The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Soooo I wrote my first Ebook.

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
In the body transformation niche. 20,000 words of all the best advice and value I could offer someone for their journey. (ex personal trainer/competitor here)

Have a fitness blog with 50 views a day. It has 100+ articles, logo, sleek design, a store.

What's the best way to launch it? My wordpress site has 100 users but then I checked my MailCheat(Chimp) and...

MailCheat(Chimp) list has 4 subscribers after being online for 6+ months now. Guess those other subscribers were spammers/bots.

Have a writer on board with the websiteposting up a lot of content. He's completed 2 ebooks of his own with 2 more on the way. I'm working on a second one as well. So far I have paid him a bit and invested about 1000$ total + time into the blog.

Was thinking of posting it on Amazon under a personal seller account and shuttling the profits into traffic to the main site? My web developper friend is going to configure the store on the main site (my blog) over easter weekend. I'm paying him by customizing a nutrition and training plan for him and his wife.

What do you guys think is the best way to sell this book. Should I make a satellite site for the book?

Looking to offer it for 14.99-19.99 USD.

Has a ton of value, spent 7 weeks writing it. Nailed the cover image, put the legal disclaimer, mission statement, logos and branding all over it.

Thanks guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
I think you need to build some buzz around this book launch, build a small campaing on facebook targeting same demographic - people who like books on similar category. Send those clicks to your squeeze page, offering them somethig of value.
If this book is on same niche as your site I don't see any reason to make a satellite website.
Give Amazon what they want. Meaning you need to concentrate on getting reviews and sales even at break even, so you grab a prominent place for a couple of weeks and Amazon will keep promoting it from there.

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
Sounds good.

I have two books to launch. One was co-written with my writer on injury rehab.

The other is my soul on paper, a piece of art. Everything I believe will help people's body transformation needs. From over a decade of experience.

Will be putting both books on Amazon and the blog store. Creating a landing page on the site for each book filled with copy. Hyperlinks in the articles etc. Should I reach out to influencers? Other Bloggers? offer 50/50 to plug into their traffic?

Sending out emails to my MailCheat(Chimp) list.

It may be a challenge to get sales going in the beginning. We don't have that many subscribers and traffic.

The goal is to make 1$

Reinvest all proceeds and keep helping people through the blog. It needs money to continue.

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
Give Amazon what they want. Meaning you need to concentrate on getting reviews and sales even at break even, so you grab a prominent place for a couple of weeks and Amazon will keep promoting it from there.

How do you grab a promiment place? uploading the books now

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
You should read the progress thread posts by chikenhawk, also giroud he has a great AMA thread.
You can learn a ton from reading their posts.

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
If you want to get $15+ for your book, you may have a harder time on amazon. Even non-fiction books (self-published) often don't fetch half of that. Of course, the volume of sales could make up for a lower price, but that's up to you!

What you could do is turn your book into a 'light' version for amazon and a full-blown version to sell on your website. That way, you can still profit from amazon's traffic - People who liked the 'light' ebook, set up as teaser, may go on and buy the full book later (you could offer a discount). In the amazon book, you could include a link to your sign-up form and build your mailing list.

Probably a bit late now that you already uploaded your book, but just as an idea... I mean, you don't have to choose one platform exclusively, you can mix and combine and try to get the best of both worlds.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
20,000 words does not equal a $15-20 book unless you are offering some completely radical information (unlikely, as the fitness niche is loaded already with both paid and free content.)

It would be different if you already had a list of mega-fans who were following your every movement. At that point you could probably sell cow manure and they would still buy it. But if you're still starting, NO ONE on Amazon is going to pay $15 for a Kindle book from you in a saturated niche. There are already 10 free books on the topic, and 100 $1 books.

You're better off running a 5-day free Kindle promotion upon launching. During those 5 days, drive traffic to the free book through Facebook, Twitter, free Kindle book websites, related forums, etc. Then hope that that momentum transfers when you transition to a paid book costing $1-5.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
20,000 words does not equal a $15-20 book unless you are offering some completely radical information (unlikely, as the fitness niche is loaded already with both paid and free content.)

It would be different if you already had a list of mega-fans who were following your every movement. At that point you could probably sell cow manure and they would still buy it. But if you're still starting, NO ONE on Amazon is going to pay $15 for a Kindle book from you in a saturated niche. There are already 10 free books on the topic, and 100 $1 books.

You're better off running a 5-day free Kindle promotion upon launching. During those 5 days, drive traffic to the free book through Facebook, Twitter, free Kindle book websites, related forums, etc. Then hope that that momentum transfers when you transition to a paid book costing $1-5.
Tell'em boxster. haha but good luck dude i would drive traffic to it for sure

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.