The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sorry, But MJ (or the forum) Can't Make Your Life Decisions For You!!

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
How did I not catch this thread earlier? Good stuff here.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I think the main cause is ppl read tmf and identify themselves as a "fastlaner" and then everything else becomes lower than them even decisions themselves.

Parents wants me to go to college then rags on them ( im guilty of this) but somehow they have managed to keep a roof over their head ( respect that)

College bores me and I can manage a lot more if I drop out and work on that 9 figure idea( when the problem really is lack of discipline)

F*ck em Im fastlane and thats all that matters , got twenty buck in the bank , eyeing that aventador tho (play on the title of MJ's thread)

From reading older posts I have started to realise that many of the younger readers approach the fastlane principle the wrong way or instead interpret in ways that contorts the true meaning or should I say lifestyle...

Just my musing on the topic...

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Both coasts. The west now.
One observation I have noticed about the most successful millionaires and billionaires is that they would become it again if you took everything away from them.There is a simple reason, and that is their state of mind, a state of being, and even a matter of confidence.
With out that, I think the rest is irrelevant, so you need to figure out what will get you to that mindset.

Only you know what is best for you. For me, I had to move. As in I just packed my car and said time to start over.
The schooling part was already over so that part wasn't a debate.

Nothing wrong with asking questions and getting input, but the final decision should be solely yours. I'd rather create be responsible for my own success or failure than have to attribute it to someone else.

Last edited:

Jon Snow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 30, 2014
Well, some people just don't have courage to make big decision, to take big risk for their own life.
Gladly I has adopted the right mindset from reading Victor Pride's blog.
I also read your book because of him.

I chose my big decision 4 months ago.
Yes, it takes some balls. Yes, I was scared.
I'm not yet in the place I put my mind to.
But life never been better.
No more dead look in my eyes.

Mr3Thirty5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Feb 9, 2015
This is a great thread. What's life without risk? It may be scary but you gotta try it to know if it works or not. I've made a lot of mistakes when I was younger, but you know what? I don't blame anyone because I made those decisions. If I hadn't made those decisions on my own, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I ask a lot of questions, but those questions are used to help me make my decision, but never will I ask someone to decide for me. Lots of good influence on this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Now what? :D

That's hilarious :hilarious:

I guess you chose Florida?

I was trying to decide wether or not I should make a major geographical move, and decided to go to MJ's helpmydecision.com.

I knew between my options there was one that was a little more scary, and of course, that's the one that came out #1.

So I went back and did it again, just to make sure. ha. I even weighted some of the factors differently while still being honest.

It still came out with the same answer. lol

Oh well..... I might be moving west soon!

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Right, okay then let's reword this MJ? in your BIASED opinion if you were me, which your not TODAY, but there was a time.you have less than $1000 you want to feed your baby and are working full time, thinking you want to hop off the sidewalk and skip the slowlane,your resources are TINY heck your spending money to use OPR would you look for a second job.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Right, okay then let's reword this MJ? in your BIASED opinion if you were me, which your not TODAY, but there was a time.you have less than $1000 you want to feed your baby and are working full time, thinking you want to hop off the sidewalk and skip the slowlane,your resources are TINY heck your spending money to use OPR would you look for a second job.

In the "we can't make your life decisions" thread you ask this.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I think you're missing the point of this thread. FYI, I find it difficult to read your posts due to your run on sentences.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
QUOTE ="BigBrianC, post: 469945, member: 28432"]In the "we can't make your life decisions" thread you ask this.[ QUOTE ]
I think you're missing the point of this thread. FYI, I find it difficult to read your posts due to your run on sentences.
Right, this is what I saw:
Should I {Enter HUGE Decision Here}?
Beautiful, AllenCrawley, I tried to work on my English,gave up when
no matter how hard I worked I could never get an period or comma in the right
place.Comma-Splicing, too many commas or not enough.

