• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Still alive and kickin'

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Legacy Dad, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Legacy Dad

Legacy Dad New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $73
    Hey everyone,

I stumbled on this site by accident and low and behold half of the old RD.com crew is here! I stopped posting at RD.com because it just went too far south, it seemed like their was no more forward progress being made, maybe it was just me.

My life has taken a turn in the past few years, I have put most of my investing and finances on autopilot and started focusing on other areas of my life. Mainly my wife, family and things that are of real importance too me. Being shot at and almost blown up a few times seems to change your priorities.

I have started doing financial planning and teaching again for many colleagues and friends who have asked for guidance but I mostly show them how and where to look for answers rather than actually give them the answers, that seems to motivate people more to take their own action.

I started a blog on a passion of my: True Greatness Parenting that I call Legacy Dad, meaning raising kids to be world changers. I believe anyone can raise a successful person but few people raise children who move on to become Gates, Mother Teresa's, etc.

After looking at research on affluent people, I found that financial literacy was not that big of a factor in success but more so was character traits like: Honesty, Courage, Tenacity, Social Skills, and Faith. So I began focusing on instilling these traits in my children and adding some financial and business teachings as well. BTW, my kids Roth's are up 700% this year!

My goal was to simply record the journey and then someday write a book about it. Well, a well known author and some other interested parties ran into my blog and asked if I was going to write a book about it. At this time, I'm not ready but the interest has sparked an idea in my head so maybe in the future it will happen?

I've put any new REI on hold for a year and then I am taking Steve O's advice and moving into commercial.

Thats it for now, I am so busy these days it's hard to find time to even surf forums anymore but I'll try to make it here more often.

Take Care,

Lance

P.S. When is the next RD.com or Fastlane to Millions Meet Up? I am finally back in the US and in AZ???

2. Russ H

Russ H Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,285
    Hi Lance!

Good to see you're still around. :)

Yeah, the RD site has gotten stinky. :smx5:

Did you know that RK and KK bought out Sharon Lechter?

The reason I bring this up is that Sharon has said she wants to focus now on children and families and bringing the message of financial independence/consciousness to them.

Sounds like a good idea to me, especially as a new dad. ;)

-Russ H.

3. unchained

unchained New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $33
    Welcome Lance. You are truely a great individual, for your service for our country and military, in addition to what you do on your site, and the traits and knowledge that you instill into your kids, and clients.

4. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $178
    Welcome, Lance! Pleasure to have you here.

5. Peter2

Peter2 Fastane Legend. RIP.

Rep Bank:
    $10,732
    Welcome to the fastlane Lance. :)

6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,277
    Admin Post
    Welcome Lance and thanx for the great intro.

7. Onasip3

Onasip3 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Glad to have you back safe Lance.:hurray:

Rob

8. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Welcome. :)

9. kurtyordy

kurtyordy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $215
    Welcome, I checked out your website a while back and just recommended it to my brother. Glad you are here and contributing.

10. piranha526

piranha526 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $48
    Hey Lance,
    Great to have you over here. A pure blast from the past as far as forum quality.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.