The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY... LIVE WITH EXCELLENCE

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I wanted to share something with the folks of this forum this morning. The day after father's day... Something my father taught me and stuck with me through my life. He wasn't a "fastlaner", but he was one of the smartest people I have ever met. He could make sense of any situation. He was a leader, not in the sense of leading companies, but leading everyone around him. He rarely spoke unless it was from a place of wisdom. He was always the guy that would say if you can count your true friends on more than one hand you are lying to yourself.

I never thought he had many friends, but the day of his funeral hundreds of people I have never met in my life showed up. One after another, the stories poured in, every person there had something to say about his off the charts wisdom and how he somehow changed their lives. He passed away almost 9 years ago, and his influence has stuck with me every single day. It wasn't expressly said, it was expected, and the way he lived his life spilled out into my career in business. He led by example, it was as if he was born to be a father. He took responsibility and lived his life with a rare level of excellence. When he passed, it was as if the patriarchy of my family was passed to me. He didn't ask for it, he didn't need to, like I said... It was expected... and that was just the start.

Studies show that there is a positive correlation between the responsibility one takes and their overall levels of happiness. Often times in these hustling circles it is encouraged to do the exact opposite. To avoid responsibility at all cost. That is bullshit. Responsibility is the foundation for everything an entrepreneur wants and you can almost always get something in return for the responsibility you take.

43. Forty three... That is the number of people I am directly or indirectly financially responsible for. Directly, they are believers in me, in what I am doing. Either by some sort of contingency, investment, partnership or some kind of employment. They may have other things going on, they may not. What they have in common is that they are part of one of my enterprises in one way or another and I, as the leader of every one of these ventures, am responsible for a large part of their financial future. And Indirectly, my charitable contributions and the families of those whom I am directly responsible to.

How did I get here? How do these people believe in me? It isn't my track record. I'm young. I have a lot of road ahead of me in business. It isn't my house. It isn't my car. Some of them have far more wealth than I do. They still wanted to be part of what I am doing. Why then? How did this happen? I owe a large part of this magnetism to living with excellence, and being willing to take the responsibility.

Clearly, with the financial responsibility to others that I carry around every single day, I owe them my absolute best. I gave my best when that number was 1... Myself. I gave my best at 2,5,10 and so on.

We talk about internal vs external locus of control and how important being internal is. We talk about habits we form from eating and exercise, to what I have been harping on lately, dressing the part and having good grammar, etiquette in business situations. It goes on and on. This coming from the son of a man that ironed his jeans and needed his lawn to be the best on his street.

The small things matter...

The car you drive DOESN'T MATTER... but is it clean, and well maintained?
The home you live in DOESN'T MATTER... but is it kept up with perfection?
The brand of clothes you wear DOESN'T MATTER... but do you look professional? Do you look like a leader?
Does your office look like shit or is it well organized?
Do you learn something new every day?
Are you a fat bastard? (Something I had been guilty of for years)
Are you willing to go the extra mile in everything you do? Not just business...

When you think you have done enough... You can always do more. Set the precedent in your life. Be a leader. Strive for perfection during progress, not before, not after, NOW. You'll notice that the HOW becomes easier to figure out when you start taking massive responsibility. Winning breeds more winning.

Happy Monday!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
@Kak

The car you drive DOESN'T MATTER... but is it clean, and well maintained?
The home you live in DOESN'T MATTER... but is it kept up with perfection?
The brand of clothes you wear DOESN'T MATTER... but do you look professional? Do you look like a leader?
Does your office look like shit or is it well organized?
Do you learn something new every day?
Are you a fat bastard? (Something I had been guilty of for years)
Are you willing to go the extra mile in everything you do? Not just business...

I want to be like this. I am at my initial phase but this is the idol self i want to be. I feel i have the what it takes to be like this but somewhere i am lacking.

I want to grind myself and be like this.

Can you guide?

PS. Video is not available. Reps++ to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.