The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sorry, But MJ (or the forum) Can't Make Your Life Decisions For You!!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'll chime in here a bit...

My business only started improving when I said, 'screw what all of you think, I'm going to do what I think is best for my business.' EVEN THOUGH it went against conventional wisdom, and what I knew to be the 'correct' decision.

Before that moment, I was trying to do things based on what all the experts 'out there' thought about my business. Doing this, though, I was giving up my strength by not being fully engaged in my business. Business and life takes full engagement, not half-hearted attempts. It requires good decisions for the majority of the hundreds of decisions we make each day. The only way for those decisions to work is to be fully engaged, committed and in control of what you're doing.

Not that you shouldn't ask for advice. You should. But, take the advice and then make your own decision.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
I'll chime in here a bit...

My business only started improving when I said, 'screw what all of you think, I'm going to do what I think is best for my business.' EVEN THOUGH it went against conventional wisdom, and what I knew to be the 'correct' decision.

Before that moment, I was trying to do things based on what all the experts 'out there' thought about my business. Doing this, though, I was giving up my strength by not being fully engaged in my business. Business and life takes full engagement, not half-hearted attempts. It requires good decisions for the majority of the hundreds of decisions we make each day. The only way for those decisions to work is to be fully engaged, committed and in control of what you're doing.

Not that you shouldn't ask for advice. You should. But, take the advice and then make your own decision.

The book Originals: How Non-conformists move the world by Adam Grant and Sheryl Sandberg would support your approach, Jon L. The book is all about successes that went against conventional wisdom.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
lil wayne said it best; repetition, repetition, repetition

this forum can't provide you with any of that

4x4ord

It's all about freedom
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 28, 2015
The book Originals: How Non-conformists move the world by Adam Grant and Sheryl Sandberg would support your approach, Jon L. The book is all about successes that went against conventional wisdom.

I just finished this book and highly recommend it.

GuestUser153

New Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Lagos
I'm starting to receive a lot of emails, and even messages on this forum that request advice on major, life-changing decisions ... as if, I, and the forum, holds some type of crystal ball that knows the right decision for your life, your family, and your happiness.

Do I quit my job?
Do I move across the country?
Do I build the website myself? Or outsource?
Do I risk going into business with Joe Blow or stay in school?
Do I start this business? Or that business?
Do I wipe my a$$ with scented toilet paper or not?
Do I do this?
Do I do that?

Folks, I don't know!

I can't make these decisions for you.

The forum cannot make these decisions for you.

Everyone is different and only you know you. Some people are dealmakers. Some are introverts. Some are networkers. Some are analytical geniuses.

And yet, please understand that every decision of major consequence in your life carries with it RISK. And yet, RISK is fundamental to the Fastlane because it is the ROAD LESS TRAVELED and often involves sacrifice, and hard-work beyond the "well-traveled" road.

You have to do what is right for YOU and what YOU think will make you happy. And guess what? For some folks, that just might be a Slowlane -- no worries -- life is about happiness and being resolute in your dreams and goals. Whatever path you take, understand that everything extraordinary in life often involved an extraordinary risk.

If you are having trouble making a big decision in your life, I suggest you use the WADM decision matrix that I have used so many times in my life.

Got a Tough Choice? HelpMyDecision.com Helps You Make Better Decisions!

I have been HAPPY in every decision this matrix solved for me.

So to sum it up, I don't know if you should quit college.
I don't know if you should quit your job.
I don't know if you should move to another country.
I don't know if you should quit that business and start another.
I don't know if you should piss-off your parents and do what they don't want.
I don't know if you should learn how to code, or just partner.

And sadly,
the forum doesn't know if you should quit your job.
the forum doesn't know if you should move to another country.
the forum doesn't know if you should quit that business and start another.
the forum doesn't know if you should piss-off your parents and do what they don't want.
the forum doesn't know if you should learn how to code, or just partner.

While I'm flattered that I am asked about such big decisions, my answers are automatically BIASED based on my life experience. The forum responds in the same fashion.

This does not guarantee you will get a good answer based on what is best for YOU.

Take a deep breath, and ask yourself ... What is going to make me happy not just this week, but over the long term? Should you be blessed with another 40 years of life, is this the path you want to take? And remember, not all of life is rainbows and unicorns, the challenging path is the path of growth.

As for my take on decisions, you should already know what my answer will be ... the Fastlane path. But again, that is ME.

I am not you.

You may possess other strengths, talents, and attributes that make the other answer, BETTER.

:cool: :pompus:

Good luck and happy decision-making!

Great post sir

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Somewhat OFF TOPIC but needs mentioning: If you come here looking to ask me questions about a company I started in the Clinton Administration, it will be deleted. It's irrelevant. I didn't write The Millionaire Fastlane so you can dissect, piece by piece, how the company worked, how the company made money, how exactly I did this, did that, all so you can copy the same model thinking you can rewrite a story which was written years ago ...

I prefer to let ancient history remain ancient.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Somewhat OFF TOPIC but needs mentioning: If you come here looking to ask me questions about a company I started in the Clinton Administration, it will be deleted. It's irrelevant.

For the reader next year he is referring to Bill.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Somewhat OFF TOPIC but needs mentioning: If you come here looking to ask me questions about a company I started in the Clinton Administration, it will be deleted. It's irrelevant. I didn't write The Millionaire Fastlane so you can dissect, piece by piece, how the company worked, how the company made money, how exactly I did this, did that, all so you can copy the same model thinking you can rewrite a story which was written years ago ...

I prefer to let ancient history remain ancient.

Yeah yeah yeah. So anyway, I am thinking about starting a car and driver referral service. Like limos.com, but only with cars and private individuals that will use an app. So how exactly did you get advertisers?

JWN

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2016
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland
I'm starting to receive a lot of emails, and even messages on this forum that request advice on major, life-changing decisions ... as if, I, and the forum, holds some type of crystal ball that knows the right decision for your life, your family, and your happiness.

Do I quit my job?
Do I do this?
Do I do that?

Folks, I don't know!

Everyone is different and only you know you. Some people are dealmakers. Some are introverts. Some are networkers. Some are analytical geniuses.

And yet, please understand that every decision of major consequence in your life carries with it RISK. And yet, RISK is fundamental to the Fastlane because it is the ROAD LESS TRAVELED and often involves sacrifice, and hard-work beyond the "well-traveled" road.

You have to do what is right for YOU and what YOU think will make you happy. And guess what? For some folks, that just might be a Slowlane -- no worries -- life is about happiness and being resolute in your dreams and goals. Whatever path you take, understand that everything extraordinary in life often involved an extraordinary risk.

If you are having trouble making a big decision in your life, I suggest you use the WADM decision matrix that I have used so many times in my life.

And sadly,
the forum doesn't know if you should piss-off your parents and do what they don't want.

While I'm flattered that I am asked about such big decisions, my answers are automatically BIASED based on my life experience. The forum responds in the same fashion.

This does not guarantee you will get a good answer based on what is best for YOU.

Take a deep breath, and ask yourself ... What is going to make me happy not just this week, but over the long term? Should you be blessed with another 40 years of life, is this the path you want to take? And remember, not all of life is rainbows and unicorns, the challenging path is the path of growth.

As for my take on decisions, you should already know what my answer will be ... the Fastlane path. But again, that is ME.

I am not you.

You may possess other strengths, talents, and attributes that make the other answer, BETTER.

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
MJ, you are right: only I know me and what makes me happy: vegan bodybuilding and sex with woman i love. It that wrong? That is me. I am not hurting anyone. But I am always thinking about what I can do to help people about money being debt and causing the most trouble in life. We are all slaves to it I believe. WE cannot do much without money. I think about creating a new money, or educating others than we should distribute the money available to all people equally. Or maybe we should start sharing more and using money less. I am confused and tired with everyone telling me how to live my one life. I am a single 40 year old dad
that loves working out and sex. I cannot forget what you said in your book about doing only one thing: eat, sleep, XXXX that one thing. I originally published a magazine in 2008 about bodybuilding and sexy Asian ladies. Now that I have 2 unsuccessful marriages I what to love many woman and sell my magazines online. Jay

aAuBT9tWRw6BWzd3g1kO_Confused%20Ryan%20Office.gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
MJ, you are right: only I know me and what makes me happy: vegan bodybuilding and sex with woman i love. It that wrong? That is me. I am not hurting anyone. But I am always thinking about what I can do to help people about money being debt and causing the most trouble in life. We are all slaves to it I believe. WE cannot do much without money. I think about creating a new money, or educating others than we should distribute the money available to all people equally. Or maybe we should start sharing more and using money less. I am confused and tired with everyone telling me how to live my one life. I am a single 40 year old dad
that loves working out and sex. I cannot forget what you said in your book about doing only one thing: eat, sleep, XXXX that one thing. I originally published a magazine in 2008 about bodybuilding and sexy Asian ladies. Now that I have 2 unsuccessful marriages I what to love many woman and sell my magazines online. Jay

Weed, eh?

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide

Do I quit my job?
Do I do this?
Do I do that?

Folks, I don't know!

And sadly,

I am not you.

Alright guys, I haven’t been on here in a while because I’ve had a lot going on recently (unfortunately, it’s been job related, and not so much my own entrepreneurial endeavors). What I’m about to share here some of you may not agree with, and perhaps you’d be in the right. Others of you may think what I did was acceptable and okay, maybe even the right move (me)?

As someone who has only recently had my cherry popped, as far as discovering the Fastlane goes, I’ve really become fascinated with the idea of becoming a young millionaire. Right now, I guess you could say I’m in the learning phase of doing what I want to do, and I don’t plan on making any kind of money for at least a year.

I’ve always been in love with the idea of just quitting your job and going for whatever it is you want to go for. I guess that’s why I made this crazy decision.

You see, I’m in the Navy, and it’s hard being in the Navy and ALSO being a member of the Fastlane Forum.

All these ideas I hear on the forum about being free, doing whatever the F*ck you want, and breaking out of the slavery of the slow lane, they’re enough to make you lick your lips with lust.

The Navy is the epitome of the slow lane. How many times a day do I hear: “it’s a steady paycheck, 401K (they call it the Thrift Saving Plan in the Navy), benefits, security, can’t wait until Friday.”

You can imagine, I walk through the ship cringing quite often. Some people I really try to get through to, because I see potential in them, I see them being one of you guys, but others? It’s pointless.

They think I’M crazy for not wanting to Re-Enlist, “what are you going to do for money? Will you have free Medical like you do in the military?”

Anyway, it got to the point where it just became too much. It’s almost impossible to get anything done in the Navy. Just when you start to get something going, like making phone calls to build a buyers list, writing a first novel, or taking a marketing course online, you have to go out to sea for two weeks to a month.

In port, outside of the regular work week, you have to stand a duty day on the ship, which will fall on a Saturday and a Sunday twice a month. So for an ENTIRE day, you can’t leave the ship (if you do you’re in big trouble).

If you value your time, this will kill you inside. There’s no internet on the ship, and shitty cell phone service. I’ll usually just spend any free time I have—which is very little—writing my novel or reading a book. But most of the time, I have to do it in short bursts because I’ll get tasked with some menial task like taking out my Department Head’s trash.

For two years I put up with this shit. Going out to sea, duty days, shitty food, four hour watches at two in the morning, thousands of ridiculous rules, saluting pencil dick officers, taking orders from retards, and being bombarded like an ISIS cave, with slow lane mentality. On top of that, they recently extended our working hours.

After two years of going out to sea, and even a seven month long deployment to the Middle East, I finally said I had enough.

It was the last underway of the year, after that we wouldn’t be going out to sea again for six months because we’d be going to the ship yards, which is where the ship goes through a long period of serious repair.

When I woke up that morning, I had no idea that I was going to do what I was going to do. When I got to the ship, I hated everyone’s faces, just looking at them made me angry. There were full grown men who outranked me, acting like they were middle schoolers, it was HOT, it was humid, and there was toxic smoke all throughout the air. A girl I had asked out the Friday before, who had told me no, had spread the word to her friends, and they were all giggling.

