The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting A Social Media Business & Overcoming Self -Doubt

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Karl619

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 4, 2015
In this thread I will chronicle my journey from the very beginning ...

I have always had an active interest in Social Media and have a very good understanding of how to use it properly.

I have friends who have asked me to help them grow their business using Social Media and it made me think that perhaps this is the thing that I should make a business out of .

So I have refreshed my Social Media know-how, took some Udemy courses, set up a website and started to reach out to local small businesses that need help with Social Media set up, content creation, marketing and advertising.

I think so far the most difficult thing that I'm going through is the whole imposter sydrone -the idea that I'm not skilled enough or good enough to make this work.

I understand how much of a limiting belief this is and I also realise that it's simply not true. But the monkey brain is tough to tame.

I'm also struggling with my own expectations. I realise that this will not be easy, will take time and that despite sending out 30 emails a day I won't get a response. Or that despite spending hours a day on my website being told that your website still sucks.

Alas, I get that this is part of the journey and for that I'm grateful. I'll try to update this thread every week so that anyone interested can follow along. I hope it brings value in not only the logistics of starting a Social Media Agency but also my journey with mastering my mindset.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
The social media marketing market is a minefield (from the buyers perspective). I have looked at length for someone to help me with the social media for my startup without any luck.

Price dependant I would be happy to give you some kind of shot on a trial basis (I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I just need a consultant or a full blown manager). Hopefully help you get over that mental battle.

I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow morning (12:30am here in the UK). If I don't, shoot me one instead, I tend to forget!

Karl619

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 4, 2015
The social media marketing market is a minefield (from the buyers perspective). I have looked at length for someone to help me with the social media for my startup without any luck.

Price dependant I would be happy to give you some kind of shot on a trial basis (I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I just need a consultant or a full blown manager). Hopefully help you get over that mental battle.

I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow morning (12:30am here in the UK). If I don't, shoot me one instead, I tend to forget!

Hi Waspy,

Thanks for that, very kind of you.
I can relate with the whole minefield of Social Media Companies. I was looking for one myself and that's half the reason I decided to start my own. I want to make Social Media Management easier, simpler and more accessible to people.

I'll speak to you tomorrow

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
The best way to start an online services business is to become your own first and best customer.

Back in 2008ish we (my wife and I) were building out tons of small, half-dozen page websites that were promoting various affiliate products on Clickbank. We would find a product, do the keyword research, find the gap, create the few pages of content, build the site and then run massive SEO backlink automation across it. We were churning out one of these sites at least every single day.

We built a small army of outsourcing staff and refined the process over a couple years. We finally sold our 600+ sites in two bulk deals in late 2010 for a solid, mid six figure payout.

But that's not the point - we learned how to run a content creation business and an SEO agency during that process, so when we sold the sites, we created those two new businesses.

We were our best client, we learned how to run agencies and then we parlayed that into a more stable, long-term set of businesses.

If I were in your shoes, I'd create a side business doing something reasonably low touch and apply your social media skills across that. You'll learn, make an additional stream of profit, create a secondary asset and develop proof points to help you sell your agency business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.