The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop Making Excuses and Get to Work

Anything related to matters of the mind

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm in Warsaw Poland living in a friend's apartment downtown but I haven't seen him in a week. While I'm casually working on my laptop, getting a full night's rest, and relaxing here and there, this kid is flying around Europe going to meeting after meeting.

He's a consultant and wakes up at 7am. Leaves at 8am. Doesn't come home until midnight. And that's not an exaggeration. He works from 8am until midnight Monday to Saturday, and then on Sunday does a few hours of work on top of that.

Then starting in July, he's changing jobs from consultant to startup CEO. He (like a lot of consultants) was headhunted by a VC firm and is being given the reigns to a ten-man million dollar+ startup.

And believe me: this is not a kid that you want to compete against. He's willing to do whatever it takes to be successful.

Meanwhile, you have threads like this: Progress Thread - Fear and Loathing in Entrepreneurship-- a 19 year old's roadtrip to financial sanity.

(Do yourself the favor and don't click over).

It's basically a three page thread of absolutely zero action and zero accomplishment. Nothing getting done. Just a lot of laziness, instant gratification, and complete lack of discipline.

Usually I wouldn't call someone out like that publicly, but the contrast between what I'm seeing and that thread is laughable.

You have a kid in America with all the opportunity in the world squandering everything he's been gifted; and meanwhile you have a kid in Poland born into nothing working his a$$ off (along with thousands of others), getting ready to take your business and livelihood.

I guess what I'm getting at is this: Stop making excuses and get to work. Someone out there will get the work done and will get rich as hell. Whether that's you or some kid halfway around the world is up to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.