos

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.