The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Survived a car crash yesterday...

A post of a ranting nature...

Ak_CrazyOnion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Mar 4, 2012
I survived a serious car crash yesterday.
I feel pissed off because I realize I was slacking off and I feel like I am not living up to my potential, had I died yesterday, I realize I would have left nothing of consequence on this earth, no legacy, no good turns, no meaningful value created, no labor of love.
I feel pretty lost at the moment. I know I yearn to create and to love, but I do not know how or what to do...
And when I ask myself, am I being the best version of myself, the answer is a solid NO. I have a lot of work to do...
I needed to put this out, here seemed better than anywhere else...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Good to see you made it out in one piece.

Had one a year ago, I was the driver. Was a little bit too fast, like 80km/h instead of the allowed 70km/h, so not really noticable, but lost control in a very slippery curve (rain after a long period of dry weather..), hit a pole, did a 180 turn and flipped the car upside-down into a ditch filled with water. 3 other people in the car including my dad. Car was totalled, but thankfully nobody got hurt, not even a scratch. Except for a dramatically raised adrenaline level of course..

Definitely lit a fire under my a$$ (in addition to driving a bit more carefully.. ;))

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm glad you're alright, man. That's some scary shit.
The thing about near death experiences is that it reminds you that someday you will actually die. Hopefully it's of natural causes with no regrets.
Just be free man. You're free today, so live freely. Don't let fear or anxiety hold you back from anything.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
Sometimes we need wake up calls like these. Even if it seems terrible right now, it might actually be beneficial in the long run.

Good thing it wasn't more serious! Stay safe and be careful.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Hell yeah dude, this aint practice.

Make it count son!

You are here to be the ultimate you - find what that is and make it happen in every moment that you get

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
Glad you're alright brotha! And as Tafy said YOU'RE ALIVE (hell yea!!!).

Don't worry about not being where you want to be at the moment.. Just start taking steps to get there.

A lot of times on this forum you'll see guys say something like "JUST DO IT" and "TAKE ACTION" which can cause a bit of anxiety for those of us that don't necessarily know exactly how to do that. We feel like if we're not taking action and working on our business every second of every day - then we're "losing" or something. I've gotten down on myself a few times for being an "idiot" or "lazy" or whatever it was that I thought I may be doing (or not doing) that's keeping me from my dreams of being financially free, pulling my family out of debt, and helping out in the world in anyway that I can (without worry).

F*ck all that - stop beating yourself up.

Before I proceed, don't get me wrong - definitely take major action when the moment arises (closing a deal/ learning how to code/ writing and ebook/ importing/ male stripping) and don't be a pussy and hesitate.

But if you're in that in-between phase and unsure of where to go - then let your taking action merely be meditating on where you're at and what you're capable of - then figuring out what it is to take action on. Read, read, read and READ. Live on this forum for a few weeks and see what everyone else is doing.. decide on what you want to do. THEN learn even more about the said activity/subject.

After you've read up on the subject and think you know what you need to do BUT don't do it because you're afraid that you'll mess up and just need to read a LITTTLLEE more on the subject - then it's time to get anxious. I say that's the time to worry because at that point you're past the time of figuring out what to take action on and moved on to just being a bitch who's too afraid to take the action.

Do you really see yourself as someone who will code his own website, but have never coded? Then start coding - buy a book on it, sit down, and start coding. Do you have an idea for a plastic product that you want made? Find a designer, find a manufacturer, figure out what having the product made would entail. Want to write a best selling book like MJ? Then sit your a$$ down in front of an open word document and start.F*cking.writing.

You're going to achieve everything you've ever wanted to achieve, Ak. I know that because you're here. You're worried, you're hungry and you care - that's already miles ahead of most people that I know.

Also.. Don't think that life is about that lambo, or that house, or that watch - those are cool little prizes but even if you never get them it doesn't F*cking matter in the end. Be the best person that you can be everyday, work as hard as you can (even if that means simply figuring out what you want), and mold yourself into that "best version" of yourself, you mentioned.

You've been given a second chance at life. Your journey starts now.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Glad you're alright!

I want to give you one tip that has helped me and maybe it will be also helpful for you.

It is based on the book psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz which I higly recommend.

First you want to get a vision of the perfect "YOU" which you want to become. Who do you have do become to be in peace with yourself?
Make goals for archiving this new "YOU" and than create a daily action plan towards this goal.

After you have done that you want to daily visualize your goal / your new "YOU" and only focus on the pesent day and make sure you archive your daily action goals and act in a way your perfect "YOU" would act. Don't think of the months or years it will take to archive your goals. Just think of today and realize that if you give TODAY your best and work toward your goals you can already be a "success" and in peace with yourself in this very moment!

This approch has helped me a lot.

Also what I can highly recommend is to use the Don't Break The Chain Method.
Get yourself a good yearly calendar and put it somewhere where you can see it every day. After every day you worked successfully towards your goal make a cross in your calendar.
This calendar reminds me mutiple times every day what my goal is and it motivated me to work every day towards this goal so that I can make my cross every evening before going to bed.
You can see how much progress you make and if you break the chain and miss a couple days you will realize immediately that they way you did act the last couple days won't bring you anywhere near you goals and you can easily readjust accordingly.
It's a great reminder that SUCCESS is A DAILY PROCESS and the risk of wasting weeks or even months doing things that are not inline with your goals decreases dramatically.

This has helped me a lot.

Wish you all the best!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Hell yeah dude, this aint practice.

Make it count son!
That's FUNNY ! And true !
Get yourself a good yearly calendar and put it somewhere where you can see it every day.
I do this. It helps me because it's visual.

I've been in several situations that could have turned out disastrous for me but didn't.
Many of us, over time, forget the impact the incident had on us and we fall back into the same old lifestyle.

I use visuals to remind me that all this life is temporary and short.... Taped to my wall.

Glad you are OK !

Ak_CrazyOnion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Mar 4, 2012
thanks for all the love and wisdom.

I was reading Psycho-Cybernetics a few months ago but stopped in the middle, will start reading again. I use this kind of visualization. I think I'm having problem coming up with a picture of how the best version me would look like.

already use the "dont break the chain method" to install habits and get shit done... you should see how messed up the calendar in front of my desk is...

I think I will tape a visual reminder of what a gift Iv been given

btw, we just released our first android game today. :D

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
Glad you're ok. Someone T-boned me yesterday but it wasn't nearly as bad as you, but life has given me a wake-up call before and now I see things in a better light.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...