• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

NOTABLE! Sold my $30,000 p/mth website for $650k - My "near wealth experience" taught me this--> [MP3]

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by V8Bill, May 27, 2017.

1. V8Bill

V8Bill Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,880
    Read --> Post 144 for the new links. Thanks for asking.

Jeff Noel and The Abundant Man like this.
  2. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,163
    Thank you very much!

V8Bill likes this.
  3. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative asdfghjkl;kvjiad;lkdf Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,142
    Hey Bill!

It's been about a year and a half since listening to your book the first time, and would love to give it a re-listen.

...But these links are dead!

Could you update them again?

Cheers :)

4. V8Bill

Rep Bank:
    $18,880
    They seem to work for me. Check again. Could be just a glitch at Amazon.

I just checked the bitly link data and loads of people are downloading the book and audio but I'm not getting any feedback which is a bit sad. Can anyone who's read or listened to it please come back to this thread and offer some feedback so others can know if it's worth their time?

It's all too easy to grab something for free and then forget about it thinking that "if it costs nothing it must be worth nothing". This is often the case but in my case I'm giving away the whole box and dice only on this forum. The only currency I ask in return is feedback so I can know that I'm doing some good or that you think I'm full of **it.

Come on guys, you can do better. If you've downloaded, read or listened to my book at least post back here to bump this thread so that others can benefit. Don't be shy. This may be one of the best value free things on the net in this category. Let others know, let me know. Let's keep bumping this thread with real feedback.

Thanks to those who have offered feedback.

5. LucasLim

LucasLim New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $67
    Hey Bill, thanks for sharing your inspiring story & sharing your book!

For Free?! What? Are you running a charity or something?

Just kidding, I've just downloaded it, will read it and give you feedback :) Promise.

V8Bill likes this.
  6. Musashi

Musashi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $665
    Hi Bill,

Finally I've read your book - and I think it's awesome. Very well written, a unique concept and interesting ideas/viewpoints. Besides your 2X Method I really like the idea of a daily dose of excitement. I will try to incorporate that into my daily routine.

I have a question though: What is your take on saving the other half of the 2x? Am I correct that according to your philosophy - and in order to feel wealthy - it is important to spend these non-essential expenses? I am currently somewhere at 8x - and I save nearly every dime after my essential expenses. Probably I should loosen up a bit. :)

Thanks for sharing the book for free! +REP

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    V8Bill likes this.
  7. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,262
    Hey Bi I believe I've already given feedback as soon as I got the free book. Let me thank you again as I read it whenever I get a bit stressed about money just to keep me grounded. It is a great read and you have given a great gift to the community here. Thanks Bill.

V8Bill likes this.
  8. V8Bill

Rep Bank:
    $18,880
    Thanks! Glad you liked it and it's made an impact.

Don't forget; Tim Ferris said "excitement is the key" I added a small daily does of Excitement OR Satisfaction is the key to a great life starting today. But later (not in the book) I also added a third "shot-glass" dose to the theory and that's a daily dose of something Interesting/Fascinating. You only need one of these aspects in a small amount to have had a great day.

Absolutely not. There's no need to spend anything after you've met your essential expenses. The key to feeling financially free is to be able to spend up to double your essential expenses on fun and luxury then you save what's left over (either your second "X" or anything above "2X") you save in the bank to build up a buffer and ultimately a bank so the interest on that bank will meet your 2X. I call that "Ultimate Wealth".

So no, don't feel the need to spend anything on fun or luxury every week. Just being able to do will make you feel free enough. Good question!

Wow! 8X is massive. Super cool and well done. So, to be clear; you can spend up to the same amount as your essential expenses on having a a bit of fun or enjoying some luxury (going to the beach for an ice cream might be enough luxury for you - it's totally up to you) because we all need that small release and to deny is like trying to hold back a damn of water. But you bank the last 6X and never touch it. If you want to save for something to spend in the short term you do it via your second "X" (your right pocket). Anything that goes into the bank stays in the bank forever except for the two things which I jokingly suggest could be "kidnapping ransom or health emergencies".

Thanks for your feedback and questions. I can guarantee that your questions and my answers have helped someone else as well and your feedback has helped me know I'm hitting the mark.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Musashi and Ascension like this.
  9. V8Bill

Rep Bank:
    $18,880
    Thanks Tommo! This is the greatest compliment an author could receive. I appreciate your comment and it makes me smile that you're using my book to keep your grounded and to stress a little less.

Tommo likes this.
  10. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,262
    You and MJ have the knack of clarity in your writing. Thanks.

V8Bill likes this.
  11. Ksalazar

Ksalazar Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $238
    Thank you for sharing really inspirational

V8Bill likes this.
  12. Lenin

Lenin PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    I can not download the PDF, the link takes me to the google page, could you please contact me: costosdrywall@hotmail.com
    thousand thanks in advance

13. Lenin

Lenin PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    Greetings from Lima, Peru, I am a follow you and I am learning with your messages, I have a business underway and I would like very much to learn from your process that you have in your book.
    I can not download the PDF of the book, the link takes me to the google page, could you please send it to my email: costosdrywall@hotmail.com
    thousand thanks in advance.

14. ehben

ehben New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $41
    yeah - the link goes to google.com :/

15. V8Bill

Rep Bank:
    $18,880
    I've posted new links above. Read the whole thread and you'll not only find the new links but I hope a whole lot more information that you should find helpful and interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

My original post is too old for me to edit now which is why I posted new links a few posts ago.

16. V8Bill

Rep Bank:
    $18,880
    ;)
    You'll all find the current working links here --> (page 6, post 144)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 8:03 PM

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.