The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sourcing genuine designer clothing!!!

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

efcno1fan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 20, 2013
Liverpool,UK
Hi does anybody have anyway idea of where designer stores source there products from?

I have looked on linked-in and searched many Google pages but have yet to come across anything valuable

I wish to source brands like hugo boss , polo etc all current season stock

any help would be appreciated ? :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SportsFan438

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 24, 2012
My guess would be direct from the manufactures. When there is no middle man they can offer the clothes at better prices. If you want to find out what the process is of getting an account I would email the manufactures customer service or call them. I would imagine the higher end brands would be hard to get, especially without a physical store, but you may be able to get some others to begin with.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I would imagine that the problem with this, just like a few other products, is that the manufacture is going to require larger orders than a smaller store is going to make. When we used to source products from manufactures you had to make a minimum order and for some of the brands you had to sell x amount of product per month to be able to order straight from them. This was not in clothing but I imagine that the clothing manufactures are the same.

JoelA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 29, 2011
I have learned that most of the companies that supply the big brands are also for hire by other companies. The company that manufactures my shirts also does for a lot of big brands as well. Alibaba is where I found them.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
efcno1fan - Are you looking for actual designer clothing or are you looking for the same designs without the name?

I based my response on if you were looking for actual designer clothing. If you are just looking for the style I would take JoelA advice and try sources from Alibaba.

efcno1fan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 20, 2013
Liverpool,UK
thanks for all replies.....

I was really looking on finding top brand designer clothing ....

i think the best thing i can do is follow SportsFan438 advice and contact these designer companies directly as i have yet to find legitimate distrubutors near me

i have dabbled with alibaba and taobao which are great sites but are near impossible to find legit branded items :)

i

pascal1234

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 10, 2012
well, once I was in a 3rd world country and wanted to import stuff from Switzerland (premium brands). So actually I got some responses. My advice is to make a short description of your company (when you are new - think about your UPS). Then contact the companies. Especially if you are an area that is not covered by big outlets etc. you would have a good point to make. You may also have some new distribution model - but be aware that most of the high level brands are very cautious how they are distributed and promoted in the market.

Eg. if you contact LV and you "pitch" to them that you have this nice online shop etc. - well it will most probably not work. Also think about the returns etc. and make sure you can control the quality first. You do not want to order stuff that is 2-4 quality...

Don1988

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 20, 2015
hongkong
Hi does anybody have anyway idea of where designer stores source there products from?

I have looked on linked-in and searched many Google pages but have yet to come across anything valuable

I wish to source brands like hugo boss , polo etc all current season stock

any help would be appreciated ? :D
taobao.com it is chinese ebay ,but there is a lot of replica goods

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!