• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Storytelling as an Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by jpanarra, Mar 4, 2019.

1. jpanarra

jpanarra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,796
    Hey all, JP here.. I got a Story for you

Once upon a time, there was a boy that was born without the ability to hear. His name was Jason, Jason was always an intelligent child but he had teachers, doctors, and other parents tell him he would not be able to go to college. Jason worked hard tried, he couldn't always pass his tests until his teacher told him a story about practice and repetition and breaking out with a masters degree will save him from the rat race. Jason was motivated to succeeded and pushed his limits to get the degree so he can have a easier life. Jason has grown up and realized that whole thing has been a farce and is working on growing his businesses hoping to move onto the fast lane. Now he's writing this post to entertain you...

Storytelling is really self explanatory, it’s the act of telling stories and asking your audience to engage with the characters and making the point of empathy. Stories have been a way of communicating probably since the dawn of time and they're much easier to remember when you're being entertained by a story.

I'm in the middle of starting a private label and I've been reading a lot into storytelling and how my brand can tell the story. Using storytelling the right way will make your post/product/video/blog a much more engaging one. They'll become something that people want to immerse themselves into.

The critical thing is that people will remember your story.. Once that seed has been implemented, they'll remember the message and your brand.

2. rogainer

rogainer 10 2 10 FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,238
    Can you recommend any resources on storytelling better?

3. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,468
    Subscribe to Ben Settle's emails.

He keeps promoting his paid Email Players newsletters, but he always spins all kinds of tricks and twists to tell it 100% much differently each time.

One day the story is about fighting a hater.

Another day, the story is about having a disagreement with Dan Kennedy.

You just never get bored with his emails.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  4. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,507
    +1 for some recommendations

Would love some stuff that goes deeper than just, "Start with a great hook that engages your audience from the start." My programmer brain doesn't work that way.

5. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,352
    ZF Lee likes this.
  6. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $182,296
    Don’t Russell Brunson’s books talk about storytelling? I’m not sure which book. I’ve not read them.

Yeah, stories sell. I love stories. I tell them and people can pass them on. For the last 10 years I’ve told a story about helping an electrician friend.

jpanarra, ApparentHorizon and ZF Lee like this.
  7. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $182,296
    I think I’ve a programmer brain too. I wouldn’t say I’m a great storyteller, I just recount what happened.

8. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,507
    Exactly. If I've experienced it, it's easy. But trying to tell a full length joke or recall a 2nd hand story...forget about it. Literally!

Andy Black likes this.
  9. S.Y.

S.Y. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,792
    - The Moth
    - Storyworthy - Matthew Dicks
    - Sell with a story - Paul Smith

ApparentHorizon likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.