The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Someone Wants To Buy My Youtube Channel

Ossian Shield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2019
I hope all you guys are having an awesome day so far!

I have been running a Music Production Youtube channel since around January this year, with reused content of artist. I also have Live Instagram clips from well known Hiphop Music Producers on the channel. Some of my clips has gone viral, getting a lot of engagement. And some of them have sky rocket in views this past weeks, also my subs a have added from around 2.500 up to 4.315 at the moment. I'm not making any money from youtube since it's reused content and the only money I make is from Amazon associates links and I know that's this is a hitchhiking process. I'm afraid to promote the channel here since it's not allowed but if you want to look it up please let me know.

I just got a message from a guy that wanted to buy the channel but he left no offer. I also think that more and more will contact me and want to buy the channel.
The plan was to eventually sell my own melodies "samples" that other producers could use.
I have been producing music on the computer since around 9:th grade, since it was the only fastlane process I did know when I was little = be an artist (Musicproducer).
I would also be happy to sell it for a large sum of dough since I'm also in the process of starting my own business.

Appreciate all you guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Buyer-Message.png
    Buyer-Message.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 16

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
First, I wouldn't necessarily get all fired up about the offer--yet. Get more dteails from the person who made the offer: who are they, why do they want to acquire vs. build their own channel, what's their objective, etc. Just have a phone call.

There are a number of ways you can monetize a YouTube channel:
  1. YouTube ads: Ads will likely have the lowest return per # of views or subscribers.
  2. Affiliate products
  3. Consulting & coaching
  4. Infoproducts: Probably the highest return--for example, you could offer a course on music production.
YouTube wants people to spend as much time as possible on their site, so if your videos do that, YouTube will send you more traffic by featuring your videos as suggested videos to users. And once your have 1,000+ subscribers, it'll be easier to get to 5k, 10k, etc.

You might also be interested in this thread: NOTABLE! - How to Grow a YouTube Channel from Nothing

Ossian Shield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2019
First, I wouldn't necessarily get all fired up about the offer--yet. Get more dteails from the person who made the offer: who are they, why do they want to acquire vs. build their own channel, what's their objective, etc. Just have a phone call.

There are a number of ways you can monetize a YouTube channel:
  1. YouTube ads: Ads will likely have the lowest return per # of views or subscribers.
  2. Affiliate products
  3. Consulting & coaching
  4. Infoproducts: Probably the highest return--for example, you could offer a course on music production.
YouTube wants people to spend as much time as possible on their site, so if your videos do that, YouTube will send you more traffic by featuring your videos as suggested videos to users. And once your have 1,000+ subscribers, it'll be easier to get to 5k, 10k, etc.

You might also be interested in this thread: NOTABLE! - How to Grow a YouTube Channel from Nothing

Youtube has recommended several of my videos and my subs is currently 4316 subsribers

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
While it's impossible to tell based on the information - that message looks and feels like someone who doesn't know what they are doing and I'd bet dollars to donuts they don't want to spend more than $50 or so on this. Maybe a bit more but I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't insultingly low. I'd be dumbfounded if they gave you a number that you would consider "a lot of dough".

Try responding with this:

"That's certainly possible - what was your budget for a channel like this? If your range sounds reasonable and worthwhile I'll seriously consider it".

He's trying to buy, you aren't trying to sell - make him throw numbers out first.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
As @JAJT said it probably will turn out to be a low offer.

But, bearing in mind you can’t monitise it due to it being reused content and your subscrition level (although nice) is low, it isn’t worth a great deal anyway.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
the problem with channels like that is the follower base is not really loyal. What is the brand other than clips of other people's content?

I've seen channels like yours find success by doing giveaways or other marketing techniques to increase engagement. Start building a community and increase the ROI per subscriber (this is probably what the buyer plans on doing with your channel).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.