• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

RANT Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Richie Rich, Dec 16, 2017.

1. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,053
    I'd watch it if I was 10

2. nordien1978

nordien1978 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $177
    Disney Lucas - Star Wars is subverted by the politics of the day, bad writing and Feminist politics which is not needed.

View: https://youtu.be/e4oHdhX_vUI

It does makes sense why Luke was portrayed as a weak old grumpy man, kennedy and johnson portrayel of Luke.

The force is not female nor male it is the force....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  3. Richie Rich

Richie Rich Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $469
    I'm guessing they're appealing to the kids/younger demographic, as that seems to be the direction they are taking the new films. Definitely not my cup of tea, but they'll get viewers based on the Star Wars branding/association alone. I'm still on the fence about seeing Episode IX when it comes out. I keep hearing rumors about casting, creative direction and whatnot, but for me (and a lot of other people), the damage has been done.

nordien1978 likes this.
  4. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,053
    JJ Abrams(MI:III, Star Trek, Super 8,Lost, The Force Awakens) is back to writing/directing Episode IX. So at least expect his hyper fast pacing(The Force Awakens is one of his better paced movies but weaker ones narratively) . Chris Terrio(Argo, Batman v Superman, Justice League) is cowriting Episode IX though O_O

They should get more auteur directors doing Star Wars.

My list of Star Wars directors:
    Brad Bird(The Incredibles, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol)
    Denis Villenevue(Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049)
    James Cameron(Aliens, Terminator 2, Titanic)
    Steven Spielberg
    Peter Jackson(The Lord of the Rings)
    David Fincher(Se7en, Fight Club, The Social Network)
    Danny Boyle(Steve Jobs, 28 Days Later, Slumdog Millionaire)
    Ang Lee(Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Life of Pi)
    Paul Thomas Anderson(There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights)
    Guillermo Del Toro(Hellboy, Pacific Rim, Shape of Water)
    The Russo Brothers(Captain America, Avengers:Infinity War)
    Jon Favreu(Elf, Iron Man)
    Doug Lima(The Bourne Identity, Edge of Tomorrow)
    Martin Scorcese(Taxi Driver, The Departed)
    Chris Lord and Phil Miller(21 and 22 Jump Street)
    Francis Ford Coppola(The Godfather, Apocolypse Now)
    Christopher McQuarrie(Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Mission Impossible:Fallout)
    Brian DePalma(Carrie, Scarface, Mission Impossible)

Richie Rich likes this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $396,064
    Admin Post
    Let's hope IX is not a 2 hour movie on 9 different SJW narratives. I don't have high expectations assuming Kathleen Kennedy still has her fingerprints on it.

6. DealsLibrary

DealsLibrary New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $37
    Well, I did get pretty pumped about Palpatine's laugh at the end. I'll give it to Disney, they know how to stir the inner Star Wars nerd/child inside me in trailers...now let's hope that carries into the movie itself finally. Very, very cautiously optimistic. Or, maybe simply "skeptical" is the best word to describe how I feel about this movie.

Scot and DrWumbo like this.
  7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $396,064
    Admin Post
    That's a theatrical trick, I forgot what it's called, a "call back" or something. It was mentioned in this thread already, I just can't remember the official term. It's designed to rile up people like me who think the new series suck, so they link to something in the "old" series (which carries more lore and loyalty) to draw up intrigue and nostalgia.

daivey, Raoul Duke, Roli and 5 others like this.
  8. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,276
    Just when i thought i was out... they pull me back in.
    goddamn it! that laugh in the end literally resurrected the franchise for 1 more attempt at the home plate.
    and the music was epic.

The midiclorians just wouldn't let star wars die.

ZF Lee likes this.
  9. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,443
    If the folks followed strictly to the Expanded Universe comics, Palpatine did resurrect a few times.

And yes, it does bring more tales to the table.

I'm curious why the folks didn't go ahead and put the comics into the movies, instead of pushing everything in from scratch, and doing funny things.

There are plenty of things in the comics that don't scream SCRIPTED or SJW.

TheCj likes this.
  10. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Call it. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,625
  11. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $185,906
    Well that opening scene made no sense. Is she trying to hitch a ride off the planet?

daivey, Roz, ZF Lee and 1 other person like this.
  12. Himanshu Gajwani

Himanshu Gajwani New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $17
    I hope they answered how did Maz get Luke’s lightsaber?

upload_2019-4-15_18-19-46.png

13. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,930
    I loved all the JJ Abrams collabs with Star Wars. It was 10 x better than the 3 films before it (with the exception of the Clone Wars).

My only concern with the franchise when Disney took over was the nightmare prospect of Elton John writing songs for the films. That hasn't happened (yet) so life is good.

14. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,930
    They're gonna smash $10bn in box office ticket and merchandise sales for 2019: Captain America, Avengers Endgame, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Star Wars and Frozen 2.

15. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $396,064
    Admin Post
    Kinda like gravity in space? Kinda like having a random planet nearby to escape to? Kinda like Leia using the force in open space? Kinda like a Star Destroyer who can't "catch up" to the escaping Rebel ship who is running out of gas and with no light space ability? I think you forget, for Star Wars to be enjoyable you have to suspend your intelligence including rational, logical thinking-- and a whole lot of other things you learned about science in the 10th grade. There's science-fiction and there's science-OMFG-are-you-kidding-me?

Bradley R and luniac like this.
  16. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $185,906
    When I wrote that post I was thinking if any of the original 3 movies had any really bad unbelievable action scenes.

I don’t remember any characters doing crazy jumps. Having the force didn’t make Luke into a super hero. But now Rey can run and jump onto a moving airplane.

Fast and Furious is more realistic! Lol

lowtek and TheCj like this.
  17. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,172
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::happy::playful:

I just died.

18. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,471
    Well against my better judgement I watched that trailer. What a steaming load of crap.

For some reason I still want to see it, maybe just because it has the name Star Wars attached to it. I have semi-learned my lesson though. I am going to wait at least 2 weeks and read the reviews first.

daivey likes this.
  19. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,276
    In return of the jedi, luke did a big jump in the Sarlacc scene i think.

20. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,347
    I'm not mad about it like most of the fandom has been since The Phantom Menance. 1999! Star Wars fans have been on terminal Pepto Bismol for 20 years now.

Anyway, I say this as the guy who constantly says that episodes 6 (Return) and 3 (Revenge) are under-rated experiences.

But I watched the first JJ Wars and couldn't get into it. It wasn't because it was stupid or any "loglcal flaws" (imagine criticizing a movie for this...)

I just didn't know what was going on or why I should care. It was just a bunch of stuff happening, and it just happened that some of the people it happened to had the same names as characters in the original films.

All that magic that made episode IV ("Star Wars") so interesting and Empire Strikes Back so compelling just wasn't there.

It could have been an interesting premise if it had any remote connection to the original films. All I saw was a bunch of vague thematic connections to an otherwise schizophrenic, and largely dull, collection of special effects set pieces.

I stopped there, and I get the feeling I'm glad for sticking to that decision.

TheCj likes this.
  21. BellaPippin

BellaPippin Enough snacking on mediocrity. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,333
    Now that they've unlocked the "use lightspeed to hit ships" skill that ruins the whole entire lore of the previous movies, this is gonna get fun (?)

I hate how Leia and even Padme were strong women of morals who overcame obstacles while Rey is a total Mary Sue and she has no character development at all. She's perfect and overpowered from the beginning for no reason at all. "Oh look I can use the Force" "Oh look I can beat anyone even though I have absolute no training in using the Force or lightsabers"
    "Han Solo died, hug me instead of Chewbacca even though I met him like, yesterday"

jon2089 and Sheps like this.
  22. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $9,053

Han Solo : Look, Your Worshipfulness, let's get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: me.

Princess Leia Organa : It's a wonder you're still alive.

[Pushing past Chewbacca]

Princess Leia Organa : Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?

Han Solo : No reward is worth this.

BellaPippin likes this.
  23. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $9,053
    For some reason you look like a brown hair Vanessa Kirby in that pic

[​IMG]

BellaPippin likes this.
  24. nordien1978

nordien1978 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $177
    I am not going to watch this in the Cinema....(Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge)
    Episode 8 TLJ with (Ruin Johnson) killed any excitement for Episode IX.
    There should be a thesis how to kill a franchise by Disney and Lucas Arts.

daivey and TheCj like this.
  25. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,777
    I'm praying for this. I like how they answered a lot of our complaints and turned the story into something that would actually be awesome.

nordien1978 likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.