In short I am looking for an informed decision whether I should look for a second job
I don't care if the opinion is BIASED my fear scrapping the project before my prototype gets built
or worse dying and not living to see it in stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
QUOTE ="BigBrianC, post: 469945, member: 28432"]In the "we can't make your life decisions" thread you ask this.[ QUOTE ]

In short I am looking for an informed decision whether I should look for a second job
I don't care if the opinion is BIASED my fear scrapping the project before my prototype gets built
Why do you have to ask anyone this? No money for a prototype? Get another job or hustle for the extra cash. You are wasting time waiting for someone to give you a 'biased' opinion when you should be doing whatever it takes.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Biased opinion: MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Do whatever the F*ck you need to do to get this thing proven, built and selling. Otherwise why are you here?

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California

I think you're looking at things too black and white here. You're assuming there are only 2 answers. There's only 1 answer to this. If you're serious about getting off the sidewalk, make it happen by any means. If that means getting a second job to bring your prototype to fruition, then do it.
my biased answer: do it smart.

We don't know if you should get a second job or not because we're not you. By you asking for the answers it's coming off as you know the answer already but are doubting your answer and want validation. Do what you have to do to make it happen.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Yes. Do it.
I guarantee it will work.
If it doesn't then I will return the fee you paid me for this invaluable advice.

Good luck.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
I'm starting to receive a lot of emails, and even messages on this forum that request advice on major, life-changing decisions ... as if, I, and the forum, holds some type of crystal ball that knows the right decision for your life, your family, and your happiness.

Do I quit my job?
Do I move across the country?
Do I build the website myself? Or outsource?
Do I risk going into business with Joe Blow or stay in school?
Do I start this business? Or that business?
Do I do this?
Do I do that?

Folks, I don't know!

I can't make these decisions for you.

The forum cannot make these decisions for you.

Everyone is different and only you know you. Some people are dealmakers. Some are introverts. Some are networkers. Some are analytical geniuses.

And yet, please understand that every decision of major consequence in your life carries with it RISK. And yet, RISK is fundamental to the Fastlane because it is the ROAD LESS TRAVELED and often involves sacrifice, and hard-work beyond the "well-traveled" road.

You have to do what is right for YOU and what YOU think will make you happy. And guess what? For some folks, that just might be a Slowlane -- no worries -- life is about happiness and being resolute in your dreams and goals. Whatever path you take, understand that everything extraordinary in life often involved an extraordinary risk.

If you are having trouble making a big decision in your life, I suggest you use the WADM decision matrix that I have used so many times in my life.

Got a Tough Choice? HelpMyDecision.com Helps You Make Better Decisions!

I have been HAPPY in every decision this matrix solved for me.

So to sum it up, I don't know if you should quit college.
I don't know if you should quit your job.
I don't know if you should move to another country.
I don't know if you should quit that business and start another.
I don't know if you should piss-off your parents and do what they don't want.
I don't know if you should learn how to code, or just partner.

And sadly,
the forum doesn't know if you should quit your job.
the forum doesn't know if you should move to another country.
the forum doesn't know if you should quit that business and start another.
the forum doesn't know if you should piss-off your parents and do what they don't want.
the forum doesn't know if you should learn how to code, or just partner.

While I'm flattered that I am asked about such big decisions, my answers are automatically BIASED based on my life experience. The forum responds in the same fashion.

This does not guarantee you will get a good answer based on what is best for YOU.

Take a deep breath, and ask yourself ... What is going to make me happy not just this week, but over the long term? Should you be blessed with another 40 years of life, is this the path you want to take? And remember, not all of life is rainbows and unicorns, the challenging path is the path of growth.

As for my take on decisions, you should already know what my answer will be ... the Fastlane path. But again, that is ME.

I am not you.

You may possess other strengths, talents, and attributes that make the other answer, BETTER.

:cool: :pompus:

Good luck and happy decision-making!

Thought this might need a bump :)

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
bump

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007