The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sup Im DJ :)

DJDancer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 11, 2018
london, United Kingdom
Hi guys I'm DJ.

(I have no idea how this intro thing works but i figure ill just let yall know abit about my story and what i hope to achieve/contribute to this forum.)

Mine is a story of the pre-planed life, awakening and hope for a better future....

The Origin Story

Up until 21 i was doing the whole school, college, uni thing and studied a wide range from business studies to dental technology. All of which were failed attempts at doing what I thought I should be doing.

The last straw was aircraft engineering. I moved out to a small town in the uk to study. A decision that was the best of my life up to then. I learnt to take care of myself, hit the gym and even learnt to have a social life (pretty crazy for an introvert).

I inevitably failed my 2nd year of uni and realised something was wrong. I knew I was capable and had so much potential but not motivated. I knew that I had to stop trying to please other people (my parents) and to figure out WTF I want to do with my life.

Upon returning home I spent my nights going out (Sober) to work on my social skills and my days working out, reading (anything to do with social sciences, I love understanding how people work) and trying new things.

Thinking back to childhood I was always into art, over the next year I tried everything from DJing to song writing. Feeling the pressure to commit to something and actually start building a skill I met my dance teacher (Now best friend). Ive learnt to dance over the last two years and its starting to pay off but now I feel for me to grow as a man I need to handle my finances.

Current Situation

Im now 25 and still living with my dad (which annoys the shit out of me) and currently working part time. I dont nessecarily worry about money as I don't have expenses but I'm by no means free to go where I want or even move out.

Over the last year Ive dabbled and mentally masturbated over one business idea after another. Sometimes id start, lose money and then quit, other times id get excited and then realise itd be harder than I thought and continue the search for the ULTIMATE EASY WAY IN 6 WEEKS TO PROFIT or whatever the f*ck I thought I was going to find.

Hustle: A new Hope

I found the millionaire fastlane audiobook a few days ago and I've burnt through most of it (Will probably finish the last few hours after this post). I really want to embody the values of that book and this community moving forward and focus on process/Adding value to peoples lives.

I have no Idea what my business will be although my most recent idea has been to help people improve their social/dating life through a blog or podcast about the social sciences. Although I do see quite popular books and posts about how to make friends ect I don't see any competition running ads to target people for products related to making friends/improving social life so that's kind of a red flag no?

Anyway I was wondering what are your favourite ways to find out what peoples problems, pain points and struggles are so you can find out potential markets. Any specific websites? What questions do you ask people you meet? ect

Anyway Ive rambled on enough. Thanks for reading
-DJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, don't forget to check out Unscripted ! I think it's more relevant today!

Thank you for introducing yourself to the community.

DJDancer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 11, 2018
london, United Kingdom
My honest thoughts as I read threads like this...

At 26 I had, shut down my first very successful business selling custom built personal computers which paid for my college education having graduated with a business administration and computer science degree, started working as a 1099 based software engineer developing manufacturing execution systems in the semiconductor industry, was engaged to my now wife, and purchased my first house, and was talking about starting a family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wow, good for you. That was incredibly constructive, thank you...

DJDancer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 11, 2018
london, United Kingdom
Update Post:

A Return To For(u)m

F*ck I'm turning 26... this month.

Its been an interesting year, I've seen for the first time long term effects of hard work:

-My dance mentor get signed to the biggest dance agency in the world

-I got my first dance job

-I won a scholarship to the worlds best ad school with ease (after working on myself for 4+ years mind you).

I think I've finally calmed down and accepted that success is about who your becoming everyday, not an overnight shift. Oh man have I had a million and one days I've decided to become a ''NEW ME''.... sigh...

Of course I already knew intellectually that hard work, patience and persistence is the key. That there is no secret sauce.

But Its so hard to buy into when we have deep desires going unfulfilled, a physiology that cries out for bigger better results and a world full of schemers whispering myths of short term shortcuts in our ears.

BUT time has won out. This single area of my life (Dance and maybe education as well) has proved to definitive evidence and contrast to all other results and areas of my life.

I have seen with my own eyes and tasted it with my own tongue...

Success is a PROCESS not an EVENT...

A confession....
Ok fast lane form, I have sinned. Im currently aiming for a scripted existence *GHASP, SHOCK, HORROR!!!!*

Alright, Alright, have you taken a moment to recover...

In my defence, I compleeeeetly forgot about Unscripted and this wonderfull forum. Sorry guys...

But this post is somewhat my attempt at reconnecting and staying involved in a fastlane mindset/existance. And at the very least is an excuse to practice my writing.

Anyway Im studying Advertising and I'm uneasy at the thought of commuting, set hours and a fixed location that come with the ol job thingy. Hence my re-reading of unscripted .

But the up side is that Im not just building skills I enjoy, Im also creating skills that have real value for others:

-Ideas
-Clear communication and branding
-Strategy, Art direction and copy writing
ect

I mean some of the ideas we come up with are better than real ads...

Money = Value Vouchers
Value = Solving other peoples problems
Beyond my short term student money woes I have long term fast lane desires....

Either way its all about adding value to others right.

So what follows are a few ways I can add value to the world:

-Spend 5-10 years becoming a senior figure in advertising then start my own agency. Establish my agency after a few years and sell for millions (This seems quite a common progression- but I'm also fortunate to be surrounded by the best. So maybe that's just normal in this little bubble haha)

-Continue to develop my film making skills so that i can direct ads.

-Get into copy writing (I love writing and visual).

-Use my ad experience to partner with entrepreneurs and handle the branding and marketing side.

Ways I can create value now:
-Dance stock footage (Saw one kid doing these and there is not much comp. Hmmm...)

-Do video editing for creatives or entrepreneurs

-Create copy for new entrepreneurs

-Create ads for entrepreneurs or redo bland, boring and bad ads I see in daily life

On To Action
I will be reading over my little value list and looking over some forum posts over the next few days. It Is my intention that my next post will be about a much more specific plan of action...​

In the mean time I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences on the topic of creating value for others.

Thanks,
DJ​

Last edited:

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
My honest thoughts as I read threads like this...

At 26 I had, shut down my first very successful business selling custom built personal computers which paid for my college education having graduated with a business administration and computer science degree, started working as a 1099 based software engineer developing manufacturing execution systems in the semiconductor industry, was engaged to my now wife, and purchased my first house, and was talking about starting a family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...