The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a Digital Marketing Company

Marketing, social media, advertising

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
I just went through Sean Marshall's course on Udemy. Later found out it's actually not as detailed as the one he sells directly on his website. Oh well, I still think I have more than enough to get things started.

Is this Fastlane? Ehhhh... kinda. As Sean pointed out, it does violate the commandment of entry. Anyone can start an online marketing company. And there seem to be lots of them out there. But I'm sure it's like anything else, where the 80/20 principle applies (or maybe even 90/10), where 20% of the companies are getting 80% of the business, because 80% of the companies are garbage. And although there aren't many barriers to entry, I think there is a barrier to success... it's called work! Most people just don't take action, and therefore don't succeed. Or they take very little action, don't see progress, and give up.

So here is where I'm at... Working 8-5 M-F plus 2 half-days on Saturdays per month. On the plus side, there's a decent amount of downtime Monday-Thursday (Fri & Sat are pretty busy). It's usually in short increments of 5-10 minutes, but adds up throughout the day to a decent amount of time. I plan on using this time to work on my business, as well as evenings and weekends.

I just hired a designer to make a logo, and I'm speaking with a white label agency today at lunch. I haven't decided if I want to use a white label agency or freelancers for the actual work. I'm leaning toward starting with a white label agency, and then slowly adding freelancers and developing my systems. Either way, I want my time to be focused on getting sales, not in doing the work. However, I do want to be involved and know what's going on with the work so that I can insure we are delivering value to our clients.

Anyway, while I'm searching for a good white label agency and/or freelancers, I'll be building up my website, filing the LLC app, opening bank accounts, ordering biz cards, etc. I'm targeting July 1 to be all set with the basic necessities and begin seeking sales!

Plan for generating sales is to focus primarily on networking events. I may do some cold emailing and the like, but I really think that people do business with people they know, like & trust, and you develop that rapport best by meeting face-to-face. At these events, however, my goal is NOT to sell! I'm there to be a person of value. I want to get to know others' businesses, and what it is they need help with. As I grow my network, it's likely that I'll be able to recommend someone who can help them with their needs. Obviously if they say they need help with their online marketing, I'll give my pitch. But the main point is just to become known as the guy who helps others. Basically paying it forward. I think then if they, or someone else they meet, needs help with online marketing, I'll be top of mind. If not, that's no big deal, either!

Another advantage I see to networking is the chance to meet like-minded individuals. You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with, as they say. So even if someone brings me 0 business, they may become a friend and an accountability partner that helps me level-up.

Okay, time to get to work!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.