The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Switching Lanes Because I Want To

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Hey everyone...

I'm not going to bore you with what I do in grotesque detail, I'll just stick to the summary.

I've got a good job, it pays well and I actually enjoy what I do about 80% of the time while at work.

At the same time, my wife and I have been running our various online businesses now for nearly ten years - this has been great, it has allowed her to be a stay at home mom, do a great job being the primary caregiver to our son and we've done well raising a good kid. When people talk about "your mission" in life - our mission, as we always agreed from the day we got married 20 years ago was to raise good kids (we only ended up having the one).

Our son is now almost 14 and he's getting to that age where he's becoming more and more independent - my wife and I are starting to talk about what's next for us.

The online businesses do pretty well for us and when combined with the job, we actually end up keeping a lot of the money we make.

The next phase for us is what this group would I suppose refer to as a lane change. We want our financial well-being to go from "very comfortable" and "relaxed" to more like, live just about anywhere you want, whenever you want and do pretty much whatever we want.

We envision spending summers here in Australia and the northern summer in Canada.

To do that, we need to shift the way we run our online businesses to be slightly more aggressive with growth, a bit more optimised by way of process and leverage our money more to make those things happen.

The challenge is going to be breaking away from that comfortable lifestyle we have, putting the bit between our teeth and really going after it.

So that's why I'm here, to push myself out of that comfort zone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Welcome to the forum Sean. I'm happy to see you here. I'm your fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...