The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Starting a clothing line

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Does anyone have experience starting a clothing line? How do you trademark, how much money does one need, where to begin?

I know jay-z patented his "jay-z blue" color. How does one go about doing something like that?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

FT1

New Contributor
Aug 15, 2007
Rawr,

I just Googled how to start a clothing line? and there are blogs and articles on the topic, that may answer some of your questions. Also, here's the link to the US patent office. Hopefully someone here in the Fastlane can answer you directly but google may be a good place to start.

Fred

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
Rawr,

Your best bet is to first come up with the idea in how you want your product to look, and what your target market is. There are many types of clothes for many different types of people. You then want to find yourself a supplier/manufacturer to make a sample for you so that you can see if its up to your standards in terms of quality.

I have experience in importing, so if you have any further questions, I can try and help you the best way I can.

Feel free to send me a private message as well.

MP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I bought 4 of his courses about freelancing / copywriting. I'm halfway through the first. The...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom