The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Storytelling as an Entrepreneur

Marketing, social media, advertising

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey all, JP here.. I got a Story for you

Once upon a time, there was a boy that was born without the ability to hear. His name was Jason, Jason was always an intelligent child but he had teachers, doctors, and other parents tell him he would not be able to go to college. Jason worked hard tried, he couldn't always pass his tests until his teacher told him a story about practice and repetition and breaking out with a masters degree will save him from the rat race. Jason was motivated to succeeded and pushed his limits to get the degree so he can have a easier life. Jason has grown up and realized that whole thing has been a farce and is working on growing his businesses hoping to move onto the fast lane. Now he's writing this post to entertain you...

Storytelling is really self explanatory, it’s the act of telling stories and asking your audience to engage with the characters and making the point of empathy. Stories have been a way of communicating probably since the dawn of time and they're much easier to remember when you're being entertained by a story.

I'm in the middle of starting a private label and I've been reading a lot into storytelling and how my brand can tell the story. Using storytelling the right way will make your post/product/video/blog a much more engaging one. They'll become something that people want to immerse themselves into.

The critical thing is that people will remember your story.. Once that seed has been implemented, they'll remember the message and your brand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Can you recommend any resources on storytelling better?
Subscribe to Ben Settle's emails.

He keeps promoting his paid Email Players newsletters, but he always spins all kinds of tricks and twists to tell it 100% much differently each time.

One day the story is about fighting a hater.

Another day, the story is about having a disagreement with Dan Kennedy.

You just never get bored with his emails.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC

+1 for some recommendations

Would love some stuff that goes deeper than just, "Start with a great hook that engages your audience from the start." My programmer brain doesn't work that way.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don’t Russell Brunson’s books talk about storytelling? I’m not sure which book. I’ve not read them.

Yeah, stories sell. I love stories. I tell them and people can pass them on. For the last 10 years I’ve told a story about helping an electrician friend.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Would love some stuff that goes deeper than just, "Start with a great hook that engages your audience from the start." My programmer brain doesn't work that way.
I think I’ve a programmer brain too. I wouldn’t say I’m a great storyteller, I just recount what happened.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

- The Moth
- Storyworthy - Matthew Dicks
- Sell with a story - Paul Smith

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads