The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Starting a cleaning business

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Cool_Llama

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Nov 10, 2019
Dallas, TX
Hi @Tubs

I also do TaskRabbit. It’s the best gig app on the market. Let me know if you need help with TaskRabbit. I’ve been on it since 2019 and I’m an Elite Tasker.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marzook

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORGE (NORWAY)

Marzook

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORGE (NORWAY)
have you considered branching to window washing? or do you need more equipment for that first

Private Witt

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

OMJ

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2020
have you considered branching to window washing? or do you need more equipment for that first
He just needs a chamois, think of the ROI on that.

I bought the rake for $13 and in the last 4 days I've used it to make $500. That's a 3,800% return in just 4 days!

Or he could just rip off a strip from his leather pants.
Although I believe Crockett preferred silk.

Now that would be a value skew

Miami Vice Cleaning
Your tubs
Smooth as Silk

Opens up cooperation possibilities with Thai Airways.

For international jobs

Do ladders have to be checked or are they carry on?

Of course he'll use the Ferrari for Interstate jobs

Provided he can find a suitable ladder rack

Ferraris are rated for towing in the States aren't they?

Marzook

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORGE (NORWAY)
He just needs a chamois, think of the ROI on that.

Or he could just rip off a strip from his leather pants.
Although I believe Crockett preferred silk.

Now that would be a value skew

Miami Vice Cleaning
Your tubs
Smooth as Silk

Opens up cooperation possibilities with Thai Airways.

For international jobs

Do ladders have to be checked or are they carry on?

Of course he'll use the Ferrari for Interstate jobs

Provided he can find a suitable ladder rack

Ferraris are rated for towing in the States aren't they?
you forgot jan hammer doing the musical intros and outros and interludes

Tubs

Starting fresh
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Update:
Week of 12/6 - 12/12

Hours worked: 42
Earnings: $1,172.

My $13 rake was a great investment, but it ended up snapping in half while I was raking a particularly large pile of leaves. I ended up replacing it with two nicer rakes and I'm planning on buying some hedge cutters tomorrow for a job someone booked.

Most of the work I got was leaf raking and removal, with bits of cleaning and other yard work sprinkled in. I increased my hourly rate from $26 to $32 over the course of the week for yard work and from $23 to $25 for home cleaning. I'm still getting a ton of bookings, so I'll see how it goes and I'll continue to adjust my pricing accordingly.

Overall I'm thinking of turning my focus entirely towards yard work. I'm finding it to be much more lucrative than the house cleaning, and with less headaches overall.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
Overall I'm thinking of turning my focus entirely towards yard work. I'm finding it to be much more lucrative than the house cleaning, and with less headaches overall.
You don't need the owner to be in for starters, so as your customer numbers build you can start to optimise your daily routes.

Dan

Primeperiwinkle

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
Babyyyyyyy!! I said we'd be fans once you made somethin happen and now I'm baaaack!

YOU ARE DOING AMAZING!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!!! Yay dude!! Yay!!!

Melv

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Aug 22, 2020
France
Hello,

First of all, congratulations to you for taking the step.
I am currently, as you were, an aspiring entrepreneur.

A small question like that, have you thought of offering mowing services with these famous autonomous robots?
(I'm talking about mowing the lawn) *

I am in the middle of thinking about offering services like you!

On this good day to you

Tubs

Starting fresh
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Babyyyyyyy!! I said we'd be fans once you made somethin happen and now I'm baaaack!

YOU ARE DOING AMAZING!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!!! Yay dude!! Yay!!!
Thanks for the support, I'm getting excited to see where I can take this. Maybe next fastlane summit I'll have something to present.
Hello,

First of all, congratulations to you for taking the step.
I am currently, as you were, an aspiring entrepreneur.

A small question like that, have you thought of offering mowing services with these famous autonomous robots?
(I'm talking about mowing the lawn) *

I am in the middle of thinking about offering services like you!

On this good day to you
Interesting idea, I've looked at it a little bit. I don't really think the tech is there yet for it to be viable for a business at this point. Maybe sometime in the future.

Melv

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Aug 22, 2020
France
Thanks for the support, I'm getting excited to see where I can take this. Maybe next fastlane summit I'll have something to present.

Interesting idea, I've looked at it a little bit. I don't really think the tech is there yet for it to be viable for a business at this point. Maybe sometime in the future.
I see.

And did you have any knowledge, any experience in the field?
Or did you just go for it?

Tubs

Starting fresh
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I see.

And did you have any knowledge, any experience in the field?
Or did you just go for it?
Just went for it. There is an app called taskrabbit that you can get jobs through, I signed up with that. I didn't have any tools when I started. I was using my customers rakes lol. Now I've got a couple of rakes, a cheap blower, and some clippers for trimming trees and bushes. I'm 100% reliant on task rabbit at the moment, but I'll fix that in due time.

I spent the last 3 years as a wantrepreneur, I needed something that I could just sink my teeth into as fast as possible to start making real steps towards entrepreneurship. My advice is to just get started with something and work your way up from there, something that I could get immediate feedback from was best for me at this point in time.

Tubs

Starting fresh
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I ended December with very nice earnings of $3700 for the month.
I went from a guy who was barely making $15/hr doing uber eats part time. To someone who makes $35/hr, consistently doing around 40hours a week. Not too shabby

It feels great as that's the most I've ever earned in a single month by a longshot.

However a little after the start of January I ended up catching covid, so I've had to quarantine for the last week. Of course this is going to kill my earnings for the month, along with the weather making my main niche of gardening basically inaccessible. I've thought more deeply on this service business over the past week, and I figure I'll keep it going to stack some cash as my "Specialized Labor," but I won't be scaling it into a venture with employees and all that.

I'm already in the planning stages of a much more scalable and exciting venture that I'll use this one to fund. I've also made a habit of starting to study new skills like digital marketing in my free time. I'll post a thread about it once things are more concrete.

Thanks for following along in this thread everyone. Even though what I've done so far has been pretty small, I feel like I've finally managed to take my first step into entrepreneurship.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore