The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Speedpitching Event - Ideas, Suggestions...

Idea threads

liv42dy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 6, 2007
I was approached last night by a Board member of the Motion Picture Association of Utah, asking if I could help him organize a Speedpitching-type Event for local filmmakers. He would really like to connect these filmmakers with investors, distributors, directors, editors, etc. to help them get their projects off the ground. Funny thing is, that's the Mission of my company as well.
  • The things we would need to educate the investors on are: the film industry, how a distributor works, risk factors, and the American Jobs Creation Act.
  • The things we would need to educate filmmakers on are: Presenting their management team and their track records, market and industry statistics, competition statistics, and "traction" (i.e. Letters of Intent from distributors or key cast members/personnel) -- not just pitch their idea.
How do we educate the investors about investing in the film industry (and still get them to invest), and how do we prepare the filmmakers to make their presentations to not only investors, but producers, directors, etc? Also, what seems reasonable to charge for such a service?

I'm also thinking about inviting investors, producers, directors, etc to the event via webcam, so that out-of-towners would have the opportunity to contribute as well.

(BTW, the film industry in Utah is not just about the "Mormon" scene. Local filmmakers have pumped over $250 million into the Utah economy. Lots of Disney movies being filmmed here, as well as television series.)

Any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
My first thought is about showing success; what movies have been made there in Utah, and what scenes stand out in everyone's mind? What is going to grab everyone's attention and what can you show them?

liv42dy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 6, 2007
Any other thoughts on organizing such an event, and educating filmmakers?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.