The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestion for book reading

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Got this from listening to Del Walmsley on the radio the other day. He reads many books, most of them many times. Each time he reads the book he learns something new. In order to supplant this he reads with a highlighter in his hand. Each time he reads the same book he uses a different colored highlighter. I thought it might be worth trying.:cheers:

Greg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
I think I'll give that a shot for studying for my AP US History Midterm. Thanks for the idea!

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
I had a very inspiring US history teacher who told me the same thing. He said that ever since he started highlighting in his textbooks he's never received a grade other than an A.

If I could add something a bit off topic ... He had a very inspiring life story, almost straight out of the chicken soup books. He "woke up" and took his life seriously after a few moments of being clinically dead after a crash with a drunk driver. The inspiration and stories of people on this forum remind me of his.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
If you just want to rattle of facts, then thats fine (assuming the book is accurate to begin with.) If you have real life experience to relate with while reading it increases the value of the book by many times. Additionally, you can spot BS very quickly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

skinner

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 20, 2008
Oxford UK, Amman Jordan, Raleigh NC.
Hi,

Reading is very important, so we need to do it right. I learned a lot from a book that constituted one of the units for my MBA at Rushmore: How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler. Get through that and you'll know everything you need to for extracting the maximum benefit from any book you read.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.