The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

'Successful' entrepreneur living the dream dead @ 46

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
4T8jyRlaStqkcpsynqYhmg.png

This is just a little reminder that you don't have to be 'old' to die, life can end at any moment.

Hell, you could drive to the grocery store tomorrow get in a car accident and die.

A few of you are familiar with this guy.

Rich Piana, he had his own very successful health & fitness brand (5% nutrition) as well as massive social followings. Specifically on YouTube.

Rich's motto was simply "whatever it takes god damn it".

Anyways, take a look at your life right now...

Are you doing whatever it takes to get that life you want?

Are you playing to win? or to not lose?

Sad day, RIP.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
And earlier in the week, Dallas Carver passed away. At 26. Twenty F*cking six years old. What the F*ck...

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
That's sad. Both Rich and Dallas in such a short period of time... I hoped Rich would get better after that collapse.

Rest in peace.

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Look, I agree with "we can die at any time" but is Rich Piana really the right person to use that statement on and use as an example?
It's not like he did not taunt death. Even if we (for the hell of it) assume that he did not do steroids, the strain on his body must've been insane with workouts and muscles like that.

Loved his videos, though. The dude couldn't end a sentence without including "F*cking" atleast twice in it.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Theres no reason to take that many steroids...honestly.

Toss in a heavy coke problem and youre asking for trouble.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
Not only he was taking massive amounts of steroids, but his whole lifestyle was very unhealthy. In his videos series "bigger by the day", you hear him talking about how he doesn't sleep enough, and you never see him eating vegetables.

But I still have a lot of respect for him, he was and is still an inspiration for me, in the fitness or business world. He was honest about his steroids use and his good genetics, not selling a dream that anyone can be mister olympia without good genetics, hard work and drugs.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Look, I agree with "we can die at any time" but is Rich Piana really the right person to use that statement on and use as an example?
It's not like he did not taunt death. Even if we (for the hell of it) assume that he did not do steroids, the strain on his body must've been insane with workouts and muscles like that.

Loved his videos, though. The dude couldn't end a sentence without including "F*cking" atleast twice in it.
You guys are missing the point. Rich didn't just wake up that day and say "hmm I'm probably gonna die today".

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
You guys are missing the point. Rich didn't just wake up that day and say "hmm I'm probably gonna die today".

Every person here should know the consequences of any risks you take be it health, wealth or otherwise. I don't have remorse for a guy who knew the risks of his choices and took them anyways.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Truly a sad story, a harsh reminder that Father Time is undefeated and sometimes he shows up unannounced and unexpected.

whatever it takes god damn it".

My guess is that's what killed him.

Rest in peace.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Every person here should know the consequences of any risks you take be it health, wealth or otherwise. I don't have remorse for a guy who knew the risks of his choices and took them anyways.
Hey, Jason, I wasn't saying we should all have remorse for him.

The point I was getting at was that we aren't guaranteed to have a tomorrow. Even if we have everything we want. I know we all know that.

This just hit closer to home to me and I wanted to give that reminder to others here on the forum.

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
This reminds me of Rush the movie.

When Niki Lauda talks about James hunt dying.

For James, one world title was enough. He had proved what he needed to prove. To himself, and anyone who doubted him. And two days later, he retired.

When I saw him next in London 7 years later. Me as Champion again him as a broadcaster. He was barefoot on a bicycle with a flat tire. Still living each day likes his last.

2 years later, when I heard he died aged 45 of a heart attack. I wasn't surprised, just sad.

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands

Looking at what he did to his body, I question that statement.

But yes I do get your point and the reason you created this thread. You're 100% right.

As much as this is a reason for us to give all we've got it's a reason for others to cower in their employment so they don't risk 12 hour work days and struggling as an entrepreneur

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
That's why I actually do believe in work-life balance, as opposed to what some guys like Gary Vee preach. You could sacrifice it all to build your biz: fun, friends, social life, family, relationships and travels, work every single day for 14 hours and simply not wake up one day, before hitting it big. The life is now, every single moment counts and you have to enjoy the process.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
This is just a little reminder that you don't have to be 'old' to die, life can end at any moment.

Hell, you could drive to the grocery store tomorrow get in a car accident and die.

So what are you trying to get at? Just don't bother working because it could all end tomorrow?

Most people are sacrificing quite alot at times for a better future. What's the point if you could drop dead at any point?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I worked with a guy for 15 years, he worked 12-16 hours every day. He was planning to retire at 65, instead he dropped dead at 63. Its sad when you see this happen to someone you know.

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
So what are you trying to get at? Just don't bother working because it could all end tomorrow?

Most people are sacrificing quite alot at times for a better future. What's the point if you could drop dead at any point?

It sound like you're trying to convince yourself of something? he didn't even imply anything like what you said, yet you're making assumptions.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
The life is now, every single moment counts and you have to enjoy the process.

Not to derail but...you guys are having fun with the fastlane aren't you? If you aren't, you are missing a big part (most) of the game.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.