The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Start a biz just to gain momentum?

michael515

Contributor
Aug 27, 2007
Would anyone suggest starting a small internet business just to take action and get some momentum going?

I think I've fallen into analysis paralysis and I'm thinking of taking a decent idea and building a website and just getting going on a small scale. I'm thinking internet because it could be fast and cheap to setup and build initially. I've had some web business' before.

I think my biggest problem is that I've learned so much I feel that I am trying to find the ultimate opportunity and I am getting impatient.

Am I foolish? Is this impatience normal or a characteristic of a serial entrepreneur?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Well, I wanted to just get something started because I was sick of wasting time. I'm now in the process of looking for suppliers; I'm drawing up a presentation/plan to send to them.

The idea isn't something that'll make me loaded, but it's a step in the right direction and certainly an improvement over nothing. As long as it won't deter you from your ultimate goal or plan, I don't see any harm in it.

Do you have a long term plan for yourself? Maybe that's a better question...come up with a plan and see what steps you need to take to get yourself on that path.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I think my biggest problem is that I've learned so much I feel that I am trying to find the ultimate opportunity and I am getting impatient.
Get started. It's a myth that the "right" idea makes the difference. The ultimate opportunity comes more in the middle of the process than at the beginning.

Exodia

PARKED
Sep 20, 2007
Hey michael515 there.

I did the same thing i started a business just to get momentum.
I learn ALLOT from it. See you can read allot but there allot of thing you will not learn in book you have to get out there and test the waters. My business is built on trust and networking allot and lots of patients with customer but it worth it.
Keep your head up michael515.

santiago

Contributor
Aug 20, 2007

Am I foolish? Is this impatience normal or a characteristic of a serial entrepreneur?
You don't need the ultimate opportunity - just recognizing that there ARE opportunities and capitalizing (acting) on them puts you ahead of 90% of people out there.

If you have experience in internet businesses and see this as a future for you - then I say go for it. You'll learn a lot and perhaps this will turn into a great opportunity for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom