The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Strider - Once again

Strider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 10, 2016
South Europe
Hello everyone, I'm Strider from southern europe, I'm a few weeks of being 19 years old and I've "been here" for a while (had a few months of inactivity) and I've done nothing with it.

I'm currently studying in college, not liking it and thinking of changing courses to something easier and more interesting. I still have doubts about the future (who doesn't) so I want to keep a safety net.
Joined a entrepreneurship club that has connections to alumni and companies and because of it have done some cool things, it hasn't been all bad. But I'm definitely bored and doing under what I think I should (60% average until now) haven't gone to a single class in 3 weeks and truly don't think I should have. My goal is to self-study when the classes are worthless. Be disciplined. For this I have developed a organizing system that I'm using for about 3 days now.

With the time I'll have left I want to invest in side projects and exposing myself to the world.
I have a big Education idea, that came from the struggles I've felt (app and community based) and intend to learn the basic of the tools to build the mvp this summer, many subideas arise from this one so it's good for that. Right now I've built the website and one of the basic features of it, but it needed content that my friends and I couldn't make avaible in time.
I also intend to build a smart water saving system for a public garden that I saw was wasting so much water it made me sick in the guts. Just purchased the electronic parts online, got to wait a month for them, actually curious to learn how to use them (only have a basic idea) and see my "baby" working.. or not ahaha

These are the current ideas that I've going on. But I still feel a bit of lost. My biggest fear is that I don't know if I should be here. I've never sold anything. I'm afraid of losing myself into something (be it a job or a series of "businesses" that have no soul) and then nothing I've done nothing that actually matters. On the other side, I'm ambitious, when I start doing something its go big or go home. I've literally always wanted to help people and do my best to defend truth (making enemies along the way) and contribute. Most times I feel like I've got enough for whatever I put my mind into and I'm deeply excited to meet new people, I love to go around doing stuff that matters (my happiest week was when I volunteered at a big tech event).

The focus of being here is:
> Nurturing the mentality of positivity and fastlane;
> Learning from experience of others;
> Learning sales in a proper way;
> Get ideas to try out and learn from actually doing;

I want to learn by doing for once, I feel like I've been inside a bubble all my life. I'm sick of it. I want to breakout on my own.
Be it study something that I actually care about (while having side projects that I care about) and then go do my Masters in another country, or simply getting a decent average and think more of business in my country at start. Both are viable to me, I literally just don't want to be bored to death and have the joy of having some kind of impact or excitement.

I've set a few goals for the following two months:
- Get my semester average up to 75% (hard but doable);
- Get the water saving project prototype (second month);
- Meet new people (meetups and events) in interesting areas;
- Keep brainstorming;
- Become more positive and look for ways to help people;
- Act on the education idea, talk to old teachers and ask for help, structure the idea and learn the basics of what I need for the mvp;

Well I do feel like I rambled a lot, sorry for that, not feeling the best right now so will probably sleep now.

Have a great night!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to be.

I'm currently studying in college, not liking it and thinking of changing courses to something easier and more interesting
IMO, don't settle for "easy"...look for the skills you want and acquire them either thru college or work.

Get my semester average up to 75%
I don't know how much time you have left in school, but if you can accomplish this goal it will help provide you a starting point. It's easier to fund your business startup with a good paying JOB, rather than making minimum wage.

You're just starting out, don't worry that life is a bit overwhelming right now. That's normal. Just stay on task. Best wishes!

Strider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 10, 2016
South Europe
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to be.

IMO, don't settle for "easy"...look for the skills you want and acquire them either thru college or work.

I don't know how much time you have left in school, but if you can accomplish this goal it will help provide you a starting point. It's easier to fund your business startup with a good paying JOB, rather than making minimum wage.

You're just starting out, don't worry that life is a bit overwhelming right now. That's normal. Just stay on task. Best wishes!

Yeah, I don't want to settle I want to make a conscientious decision. My point on college right now is, I know if I go almost anywhere else in my country, I can do what I do, and be a good student and with discipline a top one. Here I'm not sure. I haven't put enough effort. I know who I am and what I am capable of in those regards. I've got almost to months to see if I'm capable of taking this or not, if I'm not, no shame in it, I'll make the move that seems to give me more opportunities.

Basically the problem is I'm in a college that is absurdly hard (the "best" college supposedly in my country, ultra old ) and in one of the top 3 courses (and because of it I get the most prestigious and old teachers, great people, great minds but simply not actual teachers). If I end my bachelors I have a guaranteed job in consulting and if I end the masters I go to banking easily, getting a good salary for my country.. no need for awesome grades even. What is the problem you ask? Even though it's pretty much hell, outside of my country this college is just another one, no one recognizes how insane this is and honestly I don't just wanna be here for the rest of my life (my home country), I'm thinking of a possibility of going to a good college, where I can get a good average (over 80/85%) with the same effort and then grab a scholarship to get my masters in a college in another country and see the world a bit more.

Not sure if I gave that impression in the first topic (I'm literally falling asleep so I won't go back to read it, better explain myself now) but I have two reasons for not dropping out of this right away:
- I don't want to lose a year, even though I get the transfer of credits I did some specific subjects and so I'll have to make at least 3 subjects from the first year. This makes me one year "behind" what I wanted, and I'm thinking of maybe volunteering for 9months (paid volunteering) after my bachelors, help someone, see the world and gain perspective, or maybe just go into the job market for a year in consulting and see what the world has to offer, I don't know.
- Pride... damn I simply don't like being a quitter but I simply know I haven't been putting the effort necessary to succeed in the way I want at it.

I'll see if the effort and hours I'm willing to invest in it is enough to get what I want from it. If it is great. Otherwise I might just go somewhere else and maybe even like what I'm learning. And keep having this extra time to invest in becoming a proactive person and doing stuff that matters.

I have two months of discipline, studying everyday and still working on getting on track with who I want to do and be.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...