The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some questions

carupe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 19, 2019
Hey, its me again with a new "problems" or questions that I cant answer in my head.

So, I have this awesome idea in my head that I think about every day for a lot of time, pretty much my whole work day and quite some time when Im at home. In my mind, I add new features, I imagine how it would work, I think of ways to do everything and so on...

Now, this idea is in a gaming niche and would change a lot of things. Similar services already exist, but my idea would do what they do in a very different way. So in a way, I would be the first one to bring such a service to the market. And that means if done correctly I could make it a great success, and thats what I am overthinking right now. I am thinking of so many things that could go in the way, from another person implementing the idea right after me with a bigger budget and take the number 1 spot right at the start (I have pretty much no budget), or some issues I cant even imagine what could be when many people start using it. I am alone in this and I would need to outsource pretty much everything. And even if the thing explodes and is a great success I would quickly need people to help with it and so on...I just keep on thinking of things that could go wrong or what I am still missing.

Currently, I am not doing anything with the idea besides working on it in my head. I am trying to learn as much as I can and currently reading many of the books from the "The Ultimate Guide On What Books To Read" section.

Basically, I dont want to bring the idea to the market with zero budget as someone could easily steal it and make it a huge success with a marketing budget and so on because I wouldnt be so big yet. I havent done much in my life yet and I am very sad about that, I think that is the part also why I want to do this perfectly to have a much better chance of success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
We often give more value to our ideas than they're worth. Maybe it is something that someone would steal and try to replicate. Even then, there is enough of the pie to go around for everyone. You're basically making up excuses of why you can't do something right now. Just do step 1, then do step 2. You're sitting here worried if a competitor is going to steal your idea, when instead you should be executing on your idea.

With my business, our competitors have tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in funds that they could use to rip off our solutions. That certainly didn't stop us.

Stop thinking about what if someone else does it better, and instead start thinking about what it will feel like when you succeed, and then go do it.

You don't have to do it perfectly, and you never will. Just get out there and take your first steps, and keep asking "what's next?". Before you know it, you'll have sales.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
there is enough of the pie to go around for everyone. You're basically making up excuses of why you can't do something right now. Just do step 1, then do step 2. You're sitting here worried if a competitor is going to steal your idea, when instead you should be executing on your idea.
I've heard this mindset from multiple fastlaners.

As a self-identified overthinker, I know it's hard to get out of the habit, but all that thinking is getting in the way of you taking action & creating progress.

Make a to-do list of ONE thing. Go do it. See what happens, reflect, then do the next thing. Repeat.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
How many have you sold?
Sell one.
Quit wasting time and do it or someone else will.

carupe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 19, 2019
We often give more value to our ideas than they're worth. Maybe it is something that someone would steal and try to replicate. Even then, there is enough of the pie to go around for everyone. You're basically making up excuses of why you can't do something right now. Just do step 1, then do step 2. You're sitting here worried if a competitor is going to steal your idea, when instead you should be executing on your idea.

With my business, our competitors have tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in funds that they could use to rip off our solutions. That certainly didn't stop us.

Stop thinking about what if someone else does it better, and instead start thinking about what it will feel like when you succeed, and then go do it.

You don't have to do it perfectly, and you never will. Just get out there and take your first steps, and keep asking "what's next?". Before you know it, you'll have sales.

Hey, thanks for the reply. You are right I think and I have read about that in the unscripted book but I still cant change my mind to what you said.

Maybe I feel this way, because this would be new to the niche and has a really huge potential. And like I said someone could easily take it and make it a huge success and leave pretty much nothing for me. I feel different when thinking about a business in already competitive niches where I wouldnt be the first one but would fight to be "in". But with this one, I think I want to ensure my success or something, its very hard to explain.

It would be a software completely free to use, the goal would be to attract as many people as fast as possible and move on from there.

I've heard this mindset from multiple fastlaners.

As a self-identified overthinker, I know it's hard to get out of the habit, but all that thinking is getting in the way of you taking action & creating progress.

Make a to-do list of ONE thing. Go do it. See what happens, reflect, then do the next thing. Repeat.

Hey, also thank you.

This is probably one of the few ways I can do that, there is no other way than actually do it. I would just feel very bad if I would release it to the market and in 2 months see someone else advertising the same idea everywhere knowing he is getting 10 times more users as me who started it.

Like I said its hard to even explain, I kinda want to ensure that I am on the top if I "found" the idea or something...

I never had any successful business yet in my life and that is something I am going to do. Thats why I want to ensure, not to continue my procrastinating way of doing.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
If someone else copies the idea and becomes massively successful by executing better than you can, then great! It's a fabulous learning experience to study exactly what they did or even a possibility to partner up with them. With this mindset, the only thing that can come out of doing it, is positive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.