The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY : Worlds Richest man Carlos Slim

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

imirza

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jul 29, 2007
http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/03/news/international/carlosslim.fortune/index.htm
Portly and often puffing a cigar, Slim could pass for a latter-day Latin American J.P. Morgan. But with his dominant stakes in everything from phones to finance, his business profile more closely resembles that of John D. Rockefeller, who likewise thrived in a loosely regulated environment. (For the record, though, even in current dollars Rockefeller's wealth pales in comparison to Slim's: At his death in 1937, Rockefeller was worth $20.3 billion, representing one fifty-second of 1937 U.S. GDP.) The average Mexican encounters a Slim-owned business when she visits an ATM, drives a car, stops for coffee, and especially when she picks up the phone - Slim's Teléfonos de México controls 92% of the country's phone lines, and his América Móvil wireless service has a 70% market share. George W. Grayson, a professor of government at the College of William & Mary, coined the term "Slimlandia" to describe how entrenched the Slim family's companies are in the daily life of Mexicans.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
Mmm...I'm kind of biased.
I remember the days when no one knew his name but then everyone started saying he was lending his name out to slimeball president Carlos Salinas de Gortari. Fifteen years later he is the richest man in the world. Major owner of a monopoly that he bought from the gov't...No thanks. No role model here.

Yesterday, I read about Aristotle Onassis here:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/business/aristotle-onassis/

None too flattering. But then again this is the web, anyone can write anything, so a grain of salt is always required.

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
I must say I agree with CACTUSWREN!

I spoke with an associate of mine today on this very subject.
I thought that it was Bill Gates but he said it was a "russian"? guy who created GOOGLE?

Anybody want to verify this?

By the way, LOVE Napoleon Hill!!!:love1:

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
The only Slim's owned company that I've used is CTI a cellphone service provider in my country, they are thieves plain and simple. Long story short, if you want to cease the contract, you better get a lawyer first...

The other company in here is Telmex, also owned by slim. The goverment paid them to built a telcom system for the local police, but the system doesnt work at all. The goverment is taking Telmex to trial.

I don't like Slim very much...

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
I'm not familiar w/ the mexican phone company, but why isn't there some sort of competition there like there is here?

elballer

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 2, 2010
Because like one true saying is not more truer then can be " The one with the money,makes the rules"

G

Guest3722A

Because like one true saying is not more truer then can be " The one with the money,makes the rules"

Well that's the way it use to be in the USofA well over a hundred years ago. But since Teddy Roosevelt, the greatest president of all time took over, the rich weren't allowed to sell spoiled milk with the smell masked by formaldehyde anymore (amongst other needed balances). So I would have to say in the United States, the one with the money does not make the rules, even though corruption would like to make it appear as such.:smxB:

I could go on here... but, not worth it. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.