Finally, just as I was standing there fuming, someone came up to me and said:

“Sins (not my real last name lol), go take out the trash.”

That was it.

“With pleasure,” I said.

The ship was about to leave in an hour, it was now or never. I grabbed my laptop, the only thing I needed, stuffed it into the garbage bag (so I wouldn’t arouse suspicion), and walked off the ship.

At this point, there was no plan, other than doing something so crazy, it would get me kicked out of the military.

I booked a plane ticket to Aruba, and left the next day. I picked up some weed while I was there. It was a really nice time. My trip there consisted of reading, writing my novel, taking a copywriting course, diving, going to the beach, talking to some local girls (didn’t get laid unfortunately), and smoking a shit load of weed.

I had to come back though. Being gone for 30 days would have made me a deserter, which can get you in BIG trouble. I just did my 10 days, and came back to the ship. That was the hardest part.

I got a lot of different reactions when I got back:

“Dude, that’s the most savage story I’ve ever heard!”

“What the hell were you thinking?” They’d say, shaking their heads. “You’re going to be a bum when you get out.” Well, they didn’t say those EXACT words lol, but the way they said it, you could tell that’s what they meant.

Others didn’t think it was my smartest move, but knew I would “excel”—to quote one of my good friends—on the outside.

Finally, I had to face the Captain. Apparently, the whole ship was looking for me because they thought I had gone overboard. So, the Captain gave me 45 days of Restriction, which is pretty much extra chores and dirty work, I can’t leave the ship, I can’t use any electronic devices, I have to muster up in uniform 6 times a day, I’m surrounded by a bunch of delinquents, and I have to wear this red badge across my chest. On top of that, he bumped me down in rank, and cut THAT pay in half for a month. AND…I’m getting kicked out of the military with an Other Than Honorable Discharge. I want to say “ouch,” but that was the plan all along, stupid or not.

So that’s where I’m at now. I’ve managed to sneak onto a computer and write this because I’m still on my 4th day of Restriction. I’ll be getting kicked to the curb, and processed out in roughly two months. With the money I have saved up I can go anywhere in the world.

I may have to work a job until I can get my ideas off the ground (I actually have a really profitable idea I’ve been working on for a while now, more to come later on that), but no job would be a fraction of how bad this job was.

So there it is. I managed to quit my job in the military, and will be hungry and on the streets soon enough with my Other Than Honorable Discharge.

I actually wanted to ask your guys’ opinion about this BEFORE I did it, because I had been entertaining the idea for a while, I just had no idea I would actually do it.

However, after reading MJ’s post about making your own decisions, and not counting on other people to make them for you, especially the big ones, I knew that I was the only one who could make this call. After all, I’m the only one who really knows my situation.

So far, I believe I’ve made the right decision. Why? Because I’d do it again if the Captain changed his mind.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts? Good or bad, just be honest.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere

Since you asked. Pretty dumb in my opinion. You left your ship for 10 days to go to Aruba and smoke weed, talk to girls, go diving, and write a novel. Your price is a Less Than Honorable Discharge.

If I was an investor, then I wouldn't invest in you.
If I was looking for a business partner, then I wouldn't partner with you.

Will you quit when the going gets tough?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
You signed a contract. You breached the contract. You got penalized.
You're a F*ckup.
You were likely a F*ckup before this F*ckup.
You know that you're a F*ckup.
I know because during my first enlistment, I f*cked up on a regular basis.

You can do better. Before you can do better, you must be better.
Before you respond to me. Research me. Then think.

Alright guys, I haven’t been on here in a while because I’ve had a lot going on recently (unfortunately, it’s been job related, and not so much my own entrepreneurial endeavors). What I’m about to share here some of you may not agree with, and perhaps you’d be in the right. Others of you may think what I did was acceptable and okay, maybe even the right move (me)?

As someone who has only recently had my cherry popped, as far as discovering the Fastlane goes, I’ve really become fascinated with the idea of becoming a young millionaire. Right now, I guess you could say I’m in the learning phase of doing what I want to do, and I don’t plan on making any kind of money for at least a year.

