The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Still alive and kickin'

Legacy Dad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 3, 2007
Worldwide, depending on the month.
Hey everyone,

I stumbled on this site by accident and low and behold half of the old RD.com crew is here! I stopped posting at RD.com because it just went too far south, it seemed like their was no more forward progress being made, maybe it was just me.

My life has taken a turn in the past few years, I have put most of my investing and finances on autopilot and started focusing on other areas of my life. Mainly my wife, family and things that are of real importance too me. Being shot at and almost blown up a few times seems to change your priorities.

I have started doing financial planning and teaching again for many colleagues and friends who have asked for guidance but I mostly show them how and where to look for answers rather than actually give them the answers, that seems to motivate people more to take their own action.

I started a blog on a passion of my: True Greatness Parenting that I call Legacy Dad, meaning raising kids to be world changers. I believe anyone can raise a successful person but few people raise children who move on to become Gates, Mother Teresa's, etc.

After looking at research on affluent people, I found that financial literacy was not that big of a factor in success but more so was character traits like: Honesty, Courage, Tenacity, Social Skills, and Faith. So I began focusing on instilling these traits in my children and adding some financial and business teachings as well. BTW, my kids Roth's are up 700% this year!

My goal was to simply record the journey and then someday write a book about it. Well, a well known author and some other interested parties ran into my blog and asked if I was going to write a book about it. At this time, I'm not ready but the interest has sparked an idea in my head so maybe in the future it will happen?

I've put any new REI on hold for a year and then I am taking Steve O's advice and moving into commercial.

Thats it for now, I am so busy these days it's hard to find time to even surf forums anymore but I'll try to make it here more often.

Take Care,

Lance

P.S. When is the next RD.com or Fastlane to Millions Meet Up? I am finally back in the US and in AZ???

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hi Lance!

Good to see you're still around. :)

Yeah, the RD site has gotten stinky. :smx5:

Did you know that RK and KK bought out Sharon Lechter?

The reason I bring this up is that Sharon has said she wants to focus now on children and families and bringing the message of financial independence/consciousness to them.

Sounds like a good idea to me, especially as a new dad. ;)

-Russ H.

unchained

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 10, 2007
South Brunswick New Jersey
Welcome Lance. You are truely a great individual, for your service for our country and military, in addition to what you do on your site, and the traits and knowledge that you instill into your kids, and clients.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
Welcome to the fastlane Lance. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Lance and thanx for the great intro.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Welcome, I checked out your website a while back and just recommended it to my brother. Glad you are here and contributing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...