The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting online vape/nicotine pouch business from UK

Idea threads

Tom440

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 10, 2019
I have no idea how to do this or if its CENTS compliant- It just came into my head because It seems like nicotine pouch products are really popular now.

Has anyone here ever done something similar? What was your experience like? Just curious on where someone would start with this or what my first steps would be as the
only experience i have is running a small shopify store.

Some current examples i found: www.haypp.com or Snussie.com they seem to be a good example of this kind of business

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Daim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 11, 2024
I have no idea how to do this or if its CENTS compliant- It just came into my head because It seems like nicotine pouch products are really popular now.

Has anyone here ever done something similar? What was your experience like? Just curious on where someone would start with this or what my first steps would be as the

Some current examples i found: www.haypp.com or Snussie.com they seem to be a good example of this kind of business
I think that first you should remember what CENTS was in the first place and then see how it fits:

C - Control: Which you won't have much as Shopify can eliminate it in a split second, so not viable for long run.
E - Entry: Any one can pay $5 dollars to a freelancer and make a similar drop shipping website. So that is low as well.
N - Need: How many people actually need it. To be fairly honest as it is an addictive thing so yes, need is checked along with resales if they love the service.
T - Time: Yes, once the website is running and everything is set you can separate yourself from it, so this is good.
S - Scale: How far can you actually take it. Let's be honest if you do it correctly you CAN take the revenue into millions by branding and stuff.

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT HERE is ETHICAL VALUES and social stigma. Would you be comfortable after making money by getting someone addicted and ruining their health? And how would your family, friends and other acquaintances will see you? Would they accept what you doing or not?

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 23, 2020
UK

IMG_7353.PNGPersonally, I don't think it's a great industry to be getting into right now. Pic is from yd's paper.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015

Pretty sure this will be heavily regulated in the UK, plus you'll be part of an industry that is actively trying to get kids addicted to vapes.

Tom440

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 10, 2019
Pretty sure this will be heavily regulated in the UK, plus you'll be part of an industry that is actively trying to get kids addicted to vapes.
Thanks yea i did think there would be alot of regulation i think the marketing laws are more strict here for vaping products, i think vaping is bad too especially the disposable ones pushed on kids. I was thinking maybe niche down and just sell nicotine chew pouches like ZYN, etc

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Feb 11, 2019
Considering vapes and nicotine pouches are available everywhere and cost next to nothing, what can you really do better?

You most definitely can't sell them cheaper as established brands can get them for cents per unit.

Can you innovate? Make them taste better? Look better?

I honestly don't see any room for improvement here. The current offers are strong - every flavor and potency you can imagine for cheap.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

What's your value skew?

Tom440

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 10, 2019
I think that first you should remember what CENTS was in the first place and then see how it fits:

C - Control: Which you won't have much as Shopify can eliminate it in a split second, so not viable for long run.
E - Entry: Any one can pay $5 dollars to a freelancer and make a similar drop shipping website. So that is low as well.
N - Need: How many people actually need it. To be fairly honest as it is an addictive thing so yes, need is checked along with resales if they love the service.
T - Time: Yes, once the website is running and everything is set you can separate yourself from it, so this is good.
S - Scale: How far can you actually take it. Let's be honest if you do it correctly you CAN take the revenue into millions by branding and stuff.

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT HERE is ETHICAL VALUES and social stigma. Would you be comfortable after making money by getting someone addicted and ruining their health? And how would your family, friends and other acquaintances will see you? Would they accept what you doing or not?
Thanks yea I'm thinking of staying away from selling actual vapes as that does raise ethical concerns for me, maybe just sticking to selling the nicotine pouches instead. I guess I would be selling a bunch of other companies products via my own website do you think i could do that via the dropship method? (or wholesale?)

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks yea i did think there would be alot of regulation i think the marketing laws are more strict here for vaping products, i think vaping is bad too especially the disposable ones pushed on kids. I was thinking maybe niche down and just sell nicotine chew pouches like ZYN, etc

That's a good point, I don't vape myself but I've heard quite a few people ask for tobacco flavour vapes, so the chew pouches will probably take off here.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
There's many companies fueling this trend, including the established tobacco giants, so think about what is missing from the market. Example: Zero-nicotine equivalent products for those that want to quit, herbal or caffeine based alternatives, chewing gum, other supplements/nootropics etc. Yes, nicotine is addictive and bad, but one -perceived- value is that it helps the consumer to cope, focus, relax and relieve stress. Think about better ways this could be achieved.

Think about the implications of what will happen if these products become forbidden, or what people will do in a few years when they quit using these products. What will they replace it with?

Think about the second and third order consequences experienced by users. Nicotine pouches are bad for the gums. Maybe there's a problem for you to solve there. Nicotine users experience bad circulation. Is there a way to help them medically? Nicotine users have reduced appetite. How can they eat better? And so on.

This is similar to obesity and other addictions, where the correct choice is to quit feeding the addiction, but those who lack the willpower to stop can still benefit from different types of support.

Last edited:

Daim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 11, 2024
Thanks yea I'm thinking of staying away from selling actual vapes as that does raise ethical concerns for me, maybe just sticking to selling the nicotine pouches instead. I guess I would be selling a bunch of other companies products via my own website do you think i could do that via the dropship method? (or wholesale?)
Of course there a lot of opportunities in that just keep a value-skew in mind and sell products that are useable rather than consumable because that brings a bigger market to you. But remember that only this drop shipping websites stay longer that are built on a considerable and consistent need and keeps expanding in that niche. And if talking about wholesale don't try that stunt until you have built a strong base and are getting hundreds of orders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I wouldn't touch an industry where there are so many volatile and always-changing regulations for a fastlane biz. Ethical considerations aside, it lacks Control. Infact, its "-ve Control" because of heavy and strict regulation that changes every year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.