• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Rant Sure, let’s blame capitalism

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Scot, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Contrarian

Contrarian Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,675
    Related:

seemslegit.jpg

Funny, I thought productive people having their savings continually taxed and inflated away from them before they have any chance to accumulate was damaging their health. I also thought that back when real capitalism actually existed, ordinary working people managed to escape the SCRIPT on a regular basis without having to be entrepreneurs.

I must be the crazy one.

ZF Lee and Kingmaker like this.
  2. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $27,114
    Well... this got interesting.

@luniac please buy literally any WWII history book.

And let’s just end this pissing match. Not really the point of this thread.

SquatchMan, ZF Lee, CycleGuy and 3 others like this.
  3. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,164
    yea no problem, agreed.
    Although any hack can write a WWII history book, author bias needs to be accounted for, and sources vetted.

ZF Lee likes this.
  4. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,831
    The problem isn't capitalism or entitlement.

It's the fact that people are taking positions like these in the first place.

Nobody would have the gall to post a posting like that if they didn't think they could get applicants.

As far as capitalism goes, it does not promise an equal distribution of wealth. Nor should it. Capitalism is the most honest form of economy there is. Communism is just one giant lie, told to the people to keep them in line. Lenin and Stalin ate caviar with Molotov while their subjects died.

No, there's a bigger force at play here than capitalism, and MJ hit it right on the head. It's the same lie that the communists told. "Do this and you'll have safe, secure employment!" The worst part about the lie is that it actually applies to a lot of people. Probably even the majority. But the minority is too big to ignore. That majority that DID get safe, secure employment... well it's not really all that safe or secure, it's just employment.

College became a must in the US because back in the 70s, politicians saw the death of American manufacturing and wanted to move to a more skilled and professional based economy. Skilled workers who filled specific niches, rather than workers that can be trained to work an assembly line. Tech, finance, and research. That's what the US saw as the future. It came true, but there's still the vast majority who don't work in those fields. College ain't do shit for them.

Capitalism is great because it tells the truth. It's honest. The free market is based on the FACT that people are buying things at x price and selling other things at y price. It's people that lie. Politicians, parents, teachers. Capitalism does nothing but reflect what's real.

ZF Lee, CycleGuy, Kingmaker and 6 others like this.
  5. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $4,009
    "Bullshit, kid. Your time is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it" - My grandpa, renowned economic philosopher, in between bites of a golf course hot dog

CycleGuy, Kingmaker, Scot and 2 others like this.
  6. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $119,782
    I bet dog walkers can make $75k/yr. i think James Altucher laid out an entire biz plan on his podcast.

Basically walk dogs for $20-$30 a pop. Add poop cleaning services, offer to take to the vet and groomer. Offer to buy food and toys. Build customer list. Add dog sitting. Make $75k/yr

SquatchMan, ZF Lee, The-J and 4 others like this.
  7. CycleGuy

CycleGuy Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,640

I think it falls under the "brick layer" issue many discuss on this forum. You can be a dynamite dog walker but it's difficult(not impossible though) to turn it into a fastlane business. The element of scaling is very tough in that type of business. The barrier to entry is low, which creates tons of competition.

TBH I said the 75k/yr dog walker as a joke in reference to SoCal's high cost of living driving up the prices of basic services.

8. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $119,782
    The thing about dog walking or dog sitting is that it is a very customer loyal business. Once i find a good dog sitter or walker, there’s no reason to change, even if price moves up a little. Once the trust is built it is very easy to upsell little tasks like poo cleaning and monthly dog shopping.

$75k is only $1500 a week. This is how I’d structure it.

10 clients
    5 walks a week, $125
    1 backyard poop clean $25/week
    $1500/wk
    10 hours a day $75k/yr

Adjust based on work load. Add extras.

Offer a 3x a week for $95
    Dogsitting when out of town. 2x visits a day for $50, feed, water, include 1 walk.
    Take to groomer or vet $20-$40