• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Starting a Fashion Brand

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Rich4ever, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Rich4ever

Rich4ever PARKED Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Hey Fastlaners

New here but really glad I found this place goldmine of info,

I am in the works of creating my own Luxury fashion Brand, similar to LV,Gucci,fendi
    I have many different designs I want to push out , just wondering if anyone has experience with this field?
    How do I go about finding manufacturers that make a variety of products i'm looking to produce.(belts,bags,shirts,pants,jackets) or would I have to look separately for each.

I'm leaning towards Chinese manufacturers and I have been glued to Alibaba the whole day.

I also attempted to contact stores hoping to get a link to their manufacturers lol they were not very willing.

So those with experience can you tell my how you went about finding manufacturers for your brand.

2. Elizabeth Shi

Elizabeth Shi Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,194
    Hi and welcome to TFF! Sourcing branded products from China is not just feasible.

3. Rich4ever

Rich4ever PARKED Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Hey, Thanks for the reply
    I don't plan on sourcing branded goods I want to source my own brand and design

4. Elizabeth Shi

Elizabeth Shi Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,194
    Sorry, I think I lack coffee. :p But this sounds like an interesting project. We do a lot of work helping new importers develop new products in China. In case you think we can help, feel free to let me know more details about the project via pm or our website and I can evaluate the project and revert with more info about how we might be able to add value.

5. FF_Fastlaner

FF_Fastlaner New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $5
    Good luck matey. I am starting a business in the fashion field myself.
    My business partner relocated to Shenzen, China, to be closer to the manufacturers.
    You must have a lot of initial capital to want to start a luxury brand, with (belts,bags,shirts,pants,jackets) off the bat

6. vinisterz

vinisterz ArviN Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $310
    If you are talking about lv gucci and fendi alike arent their products made in europe instead of china? Luxury brand made in china are the second or third tier brands like coach, donney and burke, and maybe michael kors?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

Kid and PeeVee like this.
  7. Sophia Wright

Sophia Wright PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    You can try Oasis Jackets.

8. powderhound100

powderhound100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $823
    I am currently developing something in the same space. Here are a few resources to look into for manufacturing:

Manufacturing Quotes | Contract Manufacturers | MFG.com
    ThomasNet® - Product Sourcing and Supplier Discovery Platform
    https://makersrow.com/

I'm still finalizing my manufacturing plans so I can't give you a specific recommendation at this point.

Normally the fabric manufacturer and the people doing the cut and sew are separate. So you'll need to research materials as well.

If you are looking to launch a whole line, the book "blue is the new black" is a decent resource and a good place to start.

It will be very difficult to launch, belts, bags ,shirts, pants, jackets all at once. I'd recommend starting with one product or line.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask. I am no expert yet, but happy to share any resources I've come across.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  9. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,687
    He started this thread 4 years ago. Don’t think he’ll reply..

Xeon likes this.
  10. Counter

Counter New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    Starting a business model from scratch is never easy. You have to compete with the already established fashion brands like Gucci. Dolce & Gabbana but it is not an impossible task. You should be mentally ready to face the challenges ahead of you.

11. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,448
    I took a quick look to see if you have a progress thread about that here, and didn't see one. I don't have personal experience with the clothing industry. It would be educational to get to see someone else's entrepreneurial journey in that field. If you discuss that there, I'd be interested to follow your progress!

12. powderhound100

powderhound100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $823
    Late Bloomer likes this.
  13. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,448
    powderhound100 likes this.