The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Staying At A Hotel? Yuck!!!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Running a B&B, we try to stay on top of the news.

But this one . . . WOW.

We're actually meeting w/our housekeeping staff tomorrow about other things, and I'm going to show them this video! I see them bring down bins of dirty glassware all the time (they put the glasses in our dishwasher). But I want them to see this video, to keep them on the straight and narrow.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4838888&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

We're actually the ONLY B&B that I know of that changes its sheets every single day. ALL hotels/B&Bs/Inns change the sheets after each guest checks out-- and many change them every second day if you're there for a long stay. Since several San Francisco hotels have infestations of bedbugs, and many of our guests stay in SF prior to visiting w/us, we are taking extra precautions to prevent any bedbugs at the Inn. This includes daily mattress inspections, all new laundry every day, and having hardwood floors installed in all the guest rooms (and tile in the baths) so we can clean them w/a bleach solution to prevent any nastiness.

But not everyone does this . . . :smxE:

-Russ H.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

nomadjanet

Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
TX
I could not play the video but I can only imagine. We stay in hotels a lot, I hate bedspreads & comfortors. I make them take them out of the room. I like extra sheets & I take my own pillow casses & if we are traveling by car I take my own light weight blanket & get rid of the one they use. I know this wont' solve everything but it makes me feel better. :)
Janet

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
This is the reason I never ask for a pillow or blanket on an airplane. Rolled up jacket thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just Enrolled to "Start a Freelance Business: Take back your freedom Now" Thanks! @Lex...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom