The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Street Vendor Startup

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 14, 2011
Hey guys! I have a couple of low cost business ideas that i'm going to run with, but this is the one I plan on starting first. I have been researching for quite awhile about how to run my business and I am confident with hard work and persistence that I will be sucessful.

So this startup business I wanted to either have a taco cart, or a hot dog cart. The tacos are going to be authentic mexican tacos. I speak Spanish, and I will have a bilingual mexican business partner, and we will make all of our own recipies. Both have experience making tacos and working with food so we will be fine at that aspect. I do not have the overhead to purchase a taco truck or anything close to that so I was looking on buying some kind of portable stand where I could cook the tacos, push the stand around if need be, and be able to tow it away with my truck at the end of the day. I was looking for stands and I found alot of information on hot dog carts, and that struck my mind as well; so the last couple weeks i've been doing nothing but researching information on this business. It was alot easier to find a cart, the startup is lower, and they are easier to run, but I know I can make alot more money selling tacos.

So those are the ideas that i'm working with right now, but I have to incorporate licenses and laws into place. I know I could have a sucessful business up and running the day after tommorrow if I didn't need any licenses. So I know I am going to register my business as an LLC, and then I have to register with the state. I know how to do that, and then the next step is getting the street vending license and getting me a vending cart to work with. I do not know all the vending licenses and permits I need to have. I figure I have to have a food workers card, and then I need to have my cart meet health regulations. I called Seattle department of transportation number and left a message with my number to find out how to get a permit. Lucky for me they ignored my call and I know nothing!! Here is there website with the permit details. seattle.gov/transportation/stuse_vend.htm

So that is it guys, I just need help being pointed in the right direction of the paperwork I need to do to get started. If anyone can point me out in a cart that would be aimed at tacos (I would prefer that over a hot dog stand) I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you guys for taking your time to help me out, I am very serious and your time will not be wasted!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.