I’ve always been in love with the idea of just quitting your job and going for whatever it is you want to go for. I guess that’s why I made this crazy decision.

You see, I’m in the Navy, and it’s hard being in the Navy and ALSO being a member of the Fastlane Forum.

All these ideas I hear on the forum about being free, doing whatever the F*ck you want, and breaking out of the slavery of the slow lane, they’re enough to make you lick your lips with lust.

The Navy is the epitome of the slow lane. How many times a day do I hear: “it’s a steady paycheck, 401K (they call it the Thrift Saving Plan in the Navy), benefits, security, can’t wait until Friday.”

You can imagine, I walk through the ship cringing quite often. Some people I really try to get through to, because I see potential in them, I see them being one of you guys, but others? It’s pointless.

They think I’M crazy for not wanting to Re-Enlist, “what are you going to do for money? Will you have free Medical like you do in the military?”

Anyway, it got to the point where it just became too much. It’s almost impossible to get anything done in the Navy. Just when you start to get something going, like making phone calls to build a buyers list, writing a first novel, or taking a marketing course online, you have to go out to sea for two weeks to a month.

In port, outside of the regular work week, you have to stand a duty day on the ship, which will fall on a Saturday and a Sunday twice a month. So for an ENTIRE day, you can’t leave the ship (if you do you’re in big trouble).

If you value your time, this will kill you inside. There’s no internet on the ship, and shitty cell phone service. I’ll usually just spend any free time I have—which is very little—writing my novel or reading a book. But most of the time, I have to do it in short bursts because I’ll get tasked with some menial task like taking out my Department Head’s trash.

For two years I put up with this shit. Going out to sea, duty days, shitty food, four hour watches at two in the morning, thousands of ridiculous rules, saluting pencil dick officers, taking orders from retards, and being bombarded like an ISIS cave, with slow lane mentality. On top of that, they recently extended our working hours.

After two years of going out to sea, and even a seven month long deployment to the Middle East, I finally said I had enough.

It was the last underway of the year, after that we wouldn’t be going out to sea again for six months because we’d be going to the ship yards, which is where the ship goes through a long period of serious repair.

When I woke up that morning, I had no idea that I was going to do what I was going to do. When I got to the ship, I hated everyone’s faces, just looking at them made me angry. There were full grown men who outranked me, acting like they were middle schoolers, it was HOT, it was humid, and there was toxic smoke all throughout the air. A girl I had asked out the Friday before, who had told me no, had spread the word to her friends, and they were all giggling.

Finally, just as I was standing there fuming, someone came up to me and said:

“Sins (not my real last name lol), go take out the trash.”

That was it.

“With pleasure,” I said.

The ship was about to leave in an hour, it was now or never. I grabbed my laptop, the only thing I needed, stuffed it into the garbage bag (so I wouldn’t arouse suspicion), and walked off the ship.

At this point, there was no plan, other than doing something so crazy, it would get me kicked out of the military.

I booked a plane ticket to Aruba, and left the next day. I picked up some weed while I was there. It was a really nice time. My trip there consisted of reading, writing my novel, taking a copywriting course, diving, going to the beach, talking to some local girls (didn’t get laid unfortunately), and smoking a shit load of weed.

I had to come back though. Being gone for 30 days would have made me a deserter, which can get you in BIG trouble. I just did my 10 days, and came back to the ship. That was the hardest part.

I got a lot of different reactions when I got back:

“Dude, that’s the most savage story I’ve ever heard!”

“What the hell were you thinking?” They’d say, shaking their heads. “You’re going to be a bum when you get out.” Well, they didn’t say those EXACT words lol, but the way they said it, you could tell that’s what they meant.

Others didn’t think it was my smartest move, but knew I would “excel”—to quote one of my good friends—on the outside.

