The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestions for the youngsters starting out?

1rektsona1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 28, 2018
I'm 17 and I need money to cover some basic needs like going to the gym, buying my food (my family eats mostly unhealthy things). I am mainly focused on learning guitar since I really want to be a guitarist, but it would be amazing if I had financial freedom as well at least to the point where I can nurture my goal. Guitar practice doesn't have to be extremely long I think 5-8 hours, but imagine a day you sleep only for 8 hours you still have 16 hours to go. Aren't 8 to 13 hours enough to build-up some income, in terms of entrepreneurship? I am very keen on broadening my horizons in terms of knowledge -that's why Fastlane and entrepreneurship seems so interesting to me- but am just as enthralled by art. I live in Romania at the moment though, so I plan to move to Canada as soon as high school ends. Would my situation be likewise trying to hit two birds with one stone? If I didn't start my business or something I would have to enslave myself to a job I would probably hate. I want to monetize my creativity. I am at a time when I have to make decisions. I would naturally want to pursue my guitar career, but I would also on the other hand, write books. I am a mess I think, haha, I guess that's okay. Two months to go until 17, I am pretty young and I feel lucky I embarked in such a rocky journey one year ago. The journey of self-improvement for a desiring life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
Sell things around the house on eBay.

After you run out of things to sell around the house offer to sell your friends items for a fee (consignment) on eBay.

After you’ve done that offer your services to local business owners that sell items who don’t have an eCommerce site.

Note: It doesn’t have to be eBay you can use any site you fancy or all of them

1rektsona1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 28, 2018
I
Sell things around the house on eBay.

After you run out of things to sell around the house offer to sell your friends items for a fee (consignment) on eBay.

After you’ve done that offer your services to local business owners that sell items who don’t have an eCommerce site.

Note: It doesn’t have to be eBay you can use any site you fancy or all of them
I will definitely take your advice in consideration, thank you.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I'm 17 and I need money to cover some basic needs like going to the gym, buying my food (my family eats mostly unhealthy things). I am mainly focused on learning guitar since I really want to be a guitarist, but it would be amazing if I had financial freedom as well at least to the point where I can nurture my goal. Guitar practice doesn't have to be extremely long I think 5-8 hours, but imagine a day you sleep only for 8 hours you still have 16 hours to go. Aren't 8 to 13 hours enough to build-up some income, in terms of entrepreneurship? I am very keen on broadening my horizons in terms of knowledge -that's why Fastlane and entrepreneurship seems so interesting to me- but am just as enthralled by art. I live in Romania at the moment though, so I plan to move to Canada as soon as high school ends. Would my situation be likewise trying to hit two birds with one stone? If I didn't start my business or something I would have to enslave myself to a job I would probably hate. I want to monetize my creativity. I am at a time when I have to make decisions. I would naturally want to pursue my guitar career, but I would also on the other hand, write books. I am a mess I think, haha, I guess that's okay. Two months to go until 17, I am pretty young and I feel lucky I embarked in such a rocky journey one year ago. The journey of self-improvement for a desiring life.

I am by no means an expert but I have a good 11 years on you in life experience so thought I would give my opinion.

1. Get a job! Going out Into the world and engaging with it will help you come across problems that need solving and also give you money to persue your entrepreneurial endeavours.

2. Join a gym. Health is everything do a mixture of cardio and strength your older self will thank you for your investment.

3. Look up nutrition advice and eat clean and healthy. Your health is everything you build this habit now it'll be easy for you to maintain same as above health is wealth. if you don't have the money to join a gym start here at least.

4. Don't do drugs, I've seen so many lives ruined, don't listen to your friends you'll see lots of it going on if you havent already.

Good to see you want to eat healthy and gym already keep going bud and don't ever stop.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1rektsona1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 28, 2018
I am by no means an expert but I have a good 11 years on you in life experience so thought I would give my opinion.

1. Get a job! Going out Into the world and engaging with it will help you come across problems that need solving and also give you money to persue your entrepreneurial endeavours.

2. Join a gym. Health is everything do a mixture of cardio and strength your older self will thank you for your investment.

3. Look up nutrition advice and eat clean and healthy. Your health is everything you build this habit now it'll be easy for you to maintain same as above health is wealth if y.
you don't have the money to join a gym start here at least.

4. Don't do drugs, I've seen so many lives ruined, don't listen to your friends you'll see lots of it going on if you havent already.

Good to see you want to eat healthy and gym already keep going bud and don't ever stop.
Well I cook myself as healthy as I can. I just prefer not to eat if I know it's unhealthy. I educated myself about healthy diet, proper workout, psychology and this got me immensely further in my journey. Though the job part. I don't access to a place where I could possibly work. I have to search ways I can do some money online. Maybe I can monetize my writing skills, or my knowledge somehow. Eh, it's a lot to work out but I invest the time to get my life together. Thank you for the reply.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.