The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Students don't have to Choose the Slowlane- A Plea to My College

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

ToySoldier

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 19, 2017
Toronto
The average salary of a marketing manager is $78,141 Canadian dollars before tax. This salary represents “success” to most of my classmates. This salary is achievable through years of climbing the corporate ladder. This salary is reserved for graduates who have dedicated the entirety of their twenties to somebody else’s business. This salary will be paid to that graduate until the day they retire. If that graduate is lucky enough not to have been laid off during their forty years of service, they might retire a millionaire. That’s the direction the vast majority of my classmates are headed- and for some reason- they’re happy about it.

Allow me to quote an author by the name of MJ DeMarco from his book The Millionaire Fastlane : “Go to school, get good grades, graduate, get a good job, save 10%, invest in the stock market, max your 401(k), slash your credit cards, and clip coupons . . . then, someday, when you are, oh, 65 years old, you will be rich.” I don’t see this as a viable career path, and frankly, I’m confused by those who strive to live this lifestyle. No twenty two year old ever got rich from having a perfect GPA. No thirty year old ever purchased a Ferrari after his first promotion.

Since 2013, I’ve owned a web development company, a network of affiliate marketing websites, a clothing line, and a soon-to-be digital marketing agency. I don’t understand the concept of working minimum wage all summer to earn $4800, when you can earn half of that by selling t-shirts out of your bedroom in a weekend. I don’t understand the concept of giving up 240 hours of your own time, when you can earn the same amount by closing a single website client. There are so many choices available to us young adults, some of which push you forward, and some that pull you back. Enrolling in Sheridan College’s BBA program has pulled me back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Wait, you sell t-shirts out of your bedroom on the weekends?

ToySoldier

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 19, 2017
Toronto
Wait, you sell t-shirts out of your bedroom on the weekends?

Thanks for being my first every post response!

I capitalized on a niche that helped me take in a few grand over the course of a weekend. At this point I've worked out the logistics for a fully-functioning clothing line, which will hopefully go live in a couple weeks!

I plan to make a post about the clothing niche capitalization soon :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.