Finally, I had to face the Captain. Apparently, the whole ship was looking for me because they thought I had gone overboard. So, the Captain gave me 45 days of Restriction, which is pretty much extra chores and dirty work, I can’t leave the ship, I can’t use any electronic devices, I have to muster up in uniform 6 times a day, I’m surrounded by a bunch of delinquents, and I have to wear this red badge across my chest. On top of that, he bumped me down in rank, and cut THAT pay in half for a month. AND…I’m getting kicked out of the military with an Other Than Honorable Discharge. I want to say “ouch,” but that was the plan all along, stupid or not.

So that’s where I’m at now. I’ve managed to sneak onto a computer and write this because I’m still on my 4th day of Restriction. I’ll be getting kicked to the curb, and processed out in roughly two months. With the money I have saved up I can go anywhere in the world.

I may have to work a job until I can get my ideas off the ground (I actually have a really profitable idea I’ve been working on for a while now, more to come later on that), but no job would be a fraction of how bad this job was.

So there it is. I managed to quit my job in the military, and will be hungry and on the streets soon enough with my Other Than Honorable Discharge.

I actually wanted to ask your guys’ opinion about this BEFORE I did it, because I had been entertaining the idea for a while, I just had no idea I would actually do it.

However, after reading MJ’s post about making your own decisions, and not counting on other people to make them for you, especially the big ones, I knew that I was the only one who could make this call. After all, I’m the only one who really knows my situation.

So far, I believe I’ve made the right decision. Why? Because I’d do it again if the Captain changed his mind.

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Since you asked. Pretty dumb in my opinion. You left your ship for 10 days to go to Aruba and smoke weed, talk to girls, go diving, and write a novel. Your price is a Less Than Honorable Discharge.

SquatchMan,

I appreciate your comment, I like the bluntness of it too. It's nice getting a perspective from someone outside of the military.

Not that it makes a difference, but I didn't go to Aruba for a vacation, though I get that it certainly seems that way. I could have gone anywhere, even hung around town when I left the ship, I just decided, if I'm going to hang around anyway, why not go to Aruba?

I smoked weed because that's a sure way to get kicked out, not because I enjoy doing it, though it was pleasant to smoke. I really never plan on ever smoking weed when I get out of the Navy either.

As for the girls and the diving, I did that because they were there.

And I didn't go to Aruba TO write a novel, only to continue working on a novel that I've been working on all year.

Lastly, I really like your quote "will you quit when the going gets tough?" I'm not sure if that's part of your comment or if that's your stationary quote, but I actually asked myself that many times over the last couple years. If I quit this, what else will I quit?

And I'm a firm believer in never throwing in the towel for things that I want in life, however, the Navy is not one of the things I want from life. The way I see it, and this is just my own rationalization, people quit their jobs all the time to go off and do better things, I looked at this as quitting a job, only quitting this job had more severe consequences.

All the same, only time will tell how this will turn out.

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016
sadly you seee this on many forums...and i don't get it. Seeking comfort?

Should i start in X or Y business?

Should I go full or part -time?

Should I....

If you can't make your own mind up maybe you aren't ready?

MonicaK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 20, 2016

Do I quit my job?
Do I do this?
Do I do that?

Folks, I don't know!

And sadly,

I am not you.

Thanks so much for all of the help you've given on the forum so far.

I remember getting your email reply back (about a year ago) after I sent you a thank you email for writing TMF as soon as I finished reading the book.

I printed out your reply and have it stuck on my vision board.

The WADM has helped me make my own independent decisions and joining the forum has taught me a lot about entrepreneurship. (Not to mention reading the book over and over).

Thanks for another great GOLD post!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
That HelpMyDecision.com thing is cool.

Gonna share in my FB Group (hope that's cool).

By the way, is there like a sticky with all the cool calculator tool dealios?

I was thinking to make something similar with my mish mash mosh of cyber dust collecting tools I've got hoarded up.

They come in handy when I do (eventually) get a paying client that likes flashy bang magicy stuff (my bane of existence, I'm sure).

Time to step it up a few notches.

Thanks for whoever bumped this.

Regards

Los

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

Jade.backer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 3, 2018
USA
you are right, I agree with you. we have to step up, learn from these forums and have to make the decision for ourselves.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA
Just posted my own request for yous guys to make decisions for me, he said, feeling justifiably chastised and chagrined.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.