The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY: Ecko

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
He is on the cover of the new INC. mag. As soon as they post it on the site, ill try to post it here.

From airbushing graffiti on shirts and sweaters to owning a billion dollar hiphop fashion line. good story.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Wow, I'm surprised this one didn't get many replies, this is a truly FastLane story guys, Ecko reported sales north of $1 Billion back in 2004 (no info about now though), I found this story truly unique, you don't see a lot of successes in this industry!
Thank you for posting MJ (too late I know) :smx2:

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The TAPOUT guys have an interesting story as well ... if I was looking at starting a clothing line (there are a few folks here) I'd be dissecting these stories bit by bit.

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
The TAPOUT guys have an interesting story as well ... if I was looking at starting a clothing line (there are a few folks here) I'd be dissecting these stories bit by bit.

Ken Blockof DC shoes would be another one to look at

If you have a highbeam subscription read about it here

Founded the company in 1993 and sold it to Quicksilver INC in 2004 for an undisclosed amount of money, probably in the hundreds of millions

As you can see he has a bit of fun in the fastlane, he is the driver of these Subaru's :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av0VsTxJd78]YouTube - [0-60] Ken Block's snowboard/rally bit from DC's Mtn.Lab 1.5[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs-jAImScms]YouTube - Ken Block Gymkhana Practice[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY

A clothing line is an awesome fastlane venture, but I think the biggest hurdle is the in-house production. I personally wear clothes from American Apparel (the shirts are very comfortable) but you can purchase the shirts wholesale because they already come unbranded without any print which makes things easy. I think the hassle is getting whatever logo/message onto the clothing. It would probably involve a screen printing machine which would be pretty expensive. It would be interesting if someone could elaborate more on this who knows more than me.

I also think a clothing line could be a candidate to boot-strap because it's something that has culture behind it and can easily be begun solely through the internet. I know a few clothing stores near me that are growing due to a cult following they have developed.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There are days when I think about getting in the designer purse business .... albeit, I'm not sure I want to move to Italy... ;)

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
Or do the next best thing.

www . bagborroworsteal . com/

Imagine how many other in demand luxury items can be rented. They rent handbags, glasses, jewelry, watches etc.

I just realized that this is a blockbuster video type of biz model, just with a higher price tag items that are in demand.

They charge a membership fee, then based on the bag, they charge a weekly premium. So with a brand new $340 coach bag at $27/week. they will break even at the 3-4 month mark. Then everything else is pure profit.

Average bag probably last about 1-2 years. At that time all they would have to do is liquidate it and reap the benefits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.