The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Starting a Dietary Supplement Business

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Simple Tycoon

New Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Over the last year I developed my own natural supplement mixture to help me mentally and physically power though my workday. After taking this supplement for a number of months, I feel like it would be a great addition to what's currently on the market. I was previously deterred from entering this industry due to the heavy lifting required from a marketing perspective, but with this product, my strategy is to market it to the people who work in my profession. The niche would be pretty small, but if I come to market with a quality product, there is a good chance of appealing to a broader audience.

When looking for a contract manufacturer, I came across a company called NutraCap Labs that offers custom formulations at very low minimums. I am not sure how reliable they are, but I may get started with them, then scale up with another company when I start making sales.

Does anyone have experience with marketing a niche supplement like this? I appreciate any guidance offered on this subject.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Working.zeal

PARKED
Oct 15, 2020
Over the last year I developed my own natural supplement mixture to help me mentally and physically power though my workday. After taking this supplement for a number of months, I feel like it would be a great addition to what's currently on the market. I was previously deterred from entering this industry due to the heavy lifting required from a marketing perspective, but with this product, my strategy is to market it to the people who work in my profession. The niche would be pretty small, but if I come to market with a quality product, there is a good chance of appealing to a broader audience.

When looking for a contract manufacturer, I came across a company called NutraCap Labs that offers custom formulations at very low minimums. I am not sure how reliable they are, but I may get started with them, then scale up with another company when I start making sales.

Does anyone have experience with marketing a niche supplement like this? I appreciate any guidance offered on this subject.
Thats good. Keep adding value on the product.

BarKogan$

Contributor
Sep 29, 2020

Good job, Keep it up

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
@Eskil @JasonR I believe were in this space, maybe they can chime in.

I generally don't like the supplement space because it is easily knocked off, but if you have something unique and proprietary, I would go for it. EXPERIENCE is always good! It's possible to make a few million before the competition catches up, by then, your brand is established.

Having a business in supplements will also FORCE you to learn marketing.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States

No personal experience in supps.

Logically though, a good first step would be to get credible data showing this works.

Based on the OP, it sounds like you yourself have taken this for a few months... and that's it.

Anything proprietary about this? Or as soon as you open for business, can I knock you off in a week after reading your ingredient list?

Simple Tycoon

New Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
I generally don't like the supplement space because it is easily knocked off, but if you have something unique and proprietary, I would go for it. EXPERIENCE is always good! It's possible to make a few million before the competition catches up, by then, your brand is established.
Thanks for the insight. I definitely think the product can make a decent impact in such a niche market. I'm counting on my target market being big enough to sustain a profitable company, but small enough to not attract the bigger fish of the supplement industry.

Simple Tycoon

New Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Anything proprietary about this? Or as soon as you open for business, can I knock you off in a week after reading your ingredient list?
Yes, the formula is proprietary based on the ratios of each ingredient included in the product. I know many companies have chosen to hide their ingredients list behind a "proprietary blend", but this is generally frowned upon from the average consumer. I am still weighing that option though.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom