The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

T Shirt Fulfillment Plugin + Shopify?

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Anyone have a T-Shirt/Designed apparel print/fulfillment plugin they can recommend for Shopify?

I'm hoping that it could "ingest" my design input, produce a picture, I can use that picture on my store, and then it will print/fulfill orders as they come in. (IE. I won't need to order 1000 shirts until I see demand is there, which I would do of course if it is to significantly lower cost).

I've heard of TeeSpring but don't think that's what I'm looking for because the orders don't fulfill through your storefront and you don't control the brand.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm using Gooten. I love their interface for putting products up. They have good support. They offer 3 free samples once you have 5 designs in your store. I was going to try another one that sells shirts $0.80 cheaper but I needed to do a sample for a friend who might buy 10 shirts and late Wednesday night it wouldn't accept my images. Finished two styles and another design I'm giving a friend who wants a Bella tank to for her fitness biz with her logo on gooten and it worked fine. Contacted Gooten to ship out 3 sample (3 different styles of shirt so I can feel them but they'll be given away). They've been produced and will ship in about 4 days and Gooten will provide me a tracking number.

Actually the two shirts for my buddy's art studio he agreed on $12 cdn each. But I went with a higher quality shirt because I want quality. That means I would have lost money on shipping but since they are part of my free samples, so hopefully I just made $24 in sales!

And I'll need $24 so I can buy a shirt with my logo on it so I actually have something to show!

Also designed a shirt for my wife so that works out as a benefit in other ways ☺.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
The personal trainer asked if I could resize her logo for her twitter profile because my buddy who designed the logo sized it for print and she can't resize it. So I put a "product" up using the shopify interface which is just a picture saying I'll provide"social media design service" and put it up for $10. ☺

Sent her the logo and offered a free update. She still hasn't paid.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Anyone have a T-Shirt/Designed apparel print/fulfillment plugin they can recommend for Shopify?

I'm hoping that it could "ingest" my design input, produce a picture, I can use that picture on my store, and then it will print/fulfill orders as they come in. (IE. I won't need to order 1000 shirts until I see demand is there, which I would do of course if it is to significantly lower cost).

I've heard of TeeSpring but don't think that's what I'm looking for because the orders don't fulfill through your storefront and you don't control the brand.

Thanks!

I've heard printful is good with shopify

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I've heard printful is good with shopify

Just checked this website out. They look real good in my opinion. Finally, a company that can actually let you choose the quality of your product :notworthy:

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
It seems to be that every print-on-demand vendor has a full range of products including doggy shirts, mugs, totebags, mousepads, etc. I'm hoping to leverage that for local customers. Got my first $10 for resizing a Twitter logo. She's interested in shirts for at least 3 roller derby teams. I went to see my pharmacist today and mentioned a design about retiring and he said he wanted one, I had two sample shirts with me of the Gildan style and his wife liked them both so she said she'd tell all her friends (I've been going there for over a 2 decades). They are very strong in the Polish community, so there'll be a "Polskie" shirt hitting the store soon. Then I went to my chiro and told him. He wants a "Stay Calm..." style shirt and wants to order 37 of them. 2 different designs and 2 different shirt styles. I'm just about to go price it for him.

Getting a bit of pushback from my wife. I told her setting up the store cost me $60 for my birthday. That's essentially the domain, hosting, and one month of Shopify basic but I told her it's too. Before today she didn't know there was a monthly cost. She's dealing with depression and stress though so I'll give her some slack. Meeting a buddy on Monday regarding at least 10 shirts.

But if this chiro deal goes through, the profit I'll make will keep my Shopify store running for almost 8 months and we're moving into a period of both of us making a lot of extra money, so I hope in a few months (and if business continues to improve!) she won't worry so much. But money from the store will have to back to the store, at least for the time being. If I use it to pay bills, then there will never be enough cash to use for supplies etc. The order I had for 3 sample shirts got delayed because I had the shirts on a SKU that didn't include underbase, but since the shirts have white in the logo (on black shirts) it has to have underbase so they had to contact me about that then I had to approve them setting them up with underbase. So really, pretty good customer service there. I just wish I hadn't got sucked in for $29 US for a lame "professionally" designed logo. I'm doing quite well in coming up with my own logo.

