The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Surgeries!

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Everyone's had one! What's your story?

A little of two years ago, I ruptured 3 discs in my lower back. Before that, I was a lean 195 pound muscle machine. I ran 5 miles a day from the time I hit high school till the time I left my first year of college. As a freshman, I made it on to varsity crew with no experience and eventually dropped it to start lifting weights again. I was in goooood shape.

Two and a half years later, I still weigh 195! But about 30 pounds of that is now a gut, I'm a huge computer nerd, and I spend the majority of my day sitting instead of standing. Before I got injured, I was a night club promoter (like every kid is at my age hahaha) and couldn't do it anymore when I hurt my back. I couldn't walk 100 feet without losing my vision.

After rounds of steroid shots, physical therapy, and several mri's, enough was enough so I got spinal decompression surgery done by a neurosurgeon. I went the neuro route per advice of many other's in the horrors or orthopedic surgeons. I couldn't be any happier with my results. I still get a huge knot on my left glute over the sciatic nerve, but nothing that can't get rolled out.

The irony of the whole ordeal... combined with a pre-existing spinal disorder since birth (that was revealed in my mri), all of that running and getting into shape is what sealed the deal for my own destruction!

2 months after my surgery, I ended up getting my tonsils out haha.

So what's your guys' stories? I'm a youngster so I always like to joke to older people about back problems by saying "when you get to be my age..."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I never broken a bone in my life.

But I did get MRSA, and anyone can get it just by touching a doorknob. So disturbing.... so disturbing.... it was painful too. I am now paranoid about diseases. Luckily I caught it early, so there's no scars. This is not an STD.

mrsa%u00252Bpicture%2B2.jpg

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
My eyes, my eyes......thanks for the picture lights, I threw up in my mouth a little. Here is my story. When I was 5 yrs old I went to my Uncles house for Mother's day. I was in the back yard running around play when their dog started to chase me. I ran away looking behind me at the dog following. Then I stopped dead in my track and everybody thought it was because I saw the row of bushes in front of me. Well...... I did not see the bushes and when I swung my head around one of the branches tore my eye lid and pocked my eyeball out ( don't work I have no pictures lol) Next I saw my grand father running at me ( I saw nothing out of the other eye that was hanging out) he cupped my eye and the next thing I remember we are in a car rushing to a hospital. I keep asking for a band aid saying I would be fine. I got matched up for another eye just in case they could not save my eye. Since I had just eaten they did not want o put me under since I could choke on my own vomit. It got late and the doctor said if we don't try to operate now I would lose the eye. I am told that during the operation I sat up, vomited on the floor and asked if he was almost done. I was very very lucky and had 20/20 vision until I was about 25 and now where glasses.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
My eyes, my eyes......thanks for the picture lights, I threw up in my mouth a little. Here is my story. When I was 5 yrs old I went to my Uncles house for Mother's day. I was in the back yard running around play when their dog started to chase me. I ran away looking behind me at the dog following. Then I stopped dead in my track and everybody thought it was because I saw the row of bushes in front of me. Well...... I did not see the bushes and when I swung my head around one of the branches tore my eye lid and pocked my eyeball out ( don't work I have no pictures lol) Next I saw my grand father running at me ( I saw nothing out of the other eye that was hanging out) he cupped my eye and the next thing I remember we are in a car rushing to a hospital. I keep asking for a band aid saying I would be fine. I got matched up for another eye just in case they could not save my eye. Since I had just eaten they did not want o put me under since I could choke on my own vomit. It got late and the doctor said if we don't try to operate now I would lose the eye. I am told that during the operation I sat up, vomited on the floor and asked if he was almost done. I was very very lucky and had 20/20 vision until I was about 25 and now where glasses.
Wow! losing one of my senses has got to be one of my biggest fears!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet

Scary... luckily for you that you made it through.

Good thing your grandpa did the right moves too.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Nothing too major.

Hernia and lasix. Both were pretty easy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.