The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I check this forum

• Total voters

Savania209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 4, 2024
Hi everyone,
I just turned 30 a couple of days ago and this book fell into my lap. A quick honest recap
  • I failed to provide value to the marketplace (that’s why my business is unprofitable)
  • I created a job not a business (that’s why I feel exhausted)
  • I did not hold myself financially accountable and placed the fault on external factors (and fell into lifestyle creep as well as instant gratification to offset all the bad things that I had to endure (like caring for various members of my family)
Going forward I will
  • Reconsider the place I live by using WADM
  • Reconsider my current relationships
  • Create an environment that supports my goals
  • Create a system of success for my personal and professional life
  • Not waste any further second of my life
This book ignited my passion and love for life again and I am so happy to be part of this community.
I want to get to understand better how you use this forum so please take a minute to answer the question below.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Hi everyone,
I just turned 30 a couple of days ago and this book fell into my lap. A quick honest recap
  • I failed to provide value to the marketplace (that’s why my business is unprofitable)
  • I did not hold myself financially accountable and placed the fault on external factors (and fell into lifestyle creep as well as instant gratification to offset all the bad things that I had to endure (like caring for various members of my family)
Going forward I will
This book ignited my passion and love for life again and I am so happy to be part of this community.
I want to get to understand better how you use this forum so please take a minute to answer the question below.
Welcome!
You have many chapters left to live. May the forum guide you well.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 26, 2012
Hello!

I found the book(s) last month and I am 33. Teaching myself web design now as a father of 3 to start my freelance web design business. It is never too late!
Get ChatGPT. Input all great looking designs + design principles. Learn to write good prompts. Use ChatGPT to create mock-ups. Sell mock-ups to clients. Then code it yourself (or use ChatGPT again ;-).

acars513

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 15, 2024
Ohio
Get ChatGPT. Input all great looking designs + design principles. Learn to write good prompts. Use ChatGPT to create mock-ups. Sell mock-ups to clients. Then code it yourself (or use ChatGPT again ;-).
I definitely will be implementing ChatGPT with the designs! I need to work on asking it the correct way for things which I am sure there is a thread in here that highlights how to do so. Understanding the principles of coding and programming is my focus now. I have extensive sales skills and I am excited to start selling, I just need to understand how to create what I am wanting to sell.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, 30 is plenty young to get started and build momentum, by 35 or 40 you might not recognize your life!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
495%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hello!

I found the book(s) last month and I am 33. Teaching myself web design now as a father of 3 to start my freelance web design business. It is never too late!
What the hell book(s) did you read?

ajfriesen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 30, 2024
Germany
I am 34, almost 35, and just read the book myself.

I am working on my own things with not much of a plan for a couple of years now.
The book gave me a bit more clarity and motivation to stay on the route. But I was on a good and similar path myself. Nice to find like minded people

One thing I am working on is a small web app myself. I am okayish with development but learning every day.
However, I am good at hosting since this is my day job. If you have any hosting questions, let me know if I can help!

I am also working on a book for self hosting things for Solo Devs. There is so much unneeded complexity out there and i want to remove it for single persons and keep it simple, manageable and cost efficient.

Last edited:

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Hello!

I’ve done the same, I’ve started last year. It’s been slow, but I can close 5k sites quite happily now. I’m just a struggling with lead gen. I do have a list of 2000 companies I am supposed to be emailing though.

Also launching an e-commerce brand. Left my job a month ago to do this full time. Best decision I’ve ever made. I’ve done more in a week than the past month.

I’m 30. Been thinking of business for 1.5years of my life

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom

I am working on my own things with not much of a plan for a couple of years now.
The book gave me a bit more clarity and motivation to stay on the route. But I was on a good and similar path myself. Nice to find like minded people

One thing I am working on is a small web app myself. I am okayish with development but learning every day.
However, I am good at hosting since this is my day job. If you have any hosting questions, let me know if I can help!

I am also working on a book for self hosting things for Solo Devs. There is so much unneeded complexity out there and i want to remove it for single persons and keep it simple, manageable and cost efficient

I am also working on a book for self hosting things for Solo Devs. There is so much unneeded complexity out there and i want to remove it for single persons and keep it simple, manageable and cost efficient.
We should talk sometime, would love to pick your brain.

With hosting I’m a noob.. but what I do is grab domain, link through cdm (Cloudflare) and point to host.

Probably loads I don’t know though so would love to talk!

acars513

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 15, 2024
Ohio
I’ve done the same, I’ve started last year. It’s been slow, but I can close 5k sites quite happily now. I’m just a struggling with lead gen. I do have a list of 2000 companies I am supposed to be emailing though.

Also launching an e-commerce brand. Left my job a month ago to do this full time. Best decision I’ve ever made. I’ve done more in a week than the past month.

That’s awesome man! I will be right there with you sooner rather than later!

ajfriesen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 30, 2024
Germany
We should talk sometime, would love to pick your brain.

With hosting I’m a noob.. but what I do is grab domain, link through cdm (Cloudflare) and point to host.

Probably loads I don’t know though so would love to talk!
I think you are 90 % done already with hosting then ;)
I see a lot of people over-engineer their solutions for hosting. That is what people like us, starting solo should avoid at all costs.
KISS: Keep it simple, stupid

Would love to connect. I want to write a really short book on that topic. I already have a rough outline. I think people just need to know a couple of things and they are golden. Hope to keep it as short as possible for busy people.

Savania209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 4, 2024
Welcome!
You have many chapters left to live. May the forum guide you well.
Thank you! I’ve been reading through it every day and already started asking my customers for feedback — no more waiting till tomorrow to implement what they NEED. Obviously refiguring if I’m in a high entry market and what business model to build will take more time and thorough analysis. But it’s crazy how the mindset immediately shifts. I’ve been also catching myself thinking “I want to achieve X so what choice am I making now to get there?”. Also realize I need to be kind to myself because who’s gonna be my biggest cheerleader if not me?

Savania209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 4, 2024
Welcome aboard, 30 is plenty young to get started and build momentum, by 35 or 40 you might not recognize your life!
Thank you very much! I realized that as well. It’s crazy how much synchronicity I’ve been experiencing surrounding my birthday. Thinking big has been ringing in my head and then your book fell into my lap. I’ve been wondering what task management system you use — is that described in another book by any chance? Have a lovely day!

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jun 4, 2020
USA

Great work man! I suggest getting lemlist and in 20-30 minutes you can start a cold e-mail automated campaign with those 2,000 companies and have them all e-mailed within 80-100 days. If you need any help setting it up let me know.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Great work man! I suggest getting lemlist and in 20-30 minutes you can start a cold e-mail automated campaign with those 2,000 companies and have them all e-mailed within 80-100 days. If you need any help setting it up let me know.
Could hop on a call, I’ll send you a dm instead. Thank you

Frances Kelleher

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 24, 2024
Hi everyone,
Going forward I will
You re a young spring chicken will you stop!
You ve time!

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 26, 2012
Here's an example youtube video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydt50mJmoc

I'm not affiliated in anyway with this guy/video/youtube but it shows what crazy things you can do once you start incorporating AI in workflows.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...