I definitely need to read the Fastlane book. I got half way through the second free chapter when I joined this forum :) I know this isn't the Fastlane way yet, but if I have to stop doing designs and pushing my instagram, twitter and facebook next week (home all week with my 5 year) or the week after when work gets busy, then I'll at least have a store that is up and can take sales, and my friends know about.

I'm loving every minute of hitting the pavement, talking to people and explaining what I do. Even the whole "I've got samples in my trunk, let me go get them." deal. I've never been able to do this much design work and I love it. I'm learning so much! Definitely NOT what I do in my everyday job, but my everyday job pays well and is comfortable. But I REALLY love talking to people.

Time to go price out 37 shirts!

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
Time to go price out 37 shirts!

Yeah I totally misquoted those shirt prices :)

I have received shirts from Printful, I bought their DTG color samples. They came wrapped together in (celophane?) and placed inside a poly bag for shipping and it got here in about 10 days, so from them to Waterloo was way faster than Gooten in California, and I think Printful is in California. Shirts are still a bit pricy though. But two medium shirts (100% cotton AA) weighed about 11 oz. so that should help you if you decide to buy bulk and ship your own. All invoices had my company name and their address on it which is nice when shipping to clients.

When I bought shirts from Redbubble (designers get a discount of course) they came nicely packaged in a custom poly shipping bag with their name and funky design on the outside. It also came with stickers and a tag about washing care. All three (Gooten, Printful, and Redbubble) all use USPS to ship their product in poly bags, but I actually did enjoy getting the Redbubble shirts because of the packaging.

• Gooten: stuffed shirts into a polybag right after production. Smelled for about an hour or until you wash them.
  • Printful: nicely folded shirts wrapped in plastic with a size sticker and placed inside a polybag for better shipping. DTG shirts just smell, they are fresh off the printer!
  • Redbubble: folded shirts placed in a poly bag with their cool design on it. And washing instructions and a tag that says "Your shirts stink! It's not just you!" or something to that effect, explaining *WHY* the shirts smell. And stickers!
  • Bonus info: If you put your shirts up for sale on Design By Humans, you make $3 per shirt, no matter what. You don't set the price.
That's a tip for doing your own packaging: give them *else* something they want, not just what they ordered.

I remember reading a Shopify review giving a bad review saying that the shirts smelled because "who wants to wash a new shirt before wearing it?" and I'm like:
Who doesn't wash new shirts before wearing them?

Anyway, its probably a thing I picked up from my wife.

FiftySeven

Sex. Power. World Domination.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
479%
Jan 18, 2015
LandoftheBlind where one-laser-eyed man is King

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Custom cat is another option, they have an app for shopify and cheap prices, seems to be a lot of complaints about quality tho

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I personally would get myself off Shopify and onto a WooCommerce site (self hosted, using wordpress).

Why are so many people paying over the odds to join them? You're also losing even more control.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Several threads today you have tagged someone. And it's not the first time you've done this. You have tagged someone else on multiple occasions that hasn't even logged in since September. Care to provide an explanation? This is cluttering up threads.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Several threads today you have tagged someone. And it's not the first time you've done this. You have tagged someone else on multiple occasions that hasn't even logged in since September. Care to provide an explanation? This is cluttering up threads.

please pm me

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
please pm me

I was about to ask the same actually. I'm all for you tagging your buddy in things that may be helpful, but I feel like he should also contribute.

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Teespring just released a new update yesterday I believe. They make it more to where you can create a brand and have your own storefront. I haven't tried it but they sent me an email about it. They made a YouTube video talking all about the new update.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Teespring just released a new update yesterday I believe. They make it more to where you can create a brand and have your own storefront. I haven't tried it but they sent me an email about it. They made a YouTube video talking all about the new update.

Great! Somewhere else to lose control.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Good point. Might just be an easy starting point for someone to get the hang of things.

I would have agreed about a month ago. Will need to write a post about this to not sound like an a**hole though :).

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
I think custom cat is really nice app for POD products, so i will suggest you guys to use this app i will soon add a review of this app that might be help to you guys as well.
Here is that review: Custom Cat Review - Sell Your Own Cool Designs
I'll be looking in to Custom Cat since their location in Detroit makes it better for my local customers, were that important... but for now I'm still using Printful on Etsy and TicTail, and if I put a shop on Wordpress I'd probably still use them until I find something better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.